Anti-Recoil Special:MF Rock Bull H145WD

(Jul. 05, 2010  2:48 PM)Ozzy Wrote: And besides, Climax did not say the combo was useless or bad and suggested practically changing the entire combo. He is suggesting a bottom with more friction and removiong a metal face in hopes of making it better. Changing the track removes the point of this combo obviously.
I actually want to say this combo is pretty much useless.
However, I found it better to state why the combo is bad (eg.WD and H145 doesn't work well together, H145 causes great loss in Stamina when off balance, etc), without directly saying things like 'this Combo sucks'.

BTW, I never told BlackAce to remove the Metal Face. All I said was that the Metal Face alone was not enough.
Welll your point was to make H145 moreuseful right? if that was your point you have done a pretty good job i mean no one get a combo with h145 to be any good but you still made h145 more usable than it was before it definetely cannot beat any toptier blade but if your are battling someone who's having an avarage uncostemized blade this would be well OK so if you dont have enough parts to make a good customized blade this is an OK combo
(Jul. 05, 2010  9:25 AM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2010  7:27 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: So where does a H145 come from exactly, like which Bey? If I use the C145 from Flame Sagittario would it have a better performance because I'm basically getting Earth Aquario and Flame Sagittario when they come out.

Considering H145 is nowhere near a top tier part, considered pretty horrible in fact, and C145 is a top tier part, it probably would be better.

Thanks momiji manju I'll make the new combo my self once I get the parts
@ Climax: I see your point, but what do you suggest? I want to find uses for parts that are being overlooked,because I don't think all of the conventional customizing wisdom from plastic/HMS Beyblades applies directly to MFB.
I'm assuming your custom is more towards Defense. If that's the case, maybe you'll want to try a free spinning Track like ED145 if you don't want to use C145. ED145 is like a gamble imo, it can absorb hits, but then again, it can produce devastating recoil.

I'm currently alternating between Rock Leone ED145WB and Rock Leone CH120WB, so I can say ED145's performance seems to fluctuate between matches, from what I've observed.
(Jul. 05, 2010  11:42 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: I'm assuming your custom is more towards Defense. If that's the case, maybe you'll want to try a free spinning Track like ED145 if you don't want to use C145. ED145 is like a gamble imo, it can absorb hits, but then again, it can produce devastating recoil.

I'm currently alternating between Rock Leone ED145WB and Rock Leone CH120, so I can say ED145's performance seems to fluctuate between matches, from what I've observed.

it will be better if you try it with earth because rock is not such a good wheel
(Jul. 05, 2010  8:50 PM)BlackAce Wrote: I want to find uses for parts that are being overlooked
(Jul. 05, 2010  4:20 PM)silver knight Wrote: Welll your point was to make H145 moreuseful right? if that was your point you have done a pretty good job i mean no one get a combo with h145 to be any good but you still made h145 more usable than it was before it definetely cannot beat any toptier blade but if your are battling someone who's having an avarage uncostemized blade this would be well OK so if you dont have enough parts to make a good customized blade this is an OK combo

MF Saggitario H145RF : |
(Jul. 06, 2010  2:09 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Using quotes as an excuse for making a post.

No but seriously...
There's no need to outright say any combo sucks, he made this combo and he's just showing it to everyone else. Sometimes it's just to nice to screw the freaking tier list and you know... have fun with toys???

Now I know everything is open to criticism on the customization board but this whole... You should just use this part because it's top tier thing is kind of lamesauce... We have to experiment all the time to try and see if we can find anything out, if we have overlooked something. There is no such thing as beating a dead horse here. Also, there are a lot of people who can't easily obtain top tiers parts like Earth, Quetz, and Metal Faces... We have to remember not everyone is able to go on eBay so they can get more stuff for spinning tops...

Long story short... Let's try to keep our criticism's more on the line of criticism and remember that not everyone has acsess to all the parts... It just makes things run a lot more smoothly and stops people from coming across as brute carpholes.
MaxL, I believe Momiji was quoting that post to remind silver knight that BlackAce is trying to use parts that are being overlooked since silver knight suggested that the Earth Wheel should be used. :\
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:28 AM)Climax Wrote: MaxL, I believe Momiji was quoting that post to remind silver knight that BlackAce is trying to use parts that are being overlooked since silver knight suggested that the Earth Wheel should be used. :\

I know what he was trying to do. I just find that quoting reminds me a little to much of greentexting from another board I used to frequent. It also comes across as a "Read this you dumb carp. I'm to awesome to actually explain that you missed something out." instead of actually just saying...

