Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Mar. 13, 2014  12:44 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: What is the real utility of BB36 ? What is the best use for metal faces ? BB36 is a good buying choice ?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Metal_Face
(Mar. 13, 2014  2:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2014  12:44 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: What is the real utility of BB36 ? What is the best use for metal faces ? BB36 is a good buying choice ?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Metal_Face

So, it's not a ''must have'' unless for defense or controlled attack type beys...
Most top-tier Defense and Attack types use it, as well as probably some Balance types, but you are correct, Stamina types do not need a Metal Face.
Hi just a quick question. What should I buy next I have about 8 bayblades and 2 stadiums is there specific bayblades i should be getting or get a string launcher? Also where should i buy this stuff.
First, this belongs in purchase consultation, so please post there. Second, you should list your beyblades.
We'd need to know what Beyblades you have first. Defenite must-haves are Dark Knight Dragooon, DX sets, Bandit Genbull/Genbu, etc.

Look at the tier list, before asking questions on which Beyblades to buy, it is has proven to be the best source for Competitive Combinations through extensive testing.

Yes, string launchers are very useful compared to other launchers, mainly the L/R string launcher from the Ultimate DX set.

Ebay, Amazon, or the WBO's DimSum2u.

Finally, use Purchase Consultation for which Beyblades to buy.
I've modified a second mold Q to have the same shape as first mold. It is absolutely identical to it. It is legal if it have exactly the same design ? (can't find a first mold anywhere XD)
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:28 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: I've modified a second mold Q to have the same shape as first mold. It is absolutely identical to it. It is legal if it have exactly the same design ? (can't find a first mold anywhere XD)

Of course it is illegal : your cutting methods are not those of TAKARA-TOMY's factory, and you do not even have the first mould in your possession to verify that it is exactly the same thing.
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:28 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: I've modified a second mold Q to have the same shape as first mold. It is absolutely identical to it. It is legal if it have exactly the same design ? (can't find a first mold anywhere XD)

Of course it is illegal : your cutting methods are not those of TAKARA-TOMY's factory, and you do not even have the first mould in your possession to verify that it is exactly the same thing.

Don't have first mold, but i have pictures from all angles and videos... I used sand paper to change a little bit angle of cutted side. I verify and it's exactly the same... it's not legal anyway, i know... (i have also pictures from Takara-Tomy version of Storm Capricorn, with first mold)
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:39 PM)AcidXblader Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Don't have first mold, but i have pictures from all angles and videos... I used sand paper to change a little bit angle of cutted side. I verify and it's exactly the same... it's not legal anyway, i know... (i have also pictures from Takara-Tomy version of Storm Capricorn, with first mold)

The point being- even if it were the exact same, it's not from any of the 3 companies, so it wouldn't be legal.
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:47 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:39 PM)AcidXblader Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2014  9:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Of course it is illegal : your cutting methods are not those of TAKARA-TOMY's factory, and you do not even have the first mould in your possession to verify that it is exactly the same thing.

The point being- even if it were the exact same, it's not from any of the 3 companies, so it wouldn't be legal.

Sure... Do you possess that mold of Q XD ? I will help me a lot if someone sell it to me.. I know Driger GT got one, but he speak italian...
This may be a silly question, but if you had a sticker on a facebolt that is very slightly surpassing the edges of the bolt in order to make it look round, similar to a bit chip, would that be illegal in a tournament? Even if the sticker is rather thin and doesn't interfere with the workings of the blade nor add weight? I'm real determined to make customs that look more like plastic gen beys without being illegal in tournaments and I've always wanted to have a round bolt.
(Mar. 16, 2014  2:01 PM)Eco Wrote: This may be a silly question, but if you had a sticker on a facebolt that is very slightly surpassing the edges of the bolt in order to make it look round, similar to a bit chip, would that be illegal in a tournament? Even if the sticker is rather thin and doesn't interfere with the workings of the blade nor add weight? I'm real determined to make customs that look more like plastic gen beys without being illegal in tournaments and I've always wanted to have a round bolt.

