[Answered]  What exactly is LAD?

So I have recently been looking for a good Steal Spinning combo and I would like to know exactly what LAD is. I just know that it's life after death and that it's good for steal spinning combos, but what exactly is it and what causes it?
Life after death is a beyblades ability to keep spinning when getting to low rpms. Before the existence of high LAD drivers such as Drift or Zone' or Xtend+, LAD generally referred to the beyblades ability to keep spinning once the lowest parts started touching the stadium. Before the afore mentioned high LAD drivers, this was typically the forge disc or the attached disc frame. High LAD discs and frames where ones that were lower (helped keep the beyblade more upright much like the high LAD drivers now) and more circular (so minimal energy is wasted when scraping on the stadium. LAD now tends to refer more to a drivers ability to stand upright even when spinning very slowly. The high LAD drivers I mentioned will either stay upright even after stopping spinning or at least until at very very low RPMs.
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:12 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Life after death is a beyblades ability to keep spinning when getting to low rpms. Before the existence of high LAD drivers such as Drift or Zone' or Xtend+, LAD generally referred to the beyblades ability to keep spinning once the lowest parts started touching the stadium. Before the afore mentioned high LAD drivers, this was typically the forge disc or the attached disc frame. High LAD discs and frames where ones that were lower (helped keep the beyblade more upright much like the high LAD drivers now) and more circular (so minimal energy is wasted when scraping on the stadium. LAD now tends to refer more to a drivers ability to stand upright even when spinning very slowly. The high LAD drivers I mentioned will either stay upright even after stopping spinning or at least until at very very low RPMs.

Thanks, but why does this help with steal spinning combos?
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:12 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Life after death is a beyblades ability to keep spinning when getting to low rpms.  Before the existence of high LAD drivers such as Drift or Zone' or Xtend+, LAD generally referred to the beyblades ability to keep spinning once the lowest parts started touching the stadium.  Before the afore mentioned high LAD drivers, this was typically the forge disc or the attached disc frame.  High LAD discs and frames where ones that were lower (helped keep the beyblade more upright much like the high LAD drivers now) and more circular (so minimal energy is wasted when scraping on the stadium.  LAD now tends to refer more to a drivers ability to stand upright even when spinning very slowly.  The high LAD drivers I mentioned will either stay upright even after stopping spinning or at least until at very very low RPMs.

Thanks, but why does this help with steal spinning combos?
because the combos dont actually steal spin, its more like Spin equalization
because they equalize their spin (thats why you can spin steal with a right spinning bey) and since in the end they will have the same spin and if no one not bursts or gets K.Oed
the only way to win will be who has the most LAD since their spin will be the same
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:37 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Thanks, but why does this help with steal spinning combos?
because they equalize their spin (thats why you can spin steal with a right spinning bey) and since in the end they will have the same spin, not bursting or K.Oing
the only way to win will be who has the most LAD since their spin will be the same

Exactly this, they equalize spin and whichever stands up longer wins.  Small correction though, you can spin-steal/equalize with a right spinning bey.  Spin-equalization is possible in opposite spin matchups, a left spin vs a right spin, so both right and left spins can spin equalize in that matchup.  Spin equalizers tend to be left spin beyblades because the majority of beyblades are right spin.  The ability to spin equalize tends to be more powerful on left spin beyblades as you simply have a higher chance of getting the spin equalization matchup compared to a right spin.
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:45 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:37 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: because the combos dont actually steal spin, its more like Spin equalization
because they equalize their spin (thats why you can spin steal with a right spinning bey) and since in the end they will have the same spin, not bursting or K.Oing

Exactly this, they equalize spin and whichever stands up longer wins.  Small correction though, you can spin-steal/equalize with a right spinning bey.  Spin-equalization is possible in opposite spin matchups, a left spin vs a right spin, so both right and left spins can spin equalize in that matchup.  Spin equalizers tend to be left spin beyblades because the majority of beyblades are right spin.  The ability to spin equalize tends to be more powerful on left spin beyblades as you simply have a higher chance of getting the spin equalization matchup compared to a right spin.
O sorry, I already know that, I meant to say that right spin beys can actually "spin steal", but maybe because I suck at writing it wasnt clear enough

thanks for clarifying for him since my typing is confusing
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:37 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Thanks, but why does this help with steal spinning combos?
because they equalize their spin (thats why you can spin steal with a right spinning bey) and since in the end they will have the same spin and if no one not bursts or gets K.Oed

Thanks, and I did know about Spin Equalization, and a little off topic, I am making a custom bey that can steal spin way more that it can actually 'give' spin.
(Feb. 27, 2021  12:11 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:37 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: because the combos dont actually steal spin, its more like Spin equalization

Thanks, and I did know about Spin Equalization, and a little off topic, I am making a custom bey that can steal spin way more that it can actually 'give' spin.

I dont think thats possible but if you make it
then tell me cause I wanna know
(Feb. 27, 2021  1:15 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  12:11 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Thanks, and I did know about Spin Equalization, and a little off topic, I am making a custom bey that can steal spin way more that it can actually 'give' spin.

I dont think thats possible but if you make it
then tell me cause I wanna know

Well it's left spin, and yes it's totally possible to make a bey that steals spin more than it gives. But it is impossible to make a bey that doesn't give spin at all Step 1: FORGET THE RUBBER. Rubber cause spin equalization, which is a no no. Step 2: Make slopes. I would love to send an image or something just to show you my design on paper, but I can't so I explain it. It has slopes that basically slide off when it hits another bey, but the starting of the slopes is sticking right out of the bey so when another one hits it gives a lot more spin. Step 3: Your done only 2 steps.

I'll see if I can put an image or something
Maybe my grasp of physics is wrong, but I highly doubt it's possible to make a bey steal enough spin to spin faster than the opponent.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction after all. If a bey is spinning at 400 rpm, and another bey is spinning next to it at 200, if they collide, physics dictate that they're going to equalize. The second bey won't reach above 400, or if it does, it's so negligible that it hardly makes a difference.

Again, I'm no physicist. I could be entirely wrong on this.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:38 AM)NuclearCommando Wrote: Maybe my grasp of physics is wrong, but I highly doubt it's possible to make a bey steal enough spin to spin faster than the opponent.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction after all. If a bey is spinning at 400 rpm, and another bey is spinning next to it at 200, if they collide, physics dictate that they're going to equalize. The second bey won't reach above 400, or if it does, it's so negligible that it hardly makes a difference.

Again, I'm no physicist. I could be entirely wrong on this.

I liken spin-equalization as similar to heat transfer, so I personally think you're right