[Answered]  Which launcher(s) is/are good for Cho-Z Achilles?

So, as you can tell from the title, this is about Cho-Z Achilles. It's the only TT bey I have, the others are Hasbro, woes me. Anyway, I got some questions about launchers. The thing is, I had the LR string launcher that came with Achilles, but it broke (I think?) yesterday. The gears are all fine, but the string doesn't retract, so I'm assuming the problem is the coil inside that makes the string retract. I tried the "twist it clockwise" method, but it still didn't work. And then an outside force (my brother) took out the coil from the gear. Luckily, I'd already activated both burst stoppers before this happened.

Tl;dr - The original launcher that came with Cho-Z Achilles is now busted. Perhaps forever. And now on to the questions.

1. What launcher is good for Cho-Z Achilles? I'd like one that can actually pop out the burst stoppers (even though I know basically anything besides the proto launcher has a better chance of doing the job). I've been trying to choose, and I've narrowed down the options. What would you guys recommend, and why?
  • The Phoenix winder - heard very good things about this one, but I also keep hearing that ripcord launchers skip with Cho-Z beys, and that's my biggest fear with this one.
  • B-119 Bey launcher LR - Is this one any good/better than the B-88 launcher? For some reason, it's cheaper than the B-88, but I know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. (I think this one has a longer string, though.)
  • B-45 Light launcher and Long winder - probably the one I'm LEAST likely to buy. Do you guys think this one is a good launcher for a Cho-Z bey, or would it just skip and not be worth the hassle of buying it?
2. Does the Phoenix launcher skip? I keep hearing ripcord launchers skip with heavy (aka Cho-Z) beys, but I was thinking that perhaps this one doesn't. Is this launcher reliable?

One more thing: I know Beyblade Burst GT is already a thing, and that there is a new long light launcher, but there's a problem with that. The Amazon I use (Amazon.mx), is like, really behind on releases (perhaps a couple months/weeks behind). Heck, there are already a couple GT beys available on the normal Amazon, but the Mexican Amazon doesn't have them. In fact, Mexican Amazon doesn't have all the Beyblade products. The Blue Sword Launcher (of all things!) isn't available, which is why I'm unsure if Ace Dragon (or the GT long winder) will be available.
(Apr. 16, 2019  3:44 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: So, as you can tell from the title, this is about Cho-Z Achilles. It's the only TT bey I have, the others are Hasbro, woes me. Anyway, I got some questions about launchers. The thing is, I had the LR string launcher that came with Achilles, but it broke (I think?) yesterday. The gears are all fine, but the string doesn't retract, so I'm assuming the problem is the coil inside that makes the string retract. I tried the "twist it clockwise" method, but it still didn't work. And then an outside force (my brother) took out the coil from the gear.

Tl;dr - The original launcher that came with Cho-Z Achilles is now busted. Perhaps forever. And now on to the questions.

1. What launcher is good for Cho-Z Achilles? I'd like one that can actually pop out the burst stoppers (even though I know basically anything besides the proto launcher has a better chance of doing the job). I've been trying to choose, and I've narrowed down the options. What would you guys recommend, and why?
  • The Phoenix winder - heard very good things about this one, but I also keep hearing that ripcord launchers skip with Cho-Z beys, and that's my biggest fear with this one.
  • B-119 Bey launcher LR - Is this one any good/better than the B-88 launcher? For some reason, it's cheaper than the B-88, but I know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. (I think this one has a longer string, though.)
  • B-45 Light launcher and Long winder - probably the one I'm LEAST likely to buy. Do you guys think this one is a good launcher for a Cho-Z bey, or would it just skip and not be worth the hassle of buying it?
2. Does the Phoenix launcher skip? I keep hearing ripcord launchers skip with heavy (aka Cho-Z) beys, but I was thinking that perhaps this one doesn't. Is this launcher reliable?

One more thing: I know Beyblade Burst GT is already a thing, and that there is a new long light launcher, but there's a problem with that. The Amazon I use (Amazon.mx), is like, really behind on releases (perhaps a couple months/weeks behind). Heck, there are already a couple GT beys available on the normal Amazon, but the Mexican Amazon doesn't have them. In fact, Mexican Amazon doesn't have all the Beyblade products. The Blue Sword Launcher (of all things!) isn't available, which is why I'm unsure if Ace Dragon (or the GT long winder) will be available.
If you have the Master Kit Launcher then use that. Also The Phoenix Winder skips when it’s been worn out.
Sorry to hear the launcher broke. It's POSSIBLE that the string got stuck in the gears, but if the coil was removed, then that's more or less it unless you carefully replace it within the housing. Doable.

You ideally want to launch this one hard enough to activate the burst stoppers. With the LR and LR Long launchers I had no luck with that. My strongest launches are on ripcord types, and although they can skip if worn down, being careful with them will lead to less skipping.

That said, I can reliably activate the burst stoppers... with the Hasbro Sword Launcher. Surprise! It works. Supposedly the Green and White Hasbro ripcord launchers can also do it, even though they have trouble holding that weight. Try it!
(Apr. 16, 2019  4:16 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Sorry to hear the launcher broke. It's POSSIBLE that the string got stuck in the gears, but if the coil was removed, then that's more or less it unless you carefully replace it within the housing. Doable.

You ideally want to launch this one hard enough to activate the burst stoppers. With the LR and LR Long launchers I had no luck with that. My strongest launches are on ripcord types, and although they can skip if worn down, being careful with them will lead to less skipping.

That said, I can reliably activate the burst stoppers... with the Hasbro Sword Launcher. Surprise! It works. Supposedly the Green and White Hasbro ripcord launchers can also do it, even though they have trouble holding that weight. Try it!

Thanks for replying! I'll definitely be (carefully) trying to repair the coil. And the hasbro sword launcher? Wow...didn't expect that, though I was stunned checking the price for it on amazon - there's only one seller available, and they sell stuff for crazy expensive prices (the hasbro sword launcher + xcalius x3 actually costs MORE than the Digital Sword Launcher, no joke. perhaps there are better options elsewhere.)

The hasbro white launcher doesn't provide enough power (enough to pop out the stoppers, anyway). I just tried it not too long ago. Though it's already been pretty worn down by now, so maybe that's it.

(Apr. 16, 2019  4:05 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2019  3:44 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: So, as you can tell from the title, this is about Cho-Z Achilles. It's the only TT bey I have, the others are Hasbro, woes me. Anyway, I got some questions about launchers. The thing is, I had the LR string launcher that came with Achilles, but it broke (I think?) yesterday. The gears are all fine, but the string doesn't retract, so I'm assuming the problem is the coil inside that makes the string retract. I tried the "twist it clockwise" method, but it still didn't work. And then an outside force (my brother) took out the coil from the gear.

If you have the Master Kit Launcher then use that. Also The Phoenix Winder skips when it’s been worn out.

The Phoenix winder skips? Oh, that's too bad. I saw your suggestion for the Master Kit Launcher, but, as it turns out, mexican Amazon doesn't have it. Still, thanks for replying!
Well the B-137 Long beylauncher has released as a single product buy. I have the one in red that came with the B-123 set, which I use to launch my Cho-Z achillies.

I'm not sure if my achillies has a mass production error, but I struggle to get BOTH burst locks out when I launch it. But the launcher is otherwise quite reliable, if harder to get the burst locks out due to a lack of gear force multiplier (which the LR launchers have)
Either a standard Beylauncher, Long Beylauncher or the Hasbro Master Kit Launcher. Cho-Z Achilles is too heavy for Winder launchers or any form of the Beylauncher LR