Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Well, there isn't "much" of a difference there, but Absorb would be a better spin-steal wheel from what Wombat said.
(Apr. 09, 2013  11:02 PM)Wombat Wrote: Actually the Absorb version has more/softer rubber then the normal Energy Ring. It was designed to "absorb" spin better, hence the name.

False.

They are the same. How do I know?

Ah, so there wasn't any difference after all...

Thanks for that clarification, Cannon.
I think (and always though) they call it "absorb" to distinguish it from the other version only
would flash work better in tourneys mint. does using it effect its performance. same questions about hades and dragoon.
Well, not in all tourneys, and yes, a new flash wheel will work way better than a used one, because the used one has a lot of dents, and its not as effective.

Hades isnt really good for tournaments, well if you're trying to win, and which dragoon? The Zero G chrome wheel Dragooon?
(Apr. 10, 2013  8:34 PM)bj3rdd Wrote: Well, not in all tourneys, and yes, a new flash wheel will work way better than a used one, because the used one has a lot of dents, and its not as effective.

Hades isnt really good for tournaments, well if you're trying to win, and which dragoon? The Zero G chrome wheel Dragooon?

yes the zero g one and thank you very much for the flash and hades info I was just wondering if I should use them now or save them for tourney.
(Apr. 10, 2013  4:48 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2013  11:02 PM)Wombat Wrote: Actually the Absorb version has more/softer rubber then the normal Energy Ring. It was designed to "absorb" spin better, hence the name.

False.

They are the same. How do I know?

I can't say I have the Absorb version, so I have no way to prove or disprove that, I was basing my response on the common belief of the users. I'm actually surprised no one has made a thread to compare them...
Is Flash still the best fusion in the world for attack if it is made by Hasbro? (not including the japanese version of it ) - if not, would it be best for attack if you only look at hasbro fusions?

Which is better for attack, s130 or d125, and which of these is better for attack, lf or xf

what tracks outclass s130 in attack if any?
Hasbro's Flash was only released in Hyperblade as far as I can remember, so it is just as good as the original Flash from TAKARA-TOMY and it is indeed the best 4D Metal Wheel for Attack. Some Zero-G combinations might be close to it though.

It is not really a matter of other Tracks 'outclassing' S130. It works in certain scenarios with certain parts, like with Flash and VariAres particularly, but sometimes other Attack parts work with more harmony with Tracks like BD145, for instance. It really depends what else you have in your customization.
what tip that is not mb works very well for defence with 230. ( it must be obtainable from Hasbro beys)

(Apr. 12, 2013  12:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hasbro's Flash was only released in Hyperblade as far as I can remember, so it is just as good as the original Flash from TAKARA-TOMY and it is indeed the best 4D Metal Wheel for Attack. Some Zero-G combinations might be close to it though.

It is not really a matter of other Tracks 'outclassing' S130. It works in certain scenarios with certain parts, like with Flash and VariAres particularly, but sometimes other Attack parts work with more harmony with Tracks like BD145, for instance. It really depends what else you have in your customization.

idk if i'm aloud to ask you this, but what track is better for a flash orion with lf performance in other words?
Hm, CS could work too for Defense, I suppose. It cannot simply replace MB though.

With Flash, usually S130 is preferred. LF is a poor Bottom however.
A Semi-Aggro or Fully-Calm CS will actually work better, for pure defensive purposes, than MB. MB is more of a Stamina/Slightly-Defensive-Hybrid tip on 230.

A Fully-Aggressive CS is a really poor proposition on 230, though, and you're better off with RSF(though just barely) and RDF.
Alright, so after researching and looking around the web i'm back with a few more questions.

Are TT beys just plain better? If so, why? Are they made from heavier materials? A lot of videos of hasbro vs TT show TT dominating hasbro beys.

Related to my first question: Are hasbro beys worth buying? I'm not a collector, I like to compete in any game i play, so i'd just like to know if the differences are aesthetic or if there are measured differences between hasbro and TT and if one is always worth buying over the other.

Is there any word as to whether or not Zero-G stadium/beys are coming to america?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what is the difference between a regular beyblade and a hyperblade?

Finally, been watching a lot of BeybladeGeeks and I notice a lot of acronym type sub-names for beys, for instance with the top Samurai Pegasis W105R2F, what does W105R2F stand for? Is it the model number? Is it signifying only a color change in the top or do the letters and numbers mean something else?

I know that's a lot more than "A" question, but I appreciated everyone's help as we're dropping a lot of money around our local retailers who carry beyblade and really want to know as much as we can about the game. The wiki is good but i haven't been able to find a lot of basic information on there, like what the model number-like things are after the bey name. Thanks everyone.
(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Are TT beys just plain better? If so, why? Are they made from heavier materials? A lot of videos of hasbro vs TT show TT dominating hasbro beys.

