Armaggedon Expo 2011

Well, as most Australia and NZ people know, Armaggeddon Expo is coming again! I posted the Ticket Prices, place and time for the Auckland one in my team thread, dunno about the other ones. I'm looking forwad for some cheap yugioh cards and Beyblades, they even have Beyblades that havnt been released in normal stores yet!
Does this mean no ones going?
You waited six hours, and never really explained what Armageddon Expo was (though I suppose it's some sort of catch all nerd convention). Reading the thread title, and I honestly assumed someone made a convention worshiping the word of Bruce Willis and Michael Bay.
We have something like that in Toronto. It's called Anime North, it's where you dress up as any character you want (as long as it's appropriate) and basically have fun!
(Sep. 24, 2011  1:14 PM)To Wrote: You waited six hours, and never really explained what Armageddon Expo was (though I suppose it's some sort of catch all nerd convention). Reading the thread title, and I honestly assumed someone made a convention worshiping the word of Bruce Willis and Michael Bay.

So ur saying Beyblade is for nerds?
(Sep. 25, 2011  3:49 PM)qwertxj3 Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2011  1:14 PM)To Wrote: You waited six hours, and never really explained what Armageddon Expo was (though I suppose it's some sort of catch all nerd convention). Reading the thread title, and I honestly assumed someone made a convention worshiping the word of Bruce Willis and Michael Bay.

Beyblade is for children, but even in that age group, it's technically categorized as a "nerd hobby".

Nerd is not a negative term unless you're being picked on in second grade.
(Sep. 25, 2011  3:49 PM)qwertxj3 Wrote:

I never meant "nerd" to be taken in a negative light if you're taking offense to that. I've been to anime conventions, and play (ed?) Beyblade well after I was a kid so I can't throw stones, lol.
ok ill explain what the armeggedon expo is egxactly. it's a show that portrays heaps of comic book and animae related stuff and also holds official tournaments for trading card games like yu-gi-oh, pokemon and magic the gathering. there is also cosplay competetions, bands, acts and other stuff. it is basicly a 'nerd' convention. ive only been to one and thats when i battled in my only yu-gi-oh tournament. i wish i could go again but it's quite expencive to get in in the first place.
eh.. Its only around $7...
really? it was much more expencive last time i went, around $20 per adult (children under 10 were free back then).
Yeah, its around 15 aduldt and under 12 free. I'm 11!
where is it?
if i go i problay dress up as docter stein aka my sig or deaththe kid this guy http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/2...aINDEX.jpg
Go type Armaggedon Expo 2011 on Google and click on your city.
Yeah we have something like this in Maryland, I think it's called comic con, I never go but the inner harbor gets flooded with pikachus and ashes, so many people dress but as those 2.
Hah, that would be funny
i went on to the website but i couldnt find when of if it coming to brisbane
Oh, mabye it is not coming to Brisbane. I'll check.