[Answered]  why are hasbro layers + TT drivers incompatible?

Hello! so the title is basically my question, but ill elaborate!
so I was reading the burst format rules a while back and saw that making a combo with a hasbro layer and a TT driver was illegal. Now i know the reason for this is that when combined, the pieces become far to tight and make it almost impossible to burst. So it makes sense that this kind of combination would be banned from organized play. But i was wondering if anyone knows the reason why the TT drivers and Hasbro layers act so differently when combined together. than, say... a Hasbro driver and a TT layer or a completely Hasbro combo or a completely TT combo. 
obviously the Hasbro layers dont have teeth, and use a sort of slanted ridge instead for the drivers prongs to slide on. But i dont see how this causes TT drivers to be incompatible with them/be so tightly fitted. 

I was looking at the hasbro and TT drivers and i couldn't find a difference in there design. So im really confused on how they act so differently.

Just to clarify, Im looking for an explanation of the mechanics. not the rules.

Thanks for reading! 
:D
The slopes stick out farther than the teeth which is partly why the fit is so tight. Furthermore, the small translucent white tabs on the top of the Drivers that fit into the teeth/slopes are of different sizes between Takara Tomy (Taller) and Hasbro (Shorter, which is also why Hasbro Drivers fit loosely on Takara Tomy Layers)
dang. cant believe i missed that.

Thanks so much for the explanation. That was bugging me haha
The teeth are the reason.