Generally they are the same. There are just two important things to consider :

- Hasbro released some weaker versions of the 4D Beyblades in Metal Fury. The Metal Wheels are hollowed and weigh a lot less. However, Hasbro has started releasing the proper 4D Metal Wheels in the "Hyperblade" series and we can expect them to release all of them before Shogun Steel starts.

- There are obviously some Beyblades that Hasbro has not released yet, like all the Zero-G ones, and those can be superior to previous Beyblades.

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Related to my first question: Are hasbro beys worth buying? I'm not a collector, I like to compete in any game i play, so i'd just like to know if the differences are aesthetic or if there are measured differences between hasbro and TT and if one is always worth buying over the other.

Especially if you do not care about collecting 'valuable' Beyblades, of course Hasbro Beyblades are worth purchasing. The best competitive parts are available by Hasbro just like they are available by TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong. Most of the time, if there is a difference, it is really just a matter of colours or 'aesthetic' as you wrote. Also just generally make sure not to waste your time on Metal Fury Beyblades : go for the Hyperblade series.

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Is there any word as to whether or not Zero-G stadium/beys are coming to america?

Yes absolutely, it is even indicated in the title of our General Hasbro Topic. You can search "Shogun Steel" in it to find many pictures and videos that were posted. Overall, Hasbro is basically going to release the parts just like they are supposed to be it seems, with a few extra cool recolours.

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Finally, been watching a lot of BeybladeGeeks and I notice a lot of acronym type sub-names for beys, for instance with the top Samurai Pegasis W105R2F, what does W105R2F stand for? Is it the model number? Is it signifying only a color change in the top or do the letters and numbers mean something else?

This is something that you can learn on Beywiki very easily. The letters and numbers at the end refer to the Track and Bottom of a Beyblade : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...t_Beyblade

For a list of all the Tracks and Bottoms that exist, here you go : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: I know that's a lot more than "A" question, but I appreciated everyone's help as we're dropping a lot of money around our local retailers who carry beyblade and really want to know as much as we can about the game. The wiki is good but i haven't been able to find a lot of basic information on there, like what the model number-like things are after the bey name. Thanks everyone.

Beywiki is generally easy to navigate, but if you do not find something, I just want you to know that you can always contact me in private message or email.
(Apr. 12, 2013  5:11 PM)BeySteele Wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, and what is the difference between a regular beyblade and a hyperblade?

The difference is that, Hyperblades are generally just better. Regular Beys are hollow and weigh very little, and so they can be knocked out of a stadium very easily, but with the Hyperblades, because of it's weight, it will have a fair chance of not being knocked out of the stadium. Hyperblades are just the Hasbro version of TAKARA-TOMY's 4D Beys.

EDIT: Exactly what Kai-V said, I didn't notice the first question so I just answered the EDIT'd one. :p
That was answered by Kai-V when she answered his first one.
Kai-V first of all, thanks so much man. I really appreciate the help. I just was curious if you could clarify a few points.

Quote:- Hasbro released some weaker versions of the 4D Beyblades in Metal Fury. The Metal Wheels are hollowed and weigh a lot less. However, Hasbro has started releasing the proper 4D Metal Wheels in the "Hyperblade" series and we can expect them to release all of them before Shogun Steel starts.

Is there a list I can reference as to which Beys were "hollowed out" or should I assume all non-hyerblades from metalfury are hollowed out. In addition, although the Metal Wheels are hollowed, are there still worthwhile performance tips and tracks you can only find in Metal Fury?

Quote:This is something that you can learn on Beywiki very easily. The letters and numbers at the end refer to the Track and Bottom of a Beyblade : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...t_Beyblade

For a list of all the Tracks and Bottoms that exist, here you go : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List

I think i've got it now. So in my example of Samurai Pegasis W105R2F, this means that it's track is 10.5mm high with a Wing design and a Right Rubber Flat performance tip. Is that correct? Is there a shorthand list for all abbreviations that doesn't require I open a thousand tabs haha? Like a R2=Right Rubber, W=Wing, sort of thing?

Thanks for your time, if i'm at all using this thread incorrectly, I apologize and kindly let me know. In future I will certainly pm you if I can't figure something out.

EDIT: LMAO thank you for your answer as well.
(Apr. 12, 2013  5:45 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Kai-V first of all, thanks so much man. I really appreciate the help. I just was curious if you could clarify a few points.

Quote:- Hasbro released some weaker versions of the 4D Beyblades in Metal Fury. The Metal Wheels are hollowed and weigh a lot less. However, Hasbro has started releasing the proper 4D Metal Wheels in the "Hyperblade" series and we can expect them to release all of them before Shogun Steel starts.

