Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Sonokong are, but Rapidity are not.

Sonokong is the Korean license holder to distribute Beyblade there. Rapidity are knock-offs, and are extremely cheap.
Okay it's been awhile so i kinda just posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry Kai V. anyway i've been gone a while and i can't seem to remember how to get to the thread with all the best known beys of each type. so can someone tell me the name of that thread? also bd145 has been banned? as well as Basalt and hell for wheels? why!!!???? the sadness lol just messing around but yeah if someone would help me out it'd be highly appreciated.

Um yeah i just found it thank you. No spam intended just wanted to let it be known i answered my own question.
(May. 07, 2015  6:59 AM)Meteo4Ever Wrote: Okay it's been awhile so i kinda just posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry Kai V. anyway i've been gone a while and i can't seem to remember how to get to the thread with all the best known beys of each type. so can someone tell me the name of that thread? also bd145 has been banned? as well as Basalt and hell for wheels? why!!!???? the sadness lol just messing around but yeah if someone would help me out it'd be highly appreciated.

Um yeah i just found it thank you. No spam intended just wanted to let it be known i answered my own question.

I believe you're looking for this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...d-7-1-2014

Unless you're looking for the one where you post a list of your parts, and we tell you the best Beys for each type, in which case, you need the Build Me A Combo 2 thread.

Basalt, Hell, BD145, and more are banned only in Limited Format. In Standard, you can still use them.

For the Limited equivalent of that thread, go here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...Discussion
Alright, so I have a small confusion about something because I've never experienced it upfront, what is the purpose of a blader faking attaching their Beyblade to their launcher during a Stalling Clause? I don't exactly understand how they would fake it and what it would do for them.

Also, what does the judge check if a person's part is broken?
(May. 07, 2015  11:55 PM)Alta Wrote: Alright, so I have a small confusion about something because I've never experienced it upfront, what is the purpose of a blader faking attaching their Beyblade to their launcher during a Stalling Clause? I don't exactly understand how they would fake it and what it would do for them.

Maybe it's not the same case for LA Tournaments but over in NC the judge will ask both players if they are attached. Both Beybladers will reveal their attached Beyblades before the battle begins. According the the WBO rulebook you can't switch which Beyblade you're using once you've attached it, so someone who lies about being attached will be able to see what their opponent is using and pick out a good matchup without technically breaking the rules. There was a discussion about it and the Stalling Clause got reduced to 3 minutes.

From my experience the judge doesn't really inspect both Beyblades before a battle, but if some part is acting strangely (i.e. a super aggressive EWD) they might stop the match to look at it. I'd like to think most people know better than to use broken parts though as it puts them at a disadvantage.
(May. 08, 2015  12:16 AM)Wombat Wrote: Maybe it's not the same case for LA Tournaments but over in NC the judge will ask both players if they are attached. Both Beybladers will reveal their attached Beyblades before the battle begins. According the the WBO rulebook you can't switch which Beyblade you're using once you've attached it, so someone who lies about being attached will be able to see what their opponent is using and pick out a good matchup without technically breaking the rules. There was a discussion about it and the Stalling Clause got reduced to 3 minutes.

From my experience the judge doesn't really inspect both Beyblades before a battle, but if some part is acting strangely (i.e. a super aggressive EWD) they might stop the match to look at it. I'd like to think most people know better than to use broken parts though as it puts them at a disadvantage.

I don't recall the judge asking if blades were attached at any of the tournaments I'd been to, that's probably why it was a bit more confusing for me. That makes a lot of sense now.

That's all I would think, but I got a question on this and it just didn't make a lot of sense to me, it had to do with what a judge should check if they see that a person's part has broken, so after they know that a person's part is broken, and what they should check.
(May. 08, 2015  12:16 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 07, 2015  11:55 PM)Alta Wrote: Alright, so I have a small confusion about something because I've never experienced it upfront, what is the purpose of a blader faking attaching their Beyblade to their launcher during a Stalling Clause? I don't exactly understand how they would fake it and what it would do for them.

Maybe it's not the same case for LA Tournaments but over in NC the judge will ask both players if they are attached. Both Beybladers will reveal their attached Beyblades before the battle begins. According the the WBO rulebook you can't switch which Beyblade you're using once you've attached it, so someone who lies about being attached will be able to see what their opponent is using and pick out a good matchup without technically breaking the rules. There was a discussion about it and the Stalling Clause got reduced to 3 minutes.

I think things like that tend to vary by region, honestly.

I know in CT in general and when I host, myself, players don't really have an issue with stalling or not wanting to show what they use. It definitely happened from time to time (last year's Qualifier the stalling clause was used alot in the finals... I'm sure @[Naijalak] remembers that, haha), but generally doesn't happen.
(May. 08, 2015  1:04 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I think things like that tend to vary by region, honestly.

I know in CT in general and when I host, myself, players don't really have an issue with stalling or not wanting to show what they use. It definitely happened from time to time (last year's Qualifier the stalling clause was used alot in the finals... I'm sure @[Naijalak] remembers that, haha), but generally doesn't happen.

What happens if a blader is caught using deception tactics?
(May. 08, 2015  1:24 AM)Alta Wrote:
(May. 08, 2015  1:04 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I think things like that tend to vary by region, honestly.

What happens if a blader is caught using deception tactics?

What do you mean by that, haha?
(May. 08, 2015  1:36 AM)Leone19 Wrote: What do you mean by that, haha?

For instance, if someone is caught trying to fake attaching their blade, is there a particular penalty? do they just get disqualified? is the other blader afforded an automatic win?
how much would a new apollon g cost?
Umm in an official tournament if u use a string launcher but the handle broke off and u replace it with something is it still legal to use?
(May. 08, 2015  5:39 AM)Alta Wrote:
(May. 08, 2015  1:36 AM)Leone19 Wrote: What do you mean by that, haha?