(Jul. 07, 2010  5:28 AM)Helpful Forum Guy Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:28 AM)Poster Wrote:I like Beyblades

"If you would have read his post you would have seen he already likes Beyblades..."
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:41 AM)MaxL Wrote: I know what he was trying to do. I just find that quoting reminds me a little to much of greentexting from another board I used to frequent. It also comes across as a "Read this you dumb carp. I'm to awesome to actually explain that you missed something out." instead of actually just saying...
Hmm, I see what you mean...
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:46 AM)Climax Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:41 AM)MaxL Wrote: I know what he was trying to do. I just find that quoting reminds me a little to much of greentexting from another board I used to frequent. It also comes across as a "Read this you dumb carp. I'm to awesome to actually explain that you missed something out." instead of actually just saying...
Hmm, I see what you mean...

Like he's totally in his right to do that but I'm just complaining. Tongue_out I was talking about this whole top-tier thing with a friend today. It's a little ridiculous, like I said: the point of combos are to try new stuff to see if we've missed anything or even just to give people who can only use Hasbro stuff some decent combos, it's not all about TOP-TIER PARTS THAT WIN IN WBO TOURNAMENTS.
Well, if that's how you truly think, perhaps you should consider the fact the tests are done in a TT stadium, not a thunderwhip stadium: the one pertinent to those "who can only use Hasbro stuff".

I quote, because there are some people who don't bother to read the thread.

Or are you suggesting that BlackAce's statement did not encompass the point of using parts that may be undervalued, instead of switching to toptier parts?

Frankly, if you don't like a quote specifically cut to answer the question, the only real difference between that and me answering the question is a box, date and username.
♥ Wrote:you all suck, get back on topic
(Jul. 06, 2010  1:22 PM)silver knight Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2010  11:42 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: I'm assuming your custom is more towards Defense. If that's the case, maybe you'll want to try a free spinning Track like ED145 if you don't want to use C145. ED145 is like a gamble imo, it can absorb hits, but then again, it can produce devastating recoil.

I'm currently alternating between Rock Leone ED145WB and Rock Leone CH120, so I can say ED145's performance seems to fluctuate between matches, from what I've observed.

it will be better if you try it with earth because rock is not such a good wheel

Well like some people mentioned before, he wants to use parts that are overlooked. Rock is "passable", and ED145 won't drag the Bey down too fast. Just a suggestion though.
(Jul. 04, 2010  11:41 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I'm not intending to be mean here, but you've decided to create an anti-recoil beyblade with 2 of the most renowned parts for recoil (one that's even supposed to be for attack)?

I think your results speak volumes about the quality of this custom. Defensive customs should win by outspin, since winning by KO is too risky, as well as defeating the point of being defensive. I'm just guessing that this custom has a bucketload of recoil.

Also, testing against Earth Cancer CH120SD won't exactly give the most useful results either.

However, I do appreciate the fact that you have tried to find a new combination, albeit a not so useful custom.

Yeah j see what you mean but. I have to say using rock for attack is pretty fun! Like if you add rf to some with rock and it won't have that recoil that kills rock.
Rock will always have recoil no matter what. It's just the way it was designed. Adding a MF will reduce it, however. If you look at MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF, the MF is supposed to suppress the recoil of Lightning.
I don't want to make a new topic about this so I just brought this one up. Instead of WD, I use HF/S. I did this in PTW and it seamed to perform very well. It didn't have to much recoil on the Bey itself, but more recoil on the opponent, Storm Pegasus 100F (I used F because of PTW).
Recoil on the opponent? I think you mean smash...
What about MF Rock Bull C145WB?
Just a suggestion..
Are are we strictly using Horn and rock?
(Aug. 06, 2010  5:03 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: What about MF Rock Bull C145WB?
Just a suggestion..

MF Rock Bull C145WB is a decent defense combo
(Aug. 06, 2010  5:04 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2010  5:03 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: What about MF Rock Bull C145WB?
Just a suggestion..

MF Rock Bull C145WB is a decent defense combo

Would it make it better to swap Horn with Claw?
I dont really know what were going by on this.
(Aug. 06, 2010  5:19 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: Would it make it better to swap Horn with Claw?
I dont really know what were going by on this.

(Jul. 04, 2010  11:34 PM)BlackAce Wrote: Rock and H145 are infamous for having some of the worst recoil of the MFB lineup. I knew these parts were being overlooked because of it, and so I sought to rectify this.