Apple/ OS X Thread

Yeah, there aren't really any PC games I'm interested in playing anymore, so a MacBook wouldn't be a detriment in the gaming department.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSmCcPqGtEY

A very small bit of a long conversation Michael and I had about Macs and PCs. We were in a car park, just about to go and get OS X Leopard (he was like a kid at Christmas) and this sparked up.

To get things straight: I really don't give a carp, LOL. I like using both Macs and PCs, but over enthusiastic Mac users can annoy me - they are not perfect machines. I would perhaps prefer to own one over a PC, but there are some promgrams you can't get for a Mac and many games, too.

Oh, and the reason I go "AAAH HA HA! WOO!" is because his voice goes really high and it scared me a little bit.
Quote:I would perhaps prefer to own one over a PC, but there are some promgrams you can't get for a Mac and many games, too.

It may amaze you to learn that there are Mac programs you can't get for PC, too.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:I would perhaps prefer to own one over a PC, but there are some promgrams you can't get for a Mac and many games, too.

It may amaze you to learn that there are Mac programs you can't get for PC, too.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious. <3

Honestly, I really don't give a carp either way, haha! Macs are incredibly stylish, they look wonderful and seem to operate very smoothly. It really doesn't bother me using a Windows PC though, I don't have any problems with it and generally speaking, it's easier to find programs and software for it.
Alice Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Obvious. <3

Honestly, I really don't give a carp either way, haha! Macs are incredibly stylish, they look wonderful and seem to operate very smoothly. It really doesn't bother me using a Windows PC though, I don't have any problems with it and generally speaking, it's easier to find programs and software for it.

What I'm confused about is that aside from games, what sort of crazy niche carp are you doing that you can't find a Mac equivalent?
Tamer Brad Wrote:What I'm confused about is that aside from games, what sort of crazy niche carp are you doing that you can't find a Mac equivalent?

... I never said I was. I said that generally speaking, it was easier to find software for Windows. Wink

Oh, and:

(19:07) Deuz Augustine: there's programs people need that only run on windows
(19:07) Deuz Augustine: though i foresee that changing

You said it yourself, LOL.
Yes, but I'm talking about professionals, not sexy Brits who just like to complain.
I don't even use a Mac! LOL.

It really doesn't bother me either way, I think both systems are great and have their own uses. Smile Michael does web design for a living and he also uses Logic Studio to compose music, so I suppose that's another reason for him to like using them.
Leopard arrived at our door today.

Installing. =)
what about linux! it's freeeeee. lol.

PC gaming isn't really my style either. I only play PC games every couple of months.
thing with linux is you really gotta know what your doing in order to be able to use it at all, let alone all the cool super features
Tamer Brad Wrote:Found this and thought it was hilarious:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/30/mini-...less-smug/

hahaha thats quite snide, cool tho

i dunno fanboism is the root of this battle. i'd be willing to get a mac, but for me really it is their price. until I ball out, I'll stick with pc
Anybody know how to get MAC OSX Leopard working on a PC? I thought it was a simple install but I read you have to do some stuff first - didn't find out what that was lol
Mystikal Wrote:Anybody know how to get MAC OSX Leopard working on a PC? I thought it was a simple install but I read you have to do some stuff first - didn't find out what that was lol

don't pirate an OS D:
Artie Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:Anybody know how to get MAC OSX Leopard working on a PC? I thought it was a simple install but I read you have to do some stuff first - didn't find out what that was lol

don't pirate an OS D:

I'll do what I like thanks. Does anyone know then? Unhappy
Don't have to have an attitude. Go on some site like Engadget, I doubt many of us know.
Mystikal Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

don't pirate an OS D:

you'll do what I say is okay on this board, and asking about this here is not okay Unhappy

Also, the MacBook refresh was pathetic.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

don't pirate an OS D:

you'll do what I say is okay on this board, and asking about this here is not okay Unhappy

What were you really expecting? lol

if he purchased a legit copy of it and tried to install it on a PC then it wouldnt be illegal. and i dont know much about Mac's but id imagine it would have something to do with the way your hard drive is partitioned. Windows uses a certain format when partitioning sectors and i doubt OSX would use the same kind of format. i know windows cds come with an application that can format/partition a drive to the correct system before installing windows though im not too sure about OSX
Fleetscut Wrote:

if he purchased a legit copy of it and tried to install it on a PC then it wouldnt be illegal. and i dont know much about Mac's but id imagine it would have something to do with the way your hard drive is partitioned. Windows uses a certain format when partitioning sectors and i doubt OSX would use the same kind of format. i know windows cds come with an application that can format/partition a drive to the correct system before installing windows though im not too sure about OSX

i'm pretty sure he's not buying leopard and installing it on his PC on the chance he can't get it to work

oh wait, that's whats going on
Fleetscut Wrote:if he purchased a legit copy of it and tried to install it on a PC then it wouldnt be illegal.

Yes, it is illegal.

Roan Wrote:What were you really expecting? lol

Death of the combo drive.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

don't pirate an OS D:

So because im part of this board I can't pirate? Don't think so. You knew fine well I wasn't talking about doing what I like on the board. That was just lame.
Mystikal Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

don't pirate an OS D:

So because im part of this board I can't pirate? Don't think so. You knew fine well I wasn't talking about doing what I like on the board. That was just lame.

Oh shut the carp up. He was simply stating that when you're on this board talking about piracy is not ok as piracy probably goes against his terms of service.

If a domain manager were to see this he could easily and legally terminate Brad's domain name and effectively this board as well as the Wiki.

Go somewhere else to talk about stuff like this -- IM, PM, another board, whatever. The point is, it's not acceptable here.
Roan Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Mystikal Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

don't pirate an OS D:

Oh shut the carp up. He was simply stating that when you're on this board talking about piracy is not ok as piracy probably goes against his terms of service.

If a domain manager were to see this he could easily and legally terminate Brad's domain name and effectively this board as well as the Wiki.

Go somewhere else to talk about stuff like this -- IM, PM, another board, whatever. The point is, it's not acceptable here.

Dude, I wasn't talking about piracy. I asked if anyone knew how to get Leopard working on a PC. From what I understand it is not piracy to do so, it is only a violation of the license agreement which means I get no help from them. Next time don't tell me to shut the carp up. I asked a decent question and a Mac fanboy was annoyed.