For instance, if someone is caught trying to fake attaching their blade, is there a particular penalty? do they just get disqualified? is the other blader afforded an automatic win?

These questions would have been better asked in this thread, but to answer your question: the judge for that BeyBattle has discretionary power to decide if the offending Blader simply gets a warning, a round loss, or a full BeyBattle loss. It depends on the situation; for example, if the offending Blader has repeatedly tried fake attaching throughout the tournament, has a record of trying to do so in the past, or if the judge is sure that the offending Blader saw their opponents attached Beyblade, it is fair to give a full BeyBattle loss.
Hay guys this might apply to senior players more but hows the interest in the original gen is it still strong

Also does the wbo do any team challenges and how do they work. Always been a fantasy of mine to make my own blade breakers
(May. 09, 2015  6:14 AM)elliotnufc Wrote: Hay guys this might apply to senior players more but hows the interest in the original gen is it still strong
There is a still a strong love for the plastics and HMS generation. We actually have a "holiday" eevery year called Plastic & HMS Remembrance Day

Quote:Also does the wbo do any team challenges and how do they work. Always been a fantasy of mine to make my own blade breakers

And the WBO does do a team format. For more information on it check out This
How much damage on parts is acceptable until a part is illegal for tourney play (chipped clear/crystal wheels, tracks, tips, etc.)? I have an A230 with stress marks/chipping from battle.
(May. 09, 2015  3:39 PM)50uNdW4v3 Wrote: How much damage on parts is acceptable until a part is illegal for tourney play (chipped clear/crystal wheels, tracks, tips, etc.)? I have an A230 with stress marks/chipping from battle.

Generally if the damage affects performance its considered illegal. IF A230 is chipped/damaged I would think it would be illegal. But we would need to see pictures to make sure.
(May. 09, 2015  10:36 PM)smash attaker Wrote: how do find a old threader or post

If you know the title or subject, you can of course use the Search function : http://worldbeyblade.org/search.php
Asking a question referring to phantom orion BGrin (takara 4D). My orion loses to literally everyone (who is decent ex: burn fireballs and earth eagle) and I don't understand why. Everyone I met orion beats both beys and I've searched youtube battles and same result. I don't understand at all. This is quite a weird and awkward question and possibly impossible to answer but any help is good. I have already checked to make sure it's not fake lol.
(May. 11, 2015  9:54 PM)ZeroBlader Wrote: Asking a question referring to phantom orion BGrin (takara 4D). My orion loses to literally everyone (who is decent ex: burn fireballs and earth eagle) and I don't understand why. Everyone I met orion beats both beys and I've searched youtube battles and same result. I don't understand at all. This is quite a weird and awkward question and possibly impossible to answer but any help is good. I have already checked to make sure it's not fake lol.

It could be a defective mode or that you used Attack Mode which is not as good for stamina, mind sending us some pictures?
In the plastic generation wer engine gear competitive or wer the beys from previous gens like beyblade 2000 or v force better competitivly
(May. 12, 2015  12:36 AM)elliotnufc Wrote: In the plastic generation wer engine gear competitive or wer the beys from previous gens like beyblade 2000 or v force better competitivly

The only really good Engine Gear Beyblade was Wolborg 4, because its Base and CEW are one of the most effective (and cheapest) counters to Zombies (Spin Stealers), which were generally seen as the most powerful type of custom in that era. Aside from a few other parts (Rock Bison and apparently Draciel G) you could get to improve Wolborg 4, and a few solid ARs, the rest of the Engine Gear series is pretty bad competitively compared to the 2000 and V-Force Plastics.

Just for future reference, all questions regarding the Plastic generation Beyblades should be asked here.
(May. 11, 2015  10:56 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 11, 2015  9:54 PM)ZeroBlader Wrote: Asking a question referring to phantom orion BGrin (takara 4D). My orion loses to literally everyone (who is decent ex: burn fireballs and earth eagle) and I don't understand why. Everyone I met orion beats both beys and I've searched youtube battles and same result. I don't understand at all. This is quite a weird and awkward question and possibly impossible to answer but any help is good. I have already checked to make sure it's not fake lol.

It could be a defective mode or that you used Attack Mode which is not as good for stamina, mind sending us some pictures?

I'm not able to send pics because my phone is currently broke still waiting on a new one but it looks exactly like every other one I'll try to get a pic though. I also tried both modes.
(May. 12, 2015  2:34 AM)ZeroBlader Wrote:
(May. 11, 2015  10:56 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 11, 2015  9:54 PM)ZeroBlader Wrote: Asking a question referring to phantom orion B:D (takara 4D). My orion loses to literally everyone (who is decent ex: burn fireballs and earth eagle) and I don't understand why. Everyone I met orion beats both beys and I've searched youtube battles and same result. I don't understand at all. This is quite a weird and awkward question and possibly impossible to answer but any help is good. I have already checked to make sure it's not fake lol.

I'm not able to send pics because my phone is currently broke still waiting on a new one but it looks exactly like every other one I'll try to get a pic though. I also tried both modes.

It may be that your B:D is just a bad mold. Does it make any strange noises while spinning (rattling, unusually loud hissing, squeaking)? Those may indicate that there is an unusual amount of friction in the part, which will really ruin its performance.

A solo spin test may also show whether your B:D is a good or bad mold - stock solo times for Phantom should be somewhere near the 5-minute mark with a Beylauncher if it's a fairly good mold - I owned one that spun for 7m:30s at one point, which is at the very high end of the spectrum. At the other end would be about 3-4mins, which is really bad and is worse than 145WD.