Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Jan. 09, 2014  7:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, what the hell, apparently no :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...r_Versions

So there's two versions. Is one really spelled "Blizard"?
So currently I'm thinking of getting back into Beyblade. Not sure yet, but I have 2 questions.

1.) Will it be difficult to get back into it and catch up to speed?

2.) Where is the best place to start (Beyblades, Launchers, etc.)?

I have watched a bit of Zero-G so that may help.
No not at all, escpeciall sense nothing new really has happened, except with the release of Shogun Steel which is similair to Zero-G.

I'd start with Zero-G/Shogun Steel because they are very OP if you synchrome them. The outclass a lot of the MFB Beyblades.

Or you may want to get into the new Limited Format, that bans synchromes and 4D wheels and other parts. Which can make use of your older Beyblades.

L/R string launchers, Beylauncher, grip rubber, and launcher rubber. Smile
Alright Thanks Smile Also, Has Basalt been outclassed yet? And are all the 4D wheels banned now?

And does the Zero-G stadium suck or no?
Basalt was long outclassed.

All 4D wheels are banned in the new Limited format, but in standard format they are just fine.
Thanks, and I've heard the Zero-G stadium really sucks, is this true? And do they use it for tournaments?
No, the Zero-G stadium is great! Yes, TT's Zero-G stadiums are used in the Zero-G format.
Oh, wow, then thanks, I may buy one then, if I feel the money is worth it to get back in. I previously had guests over who loved beyblade and got me a little interested. Also, are the hasbro beyblades the same, or is it better to get the TT ones?
Their Zero-G's are essentially the same, if that's what you're asking.
Well, I remember some of the hasbro ones were usually worse in quality, less in weight, or offered less, is it still the same case?
I don't believe that's the case with Zero-G, though the stone faces are different.
Stone Faces? Is that just the wierd pattern at the edges of the facebolt or are those the new MF facebolts?
Oh, hey BeyCenter! It's been quite some time but I remember you, it's nice to see you back. If you still have your old stuff, you should check out the new Limited Format, as you might already have the parts to play it haha Smile

Those are just the differently shaped ones for Zero G - Hasbros are shaped like Crosses whereas Takara's are Octagonal. In terms of brand differences, Hasbro's Dragooon seems to be the lighter of the two TT molds (though for all we know they might use both like TT, unlikely but hard to say as I've only seen one Ronin Dragoon underside so far), but aside from that they're the same. Oh, their F230 is the worst one in terms of spin time, but Takara Orange F230's (the best ones) are out of most people's reach anyhow, and we haven't seen anything of Hasbro's orange one yet IIRC. So yeah, you're fine to buy Hasbro as long as you've got a string launcher lying around seeing as they haven't released a decent launcher in a couple of years.

And yeah, some people dismissed the swaying gimmick of the Zero G stadia as pointless gimmickry, but as far as I know none of them actually played a competitive Zero G tournament - they're very much a competitive stadium and the gimmick is by no means random chance. I don't have one but everyone who does has said they're a lot of fun, so if you can get one I'd say go for it!
Just wanted to make sure of something, is it tournament legal to wrap anything around a launcher grip handle that isn't a normal covering, such as sports tape?
No, it is not tournament legal.
Yeah, it is legal because Yuko used duct tape on his grips at tournaments.
(Jan. 10, 2014  10:23 AM)Tri Wrote: No, it is not tournament legal.

Are you sure? I don't remember seeing anything about that in the rules, and it doesn't effect the performance any more than a rubber grip attachment does, it's primarily aesthetic. I'd really appreciate if anyone could direct me to a reference that says whether or not it's officially tournament legal just to wrap the handle.
It's not legal, trust me, I've asked before.
Modifying the launcher grip = not legal?

What in the blazes.

According to the rulebook, it's only illegal to modify the grip if it is not explicitly approved in the Legal Modifications section, which, unless the intention was to have it as such, is completely blank on grips, essentially making it illegal, OR if it affects it in any way.

I think putting sports tape or duct tape should be legal. You're just adding grip, and/or stability. Moreover, it doesn't affect the weight as much as a battery, which is legal to add, would.

Admin clarification? I think that there should be a mention in the rules regarding it.

#2998 final
(Jan. 10, 2014  12:05 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Modifying the launcher grip = not legal?

What in the blazes.

According to the rulebook, it's only illegal to modify the grip if it is not explicitly approved in the Legal Modifications section, which, unless the intention was to have it as such, is completely blank on grips, essentially making it illegal, OR if it affects it in any way.

I think putting sports tape or duct tape should be legal. You're just adding grip, and/or stability. Moreover, it doesn't affect the weight as much as a battery, which is legal to add, would.

Admin clarification? I think that there should be a mention in the rules regarding it.

#2998 final

That's what I'm thinking. I didn't see it anywhere in the rules, it just says you can't use plastic gen grips for current launchers. I would think that the rubber grip covers would effect a grip more than sports tape, especially in weight, so I don't see why covering the handle in any sort of tape would be illegal. I'd like some clarification from an admin as well.
Custom Grips used to be legal a while back, then TT changed their rules to not allow it or something so we mirrored that, and adding tape or whatever falls under that ruling.

As usual I think that it's a really dumb rule for what is only a small gain in how professional we might look to manufacturers, but that's my stance on a lot of things like this (though generally I'm more interested in modifications that will preserve/extend the life of items of great importance to competitive play, though tape on launcher handles particularly just past the base where it smashes into the launcher on retraction should help extend the life of the handles, which are the only major breakage point for beylaunchers that isn't likely just a generic toy part - more on that in the advanced forum soon, though Wink).
(Jan. 10, 2014  12:27 PM)th!nk Wrote: Custom Grips used to be legal a while back, then TT changed their rules to not allow it or something so we mirrored that, and adding tape or whatever falls under that ruling.

As usual I think that it's a really dumb rule for what is only a small gain in how professional we might look to manufacturers, but that's my stance on a lot of things like this (though generally I'm more interested in modifications that will preserve/extend the life of items of great importance to competitive play, though tape on launcher handles particularly just past the base where it smashes into the launcher on retraction should help extend the life of the handles, which are the only major breakage point for beylaunchers that isn't likely just a generic toy part - more on that in the advanced forum soon, though Wink).

So do you think specific things like this will ever become legalized? Just asking because it feels like in favor of professionalism the WBO has a pretty tight squeeze on the creativity you can work with when customizing, even on grips where the aesthetic customization doesn't effect much.
It would also be nice if some things were made legal because in the instance of using a small bubble level over Hasbro's compass attachment to center your launch there is a pretty big margin of accuracy, from what I've seen the official compass isn't very good.
I could see smaller things like tape becoming legal perhaps because they're pretty much insignificant (though that's really just a guess), but I doubt custom accessories would, as things like that bubble level could confer the user an advantage over someone who doesn't have the practical skills to make one themselves.
Does it have a best performance tip than quake for the m145 combo ? Does the high cutted quake : [Image: StormCapricorne_Q.jpg] is best than the other version i've got : [Image: Q.jpg] ?
In wich bey can i procurate the first ?
(Jan. 10, 2014  3:29 PM)EugeneBeyGeek Wrote: Does it have a best performance tip than quake for the m145 combo ? Does the high cutted quake : [Image: StormCapricorne_Q.jpg] is best than the other version i've got : [Image: Q.jpg] ?
In wich bey can i procurate the first ?

Beywiki's Storm Capricorne M145Q article will give you all the answers :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...orne_M145Q

Technically you can use RF with M145, but it is generally a Track you should avoid since nobody wants a destabilised combination with poor Stamina.