Ask a question, get an answer! #2

is it a legal to use l-drago III on meteo in a tournament
(Aug. 22, 2012  6:42 PM)libraten Wrote: is it a legal to use l-drago III on meteo in a tournament

The only part called LDrago III is not only ONLY called that by Hasbro, but is the same type of part as Meteo, so obviously they can't go together.

If you mean the LDrago Destroy/Destructor Metal Frame, no, 4D wheel parts cannot be used separately from their other parts, and in this case, that metal frame has a blockage that is very clearly made to prevent its use on Meteo.
I am lead to believe that CF and GCF outweigh MB.
(Aug. 22, 2012  7:54 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I am lead to believe that CF and GCF outweigh MB.

Yes CF and GCF are heavier MB
(Aug. 22, 2012  6:50 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2012  6:42 PM)libraten Wrote: is it a legal to use l-drago III on meteo in a tournament

The only part called LDrago III is not only ONLY called that by Hasbro, but is the same type of part as Meteo, so obviously they can't go together.

If you mean the LDrago Destroy/Destructor Metal Frame, no, 4D wheel parts cannot be used separately from their other parts, and in this case, that metal frame has a blockage that is very clearly made to prevent its use on Meteo.
Just wanted to know thanks
Are there any noticeable difference between TT and Hasbro Launcher Grip?
I was wondering what situations would dictate whether Customize Grip (Dragoon V2) base or Customize Bearing Base (Burning Kerberous) is used in a combo?

I understand both are able to be used in survival/zombie customs, but it appears Customize Grip base is used more commonly. Does it offer clear advantages over Customize Bearing Base? Is it an advantage in height? Aerodynamics? Something else?

Additionally, I noticed this post by Serotonin in the customization thread:
(Sep. 08, 2009  2:51 PM)Serotonin Wrote: Use Customize Bearing Base with Neo SG Right (Double Bearing Version), and Customize Grip Base with Right SG (Bearing 1/2 Version).

War Lion and Tiger Defenser are both good, and this is a good Survival type.

Are survival types typically right spin? I was under the impression that survival types tend to be left spin and "steal" the opposing beyblade's spin, but it seems i'm getting my zombie/survival/spin stealing terminology all mixed up. Confused Could some clarify please?
In future, please direct plastic questions to Plastics Q&A (linked in my sig), but I'm currently rewriting the Dragoon V2 article so while it's on my mind:
(Aug. 22, 2012  11:33 PM)Seafoam Wrote: I was wondering what situations would dictate whether Customize Grip (Dragoon V2) base or Customize Bearing Base (Burning Kerberous) is used in a combo?

I understand both are able to be used in survival/zombie customs, but it appears Customize Grip base is used more commonly. Does it offer clear advantages over Customize Bearing Base? Is it an advantage in height? Aerodynamics? Something else?
It's used more commonly because people make mistakes and those spread - the beywiki is currently full of glaring errors, particularly in the Dragoon V2, Wolborg 2 and Draciel F's articles, the Zombie article, and to a lesser extent Burning Kerberous', which makes zombie stuff in particular hard to learn, but there are a lot of errors all over the place. I'm currently fixing everything but it's a slow process.

The only stamina-type bearing tip that can be used properly with BK's base is its own, while Customize Grip Base can be used with basically of them, however, it's not as good - and Wolborg 2's base can use just as many things and has significantly better LAD than either base. CGB adds a tiny amount of defense but with a stamina tip it makes absolutely no difference, anything that'll KO Wolborg 2's defense grip base will KO CGB. Lastly, the best stamina-focussed zombie setup in terms of defense is BK's casings and then its shaft (as Wolborg 2's tip is the only other that works properly in there and is a defensive zombie tip, and they're quite different types of combos) - and the smoother shape of Customize Bearing Base than CGB (which also has some scraping issues in that setup) makes it a better choice, though again, Wolborg 2's base has significantly better LAD (probably second only to Spiral Change Base, which is extremely difficult to use and will lose most same-spin matchups), and the defense difference isn't a huge deal because they're stamina types.

