Ask a question, get an answer! #2

There are recolors of Hasbro Layers, but no red Valtryek or green Horusood yet.
I know this is a weird question but I'm new to the site
Wanted to ask where the money goes from tournaments
Like to the WBO or organiser...
(Feb. 19, 2017  4:38 PM)Ryan Valkyrie Wrote: I know this is a weird question but I'm new to the site
Wanted to ask where the money goes from tournaments
Like to the WBO or organiser...

It's actually a fairly common question, haha. Donations and fees collected from tournaments go to the WBO, but they are used to fund giveaways, prizes, events, website maintenance, and other special campaigns. All money collected by the WBO goes right back into its communities in one form or another.

For future reference, though, this thread is for questions exclusively about the Beyblade hobby. For forum and organization related questions, use the Questions About the WBO topic.
I had also made a topic on this subject:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Mat...ganization
(Feb. 18, 2017  4:13 AM)mj9 Wrote: The plastic won't wear away
I could cut the plastic
(Feb. 19, 2017  9:08 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: I could cut the plastic

Then that would be illegal and make it unusable for tournamnets
(Feb. 19, 2017  9:21 PM)mj9 Wrote: Then that would be illegal and make it unusable for tournamnets

Oh
I'm trying to identify what is supposedly a hasbro burst bey off my friend's description. Here's what he gave me:
Its yellow, definitely a stamina type, has a separate spinner thing on its base that allows it to keep spinning. he's apparently not referring to drivers. He says it may also have been orange.
Any ideas
Edit: got more info. Fixed the question a bit
(Feb. 19, 2017  11:16 PM)KitanoYuuki Wrote: I'm trying to identify what is supposedly a hasbro burst bey off my friend's description. Here's what he gave me:
Its yellow, definitely a stamina type, has a separate spinner thing on its base that allows it to keep spinning. he's apparently not referring to gyro or orbit drivers.
Any ideas?

Hes probably referring to R2(Rising Roktavor/ Roktavor R2)
It's Driver/performance tip is revolve, which has a free-spinning ring around the tip that allows for a lot of LAD (Life after death)
Also
Hi, nice meeting you at the tournament Smile
So, is it really that big of a deal to talk about Trump? since, you know, he does want to make anything Japanese more expensive and beyblade burst IS Japanese. So it does anyone know how to bypass that law if it ever gets to be an actual law? I really really need to know, I am NOT paying $35 for Lost Longinus. I am aware that a nod might take out this question, but just tell me how to make it better, don't just delete it. I want my beys, and I WILL have them for the right price not for $40 - $65. So this politics affect us ALL. Especially if you buy Hasbro beys since they are made in China while Takara Tomy makes them in Vietnam.
I.. don't think this is the right thread to be talking about Donald Trump to be honest.
It is one of the community rules here not to discuss politics, so yes, it is bad to talk about Donald Trump or any president... This is your last verbal warning.
Ah political discussions. They tend to create a lot of confusion and disagreements and stuff so it's better off not bringing that into a beyblade forum or maybe making a seperate thread discussing it or something.
Okay, I got 1 answer, now I need the second please. Well I now know to not mention any politics, I am very sorry though,  I just feel very strongly about him, I am hispanic, kinda... I was born in texas but came from mexican parents, but that's getting off topic, point is: I want beyblades and I want them cheap. I love beyblade quite a lot, in fact my dad went out of his way to give me $40 dollars to spend on beys, I feel a very strong feeling towards my Victory Valkyrie, I would be heart broken if Valkyrie ever broke. Okay let's do one thing, I will declare myself guilty if I commit ONE more bad thing like bringing up politics or Trump, so mods, keep me posted if I ever get carried away in my thoughts. Just realized I just got carried away. Well, might as well ask something... Would physics class help me with beyblade? sorry about all my babbling I should keep a diary, should I? I am quite new, I don't post here often.
(Feb. 20, 2017  2:03 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Okay, I got 1 answer, now I need the second please. Well I now know to not mention any politics, I am very sorry though,  I just feel very strongly about him, I am hispanic, kinda... I was born in texas but came from mexican parents, but that's getting off topic, point is: I want beyblades and I want them cheap.

Just a side note...
Hasbro Burst Beyblades are also made in Vietnam
(Feb. 20, 2017  2:09 AM)Mage Wrote: Just a side note...
Hasbro Burst Beyblades are also made in Vietnam

WOW! I am dumb! Should've checked before saying anything. Well thanks for the info!
(Feb. 20, 2017  2:03 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Okay, I got 1 answer, now I need the second please. Well I now know to not mention any politics, I am very sorry though,  I just feel very strongly about him, I am hispanic, kinda... I was born in texas but came from mexican parents, but that's getting off topic, point is: I want beyblades and I want them cheap. I love beyblade quite a lot, in fact my dad went out of his way to give me $40 dollars to spend on beys, I feel a very strong feeling towards my Victory Valkyrie, I would be heart broken if Valkyrie ever broke. Okay let's do one thing, I will declare myself guilty if I commit ONE more bad thing like bringing up politics or Trump, so mods, keep me posted if I ever get carried away in my thoughts. Just realized I just got carried away. Well, might as well ask something... Would physics class help me with beyblade? sorry about all my babbling I should keep a diary, should I? I am quite new, I don't post here often.

