[Answered]  WD40- cleaning performance tip- Planet (burst)

[Image: 8CXXzb5.jpg]

Now. I know that popular opinion says that planet is only good for collection. But my friend really enjoys using it- but over time we have noticed that a layer of dust/gunk has gotten stuck between the metal ball and the plastic. This is noticably increasing friction so I tried cleaning it out with a toothbrush to no avail. 

another friend of mine suggested using WD40 to try and clean it, as he has been using WD40 for years to clean and care for his metal fight beys. 
But I am not sure if WD40 would melt Takara Tomy plastic.

has anyone tried to clean their burst bey parts with WD40? or have any suggestions to clean the gunk out of my planet driver?
you’re better off with a can of compressed air and a slip of paper.

use the corners of the paper to slide into the driver to loosen the gunk, and blow it out with the canned air.

ive used wd-40 on other things like this (dirty ABS plastic and steel contact points) it doesn’t work out that well, and is never the same as new.  not to mention, this would make the driver illegal for WBO play (if that matters to you)
(Apr. 27, 2018  4:55 AM)Kry Wrote: [Image: 8CXXzb5.jpg]

Now. I know that popular opinion says that planet is only good for collection. But my friend really enjoys using it- but over time we have noticed that a layer of dust/gunk has gotten stuck between the metal ball and the plastic. This is noticably increasing friction so I tried cleaning it out with a toothbrush to no avail. 

another friend of mine suggested using WD40 to try and clean it, as he has been using WD40 for years to clean and care for his metal fight beys. 
But I am not sure if WD40 would melt Takara Tomy plastic.

has anyone tried to clean their burst bey parts with WD40? or have any suggestions to clean the gunk out of my planet driver?

Try submerging it in rubbing alchahol for about an hour, then use a tooth brush to remove the rest of the gunk