Answering questions and SPAM. [No, we do not answer your questions here!]

Hello everyone.

Seeing all the posts we get filled with questions, and imagining what it will be like very soon when Beyblade Metal Fusion will be at its zenith and that hundreds of members will be asking the same interrogations over and over again, I think we should establish a proper way to deal with this influx.

Essentially, when you know that the answer to a question can easily be found on Beywiki, in the private message they got upon their arrival here, on Beyblade Channel, etc., redirect those users to the proper resources. It will become extremely annoying one day to continually give the same full answers multiple times, you will see. Some of you might consider us strict and angry sometimes, and while it is not completely true at all on certain occasions, getting the same easy questions all the time is most likely a big portion of the problem. Giving them the places full of information they seem to totally ignore will help our new users a lot more, because they could explore them and learn many other, useful things. They have to become independent. For your sanity, also, I assure you it will be better as well, hah.

Moreover, this is a note I have wanted to make public for a long period : if a user, bot or not, is SPAMming, whether with vulgarity or idiocy, not only should you simply report their posts/topics, but you should not reply to any of it either. Sometimes, especially if the SPAMmer is a real person, answering their comments does not help at all. Ignore them, make them look like even bigger idiots.

Otherwise, I sincerely hope you all enjoy your time here right now.
This forum is gonna having a boom never seen before.
The problem of the repetitive questions is only one of the problems we will have!
Anyway this boom is really amazing.
I think italian sub forum will be every day bigger.It s so Cool!
IMO, usually redirecting the users to the proper resources is as annoying as giving an answer.
When people see where answers are located, it encourages people to look for solutions to their problems, instead of just being spoon-fed information.
True, but I still feel for those who constantly help with repetitive answers... even if I've asked some myself

[Image: awesome.gif]
For the past 2 days I thought kai-v was being really strict but I guess I was wrong.
(Jul. 01, 2010  2:03 AM)gurugulu Wrote: For the past 2 days I thought kai-v was being really strict but I guess I was wrong.
I was working almost all day on Monday and Tuesday, I could barely come here, hah. Surely it was not only the last two days who gave you this idea.
I like evrything, but I'd honestly rather post answers then link.
Linking is boring, I think if it's a simple question we should just tell them to find it on their own.
If they lack the cognition to overcome basic obstacles, chances are they aren't going to be an integral member of the community.
I really like this idea.
Imagine the boost of members we might get when BMF hits the US.
Hopefully they won't just be immature :\
But that's why this plan was made, I guess.
They will be immature.
and insolent.
and self-serving.
and morons.
But a select few will be genuinely good members.
(Jul. 01, 2010  5:22 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: They will be immature.
and insolent.
and self-serving.
and morons.
But a select few will be genuinely good members.

Everything me Smile Except the last point! Tongue_out
This is a good idea even though I've only been around for almost a week there's a lot of weird questions
Not only does this teach you how to deal with spammers, but also teaches you how to deal with bullies!
Yeah it's a good idea even though I think I do this alot.
Agreed
(Jul. 01, 2010  12:31 PM)Sora. Wrote: Not only does this teach you how to deal with spammers, but also teaches you how to deal with bullies!

WBO has had cyber bullying?
yeah i just got one PM about selling beyblades and that's all but for this i agree
I totally agree.
thanks Kai-V, I TOTALLY AGREE !!!
what is this boom everyone is talking about? lol

btw i don't recognize anyone in this thread, except kai-v and heart..weird
I wish a beyblade tournament came to canada
(Jul. 04, 2010  2:13 AM)darkgasher5848 Wrote: I wish a beyblade tournament came to canada
... This is not the right topic at all ...

This is really as if darkgasher5848 is testing me ironically in this thread hahah.