If there is a tariff on Japanese products, there could be a way to get around it. I am not sure if this would be on Japanese products from another country, but you could order from Hong Kong (I don't think there are plans to tax them), and I would assume that they wouldn't know it's a Japanese spinning top so that is the best idea that comes to mind. But of course, this is only if that does happen.

I think we should just drop the whole topic of Donald Trump right now, since we enjoy talking about spinning tops here, not politics. Wink
So if I were to remove the code on a Hasbro layer would it be legal for tournament use or is it illegal the momental you take off the screws?
(Feb. 20, 2017  2:19 AM)Hato Wrote: If there is a tariff on Japanese products, there could be a way to get around it. I am not sure if this would be on Japanese products from another country, but you could order from Hong Kong (I don't think there are plans to tax them), and I would assume that they wouldn't know it's a Japanese spinning top so that is the best idea that comes to mind. But of course, this is only if that does happen.

I think we should just drop the whole topic of Donald Trump right now, since we enjoy talking about spinning tops here, not politics. Wink

Yeah, I kinda have a personal problem with Trump, he wants a 10% tax on everything from NOT-US but you're right we should all just forget I ever mentioned him, it's just that he targets my family. Back to beyblade tough, for some reason both my Valkyries and Xcalibur F X came from Hong Kong, all 3 are official though, is that normal? They're not even from Sono Kong. I spent about 30 minutes hesitating to post this since I don't want to get banned, I am just too honest, I admit this post might have broken the guidelines but I am not sure... Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks! and I am truly sorry, I regret bringing politics, a link to the guidelines would be nice, I am used to using this site in its old form and with no account. Anyone live in Austin Texas, I also need a link to that as well since I would love to meet new bladers and make new friends.
Final hesitation time: about 40 minutes
(Feb. 20, 2017  3:03 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Yeah, I kinda have a personal problem with Trump, he wants a 10% tax on everything from NOT-US but you're right we should all just forget I ever mentioned him, it's just that he targets my family. Back to beyblade tough, for some reason both my Valkyries and Xcalibur F X came from Hong Kong, all 3 are official though, is that normal? They're not even from Sono Kong. I spent about 30 minutes hesitating to post this since I don't want to get banned, I am just too honest, I admit this post might have broken the guidelines but I am not sure... Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks! and I am truly sorry, I regret bringing politics, a link to the guidelines would be nice, I am used to using this site in its old form and with no account. Anyone live in Austin Texas, I also need a link to that as well since I would love to meet new bladers and make new friends.

Ok, first off the beyblade stuff
Beys from Hong Kong are usually legit and are not fake; I'm pretty sure cause I have family there and the anime airs in Hong Kong too.
Here's the link for Austin Texas tournament interest: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-austin-...-by?page=1
By now I can't guarantee that you won't have a punishment for mentioning that again...
Kai-V said that that was her final verbal warning so, good luck...
(Feb. 20, 2017  3:03 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Yeah, I kinda have a personal problem with Trump, he wants a 10% tax on everything from NOT-US but you're right we should all just forget I ever mentioned him, it's just that he targets my family. Back to beyblade tough, for some reason both my Valkyries and Xcalibur F X came from Hong Kong, all 3 are official though, is that normal? They're not even from Sono Kong. I spent about 30 minutes hesitating to post this since I don't want to get banned, I am just too honest, I admit this post might have broken the guidelines but I am not sure... Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks! and I am truly sorry, I regret bringing politics, a link to the guidelines would be nice, I am used to using this site in its old form and with no account. Anyone live in Austin Texas, I also need a link to that as well since I would love to meet new bladers and make new friends.

A Beyblade from Hong Kong doesn't automatically mean it's reason to raise concern unless the packaging looks incorrect, or the logo of whatever licensed producer is missing. As long as the packaging contains the official Takara Tomy logo, it's definitely real. I'm unsure why Sono Kong would be mentioned in this though, as they are a Korean company and you're speaking about beyblades from China. I don't believe Sono Kong's gotten in on Beyblade Burst due to their current "Top Plate" spin-off (pun not intended), but that's just an assumption based on what I've observed. I'm open to being corrected by someone more knowledgable if I'm wrong though

Also... I'm just going to say, several people had already asked you to stop talking about politics and Kai-V had already given you your first, and last, verbal warning- yet you still decided it was a good idea to keep going.. We kind of expect you to just drop it after we ask you to stop. So there's no guarantee at this point that you won't be reprimanded.
How will mfb beys perform in standard burst bb09 stadium??
(Feb. 20, 2017  9:43 AM)Kavin916 Wrote: How will mfb beys perform in standard burst bb09 stadium??

They perform fine testing shown that they achieve similar performance  to when they are in a bb-10
What is the rough estimated price of a BB-10 attack stadium?
Have anyone find any crack in their used L2 so far?