Ask a question, get an answer! #2

on the competitive plastic combo's list, wyborg's spin gear is listed, does anyone know if there is anything special about wyborgs spin gear.
also is the rock bison engine gear taller than wolborg 4's engine gear.
(Jul. 02, 2015  8:46 PM)username786 Wrote: on the competitive plastic combo's list, wyborg's spin gear is listed, does anyone know if there is anything special about wyborgs spin gear.

Firstly, this belongs in the 'Plastics Q&A' thread.

Wyborg's base has a set of plastic clips that contribute to it's weight. When these clips are paired with heavier bases it can add some serious weight.
(Jul. 02, 2015  8:46 PM)username786 Wrote: on the competitive plastic combo's list, wyborg's spin gear is listed, does anyone know if there is anything special about wyborgs spin gear.

Yes, it's taller.
does the dark bull booster contain the second mould of h145
(Jul. 03, 2015  3:52 PM)username786 Wrote: does the dark bull booster contain the second mould of h145

Yes, it would be unlikely to find one from the first production wave that still has the first mould. The same goes for the first mould of Q.
(Jul. 03, 2015  3:52 PM)username786 Wrote: does the dark bull booster contain the second mould of h145
Most likely yes, i got one back in 2013 and it was in fact the mold 2 H145.

Your best bet at getting a mold one H145 would be from Light Wheel Random Booster volume 3, i never got that random booster so i dont know how likely you are to get a mold 1 H145 but i would guess it is still quite unlikely.
So, if the mod doesn't affect the performance of the bey in any way, would taping or gluing a small piece of paper onto a facebolt be legal? What about a metal facebolt? I ask because I just taped two different small pieces of paper onto two of my plastic faces and am thinking about putting a third paper face on my Metal Face.
Sounds like you're making your own stickers, so it should be legal.

And for the Beyblade Burst Release on July 18th, I'm assuming that's a release only in Japan/Asia? Or is it world wide?
(Jul. 09, 2015  8:16 PM)Grimlai Wrote: So, if the mod doesn't affect the performance of the bey in any way, would taping or gluing a small piece of paper onto a facebolt be legal? What about a metal facebolt? I ask because I just taped two different small pieces of paper onto two of my plastic faces and am thinking about putting a third paper face on my Metal Face.

If everything is as light as what you made it sound and that there is no difference in performance, then it is legal. If you want to be extra certain, then you could post photographs of your modifications so that we can really see what you did.
Since I'm not sure how to embed photos into my forum posts, I'll do the next best thing; explain my process. That way, I don't have to fiddle around with my camera, you can tell me if my thought process was good, and most importantly, you can use it to determine if my mod is legal. Oh, and if you want to follow the process, feel free. I think that gluing the facebolt may, in the future, be a bit more effective, but this works.

My goal with the mod had two parts: First, it had to look good, and Second, it had to be purely cosmetic. The first is debatable, but the all important second remains intact.

My method involved designing the chips, which I did on the computer, and printing them out on normal printer paper. Then, I took thin strips of clear tape and stuck it around the rim of the facebolt, so that it was sticking straight up. Then I cut out the design that I wanted and stuck it on the facebolt, after which I took the tape that was sticking straight up and pushed it so that it stuck onto the bey. The result, after performing the process twice, was two custom facebolts; a blue facebolt with Wolborg's design and one with Dragoon's design, for my Phantom Aquario and Meteo LDrago respectively.

I'm gonna try out the gluing idea with a third plastic facebolt, and see if that works before moving on to more beyblades.

EDIT: Just tried replacing the tape with glue, to great success. Not only does it provide a purely cosmetic change, but it also looks a lot better.
Sounds perfectly legal.
To go a bit off topic, have you tried using sticker paper? That way you can skip gluing and taping.

Edit: Quick question; Will the Beyblade Burst Beystadium be legal in all formats? I want to get one while their cheap.
We will have to test them extensively first to know whether they should be the only legal stadiums in the Burst format, and whether they can be used in other formats.
(Jul. 10, 2015  3:27 AM)BlazingWolf Wrote: Sounds perfectly legal.
To go a bit off topic, have you tried using sticker paper? That way you can skip gluing and taping.

Edit: Quick question; Will the Beyblade Burst Beystadium be legal in all formats? I want to get one while their cheap.
I thought about using sticker paper, but I didn't want to sink the cash. I had a glue stick, a printer, and a pair of scissors, though, so I used that.

Also, I don't really know whether or not the Beyblade Burst stadiums will be legal. I think they will, but I could very well be wrong.
Not sure if this goes here but why is zankye's username green?
This question should be asked on the WBO random thoughts topic.
Been out of the scene for a while now, and I'm sure this has been asked before. I looked up some MFBs on eBay and saw some extremely low prices. A company called Rapidity makes them. Those prices don't sit well with me. Am I correct that Rapidity is to MFB what TT Hongli was to Plastics?
(Jul. 13, 2015  7:14 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Been out of the scene for a while now, and I'm sure this has been asked before. I looked up some MFBs on eBay and saw some extremely low prices. A company called Rapidity makes them. Those prices don't sit well with me. Am I correct that Rapidity is to MFB what TT Hongli was to Plastics?

Yes, you are. Rapidity is a no-no.
They seem to use a more maleable metal aswell and have terrible molding, making them more noticeably inferior than plastic era fakes.

Is HMS Aero Knight legal without its Aero Core?
i was wondering if this was a fake beyblade
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BEYBLADE-18-...1483887979
(Jul. 13, 2015  6:45 PM)username786 Wrote: i was wondering if this was a fake beyblade
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BEYBLADE-18-...1483887979
Im pretty sure that is fake.
It definitely is, that is Chinese on the box and you really have to see Takara's logo.
I'm really interested in the Zero-G format (although I'm extremely late).
Anyways I like the design of Balro and saw this under Zero-G Attack Customs:

MSF/MSF-H Balro Balro SA165/E230 CF/GCF/GF

For some reason I've always thought whatever was mentioned first was best. Which would make MSF Balro Balro SA165CF the best under that reasoning. Is that so? What is the "best" out of those options?
The way the top-tier lists are written is so that functionally similar combos share the same line, with a variety of acceptable parts separated by slashes. For example, the Metal Stone Face (MSF) and the MSF-H variant are almost exactly the same mass, and have a roughly equal effect on performance. CF and GCF are also almost identical. I'm not an expert on the Zero-G meta, but there may not necessarily be a "best combo" out of those parts. Most of them will be interchangeable.
(Jul. 15, 2015  12:49 PM)Cake Wrote: The way the top-tier lists are written is so that functionally similar combos share the same line, with a variety of acceptable parts separated by slashes. For example, the Metal Stone Face (MSF) and the MSF-H variant are almost exactly the same mass, and have a roughly equal effect on performance. CF and GCF are also almost identical. I'm not an expert on the Zero-G meta, but there may not necessarily be a "best combo" out of those parts. Most of them will be interchangeable.

So I regret not editing my post and explaining that I understand parts can be interchangeable. Like Grip Flat Core/Grip Flat Core UV, but GFCUV is arguably better which is where my question comes from. I was hoping an "expert" on Zero-G's meta would be the one to answer, and as you clearly stated you're not, can someone who actually knows the different performances of these combos answer the question?

EDIT: I'm sorry Cake, that sounded extremely rude. I found my answer elsewhere though!