Is there a list I can reference as to which Beys were "hollowed out" or should I assume all non-hyerblades from metalfury are hollowed out. In addition, although the Metal Wheels are hollowed, are there still worthwhile performance tips and tracks you can only find in Metal Fury?

Quote:This is something that you can learn on Beywiki very easily. The letters and numbers at the end refer to the Track and Bottom of a Beyblade : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...t_Beyblade

I think i've got it now. So in my example of Samurai Pegasis W105R2F, this means that it's track is 10.5mm high with a Wing design and a Right Rubber Flat performance tip. Is that correct? Is there a shorthand list for all abbreviations that doesn't require I open a thousand tabs haha? Like a R2=Right Rubber, W=Wing, sort of thing?

Thanks for your time, if i'm at all using this thread incorrectly, I apologize and kindly let me know. In future I will certainly pm you if I can't figure something out.

EDIT: LMAO thank you for your answer as well.

Yes, I think it's safe to assume that all Beys prior to Hyperblades were "hollowed-out".

Wow, you learned about the Spin Tracks and Bottoms really quick, I'm very amazed!
(Apr. 12, 2013  5:45 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Is there a list I can reference as to which Beys were "hollowed out" or should I assume all non-hyerblades from metalfury are hollowed out. In addition, although the Metal Wheels are hollowed, are there still worthwhile performance tips and tracks you can only find in Metal Fury?

Yes, absolutely everything from the Metal Fury series that does not specifically have "Hyperblade" on the package is hollowed out.

No, nothing that was not already in Metal Masters anyway. I suppose that if you need an R²F for your Attack types, Cosmic Pegasus has it.

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:45 PM)BeySteele Wrote: I think i've got it now. So in my example of Samurai Pegasis W105R2F, this means that it's track is 10.5mm high with a Wing design and a Right Rubber Flat performance tip. Is that correct? Is there a shorthand list for all abbreviations that doesn't require I open a thousand tabs haha? Like a R2=Right Rubber, W=Wing, sort of thing?

Yes, you got it. In the Beyblade Parts List you have all this information about the abbreviations, they are all laid out in a clean and simple layout. Does that fulfill your needs ?

(Apr. 12, 2013  5:45 PM)BeySteele Wrote: Thanks for your time, if i'm at all using this thread incorrectly, I apologize and kindly let me know. In future I will certainly pm you if I can't figure something out.

You are using this topic absolutely correctly, do not worry. We love to answer people's questions here.
Quote:Yes, absolutely everything from the Metal Fury series that does not specifically have "Hyperblade" on the package is hollowed out.

No, nothing that was not already in Metal Masters anyway. I suppose that if you need an R²F for your Attack types, Cosmic Pegasus has it.

I see. Does the lack of quality also apply to beys such as L-Drago Destructor and Proto Nemesis from the hasbro metal fury line (beys with fusion wheels)? I bought those yesterday haha.

Quote:Yes, you got it. In the Beyblade Parts List you have all this information about the abbreviations, they are all laid out in a clean and simple layout. Does that fulfill your needs ?

Oh it most certainly fulfills my needs. I was just curious if there was a quick reference sheet for all abbreviations that was not Beyblade specific. Something like:

WB=Wide Ball
DF=Down Force
C=Claw
WD=Wide Defense
etc.

But the way the list is set up is fine by me. I just tend to memorize information small arts at a time you know?

Thanks again for the help. I'm excited to be a part of the community!
(Apr. 12, 2013  6:10 PM)BeySteele Wrote: I see. Does the lack of quality also apply to beys such as L-Drago Destructor and Proto Nemesis from the hasbro metal fury line (beys with fusion wheels)? I bought those yesterday haha.

Yes, hah. It is not really a matter of "lack of quality" though, the design choice to hollow the Metal Wheels was just stupid. The materials themselves are fine, they are not going to break more easily or anything like that.
I have a question I have a Takara Diablo Nemesis which has an odd feature. When I place it in ultimate balance mode turning the outer frame is not very smooth and sometimes when I remove the inner frame the outer frame stays on XD and you have to physically remove the outer frame. I would like to know if this Diablo would be considered legal in this mode and is this a common occurrence with other Diablo Nemesis beys?
(Apr. 12, 2013  9:04 PM)Kenshin Wrote: I have a question I have a Takara Diablo Nemesis which has an odd feature. When I place it in ultimate balance mode turning the outer frame is not very smooth and sometimes when I remove the inner frame the outer frame stays on XD and you have to physically remove the outer frame. I would like to know if this Diablo would be considered legal in this mode and is this a common occurrence with other Diablo Nemesis beys?

I think that this happens quite commonly. It happened with my Hasbro Diablo Nemesis as well, and it's not moving very smoothly like before. Not sure if it's legal or illegal tho...