Quote:Additionally, I noticed this post by Serotonin in the customization thread:
(Sep. 08, 2009  2:51 PM)Serotonin Wrote: Use Customize Bearing Base with Neo SG Right (Double Bearing Version), and Customize Grip Base with Right SG (Bearing 1/2 Version).

War Lion and Tiger Defenser are both good, and this is a good Survival type.

Are survival types typically right spin? I was under the impression that survival types tend to be left spin and "steal" the opposing beyblade's spin, but it seems i'm getting my zombie/survival/spin stealing terminology all mixed up. Confused Could some clarify please?

No, they're usually left spin, and aim to be the opposite spin of their opponent (though most of them work fine in same spin too). The only top-tier plastic stamina combos are zombies.

In MFB though, they're usually right spin because there isn't anything with a good weight distro and shape in left.
Much appreciated for the thorough answer, th!nk, very educational.
And I will remember the Plastic Q & A instruction.
(Aug. 22, 2012  9:39 PM)TriSix RSC Wrote: Are there any noticeable difference between TT and Hasbro Launcher Grip?

Nope, they're the same thing. The Grip Rubbers are different though.
As you and I both know though Rai, those launcher grips have a notorious issue with breaking at the part that clips in the launcher haha.
... don't remind me, haha. I don't want to go out and break my new 3Seg. Wink
Is Omega Dragonis a left or right spin Beyblade?please reply back
(Aug. 23, 2012  1:36 AM)Omegadranzer18 Wrote: Is Omega Dragonis a left or right spin Beyblade?please reply back

It is the only right-spin dragon Beyblade in Metal Fight Beyblade.
Dragonis is right spin, L-Drago is left.
Not sure where my question should go but.

Based on the ZeroG Episode 19 thread Kai-V mentioned that that gigantic dude's name is Awayama Yoshio but the name on bbg-20 box says Iwayama Yoshio. Help?
(Aug. 23, 2012  1:52 AM)BH145WD Wrote: Not sure where my question should go but.

Based on the ZeroG Episode 19 thread Kai-V mentioned that that gigantic dude's name is Awayama Yoshio but the name on bbg-20 box says Iwayama Yoshio. Help?

It belongs in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions topic, but post a picture of that corner of the box if you can.
(Aug. 23, 2012  1:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2012  1:52 AM)BH145WD Wrote: Not sure where my question should go but.

It belongs in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions topic, but post a picture of that corner of the box if you can.

Sorry about that.

Anyways I only had artificial light so scanning was my next best option Joyful_2

you know those beys they sell in ebay that are like 5$ each one like duo uranus?are those real or fake?i don't want to buy anything fake!here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Loose-Bey...162wt_1139
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:43 AM)sparkman321lir Wrote: you know those beys they sell in ebay that are like 5$ each one like duo uranus?are those real or fake?i don't want to buy anything fake!here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Loose-Bey...162wt_1139

Considering there is a large rapidity logo in the description, and it even says "not original/official" what do you think?

Did you even bother to read before asking?
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:44 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:43 AM)sparkman321lir Wrote: you know those beys they sell in ebay that are like 5$ each one like duo uranus?are those real or fake?i don't want to buy anything fake!here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Loose-Bey...162wt_1139

Considering there is a large rapidity logo in the description, and it even says "not original/official" what do you think?

is this also fake?...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Metal-F...3001wt_711

nevermine-___- that rapidity logo wasn't there when i first checked...
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:46 AM)sparkman321lir Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:44 AM)th!nk Wrote:

nevermine-___- that rapidity logo wasn't there when i first checked...

Yeah, Rapidity logos jump onto my beyblade boxes all the time...
(Aug. 23, 2012  2:18 AM)BH145WD Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2012  1:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Sorry about that.

Anyways I only had artificial light so scanning was my next best option Joyful_2

It's Iwayama according to Google Translate, but I don't trust them much. :p
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:57 AM)Ickle Wrote: It's Iwayama according to Google Translate, but I don't trust them much. :p

The same Google translation told me Awayama. In any case, you should check my latest post in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum ...
Quick question, and im not too sure if it goes here but, when should i be expecting the Great Ring of Destruction 2-Pack to be released? I'm kind of interested in Blitz Lynx.