Do you have a photograph ? It might be fine, because the sticker will get folded onto the sides of the hexagonal or octogonal Face eventually anyway.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NDY=/z...~60_57.JPG could someone tell me, why the beyblade boxes say super at the bottom part? does this mean there fake or something? just wondering.
(Mar. 16, 2014  8:01 PM)metal fight Wrote: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NDY=/z...~60_57.JPG could someone tell me, why the beyblade boxes say super at the bottom part? does this mean there fake or something? just wondering.

That is definitely where Takara's logo should be, so I would not buy those at all if I were you.
(Mar. 16, 2014  8:01 PM)metal fight Wrote: could someone tell me, why the beyblade boxes say super at the bottom part? does this mean there fake or something? just wondering.
I don't have too much knowledge on Plastics, but they look fake to me.
(Mar. 16, 2014  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2014  2:01 PM)Eco Wrote: This may be a silly question, but if you had a sticker on a facebolt that is very slightly surpassing the edges of the bolt in order to make it look round, similar to a bit chip, would that be illegal in a tournament? Even if the sticker is rather thin and doesn't interfere with the workings of the blade nor add weight? I'm real determined to make customs that look more like plastic gen beys without being illegal in tournaments and I've always wanted to have a round bolt.

Do you have a photograph ? It might be fine, because the sticker will get folded onto the sides of the hexagonal or octogonal Face eventually anyway.

Not yet, if it works out I'll post photos of it. The intention was to make the sticker out of a more durable kind of paper or maybe do something to the paper to make it more plastic-like without adding any weight, like maybe clear coating it or putting nail polish on it.
I'd honestly expect that to just fly off in battle, but yeah, post photos when you're done.

(Mar. 16, 2014  8:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2014  8:01 PM)metal fight Wrote: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NDY=/z...~60_57.JPG could someone tell me, why the beyblade boxes say super at the bottom part? does this mean there fake or something? just wondering.

That is definitely where Takara's logo should be, so I would not buy those at all if I were you.

Just to confirm - those are fake.
Are the Destroyer Dome Tracks Hasbro released legal for tournament play?

Are Hasbro "XTS" tops legal?

I just thought of this now, haha. If those Destroyer Dome things are legal, man... Imagine what you could do with those (not that it would necessarily be a good thing, but if they are legal they need to be tested immediately for Defense/Stamina, as they'd probably outclass every competitive setup we have in both categories)!

That'd actually be kinda scary.
(Mar. 18, 2014  4:22 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Are the Destroyer Dome Tracks Hasbro released legal for tournament play?

Are Hasbro "XTS" tops legal?

I just thought of this now, haha. If those Destroyer Dome things are legal, man... Imagine what you could do with those (not that it would necessarily be a good thing, but if they are legal they need to be tested immediately for Defense/Stamina, as they'd probably outclass every competitive setup we have in both categories)!

That'd actually be kinda scary.

No, those tracks aren't intended for use in regular stadiums, and XTS tops are a side-line, like electronic tops.
That's a relief. Gosh, those parts could... *SHUDDER *
Yeah, though honestly I'd really like to see them tested anyway just because.
Do metal face bolts increase the stability and balance of a bey? If not then what do metal face bolts do?
(Mar. 20, 2014  12:00 AM)DragonMaster258 Wrote: Do metal face bolts increase the stability and balance of a bey? If not then what do metal face bolts do?

If I remember correctly, they actually worsen the Stamina of Beyblades, which is why they are not recommended on Stamina types.

Metal Faces reduce recoil and add weight, which is useful for Attack, Defense, and even some Balance types.
(Mar. 20, 2014  12:01 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2014  12:00 AM)DragonMaster258 Wrote: Do metal face bolts increase the stability and balance of a bey? If not then what do metal face bolts do?

If I remember correctly, they actually worsen the Stamina of Beyblades, which is why they are not recommended on Stamina types.

Metal Faces reduce recoil and add weight, which is useful for Attack, Defense, and even some Balance types.

So would adding a metal face bolt on a beys like the l drago's or the Pegasus' would make then stronger?