[Answered]  The big jump to string launchers

Hi guys! So, after a short period watching everybody complaining about the ripcord launchers (they wear down faster and lose power more quickly compared to string ones) i decided to change my set-up with a b-88 l/r and a grip. Now i'd need to know what to expect from a thing who's completely unknown to me. For example, some tricks to learn launching properly etc...
Thank you!
String Launchers are THE BEST launchers in today's META ( if you have forgotten Long LR Launchers ) , The ONLY thing you need to learn is : To pull the String STRAIGHT !!
(Aug. 24, 2018  12:12 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: String Launchers are THE BEST  launchers in today's  META ( if you have forgotten Long LR Launchers ) , The ONLY thing you need to learn is : To pull the String STRAIGHT !!

That's for sure hahaha! I know long winder l/r launchers, but some say they are defective.
(Aug. 24, 2018  12:12 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: String Launchers are THE BEST  launchers in today's  META ( if you have forgotten Long LR Launchers ) , The ONLY thing you need to learn is : To pull the String STRAIGHT !!

i disagree

when pulling perfectly straight it’s too easy to end up pulling too hard and/or accelerating the bey too quickly, which wears down the prong clutch in b-88 style launchers.

i say pull in a weak arch, slightly up at the start, finishing straight. this allows the bey to build momentum on the launcher in a way that’s more controllable and also won’t damage the launcher.

that said, all launchers, especially LR string launchers will eventually wear down and even break.  they are intended to be semi-disposable.
(Aug. 24, 2018  1:23 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

i disagree

when pulling perfectly straight it’s too easy to end up pulling too hard and/or accelerating the bey too quickly, which wears down the prong clutch in b-88 style launchers.

i say pull in a weak arch, slightly up at the start, finishing straight. this allows the bey to build momentum on the launcher in a way that’s more controllable and also won’t damage the launcher.

that said, all launchers, especially LR string launchers will eventually wear down and even break.  they are intended to be semi-disposable.

I see. Is there something i can do to slow down the wear? Ripcord launchers seem to be much worse than TT's b-88, do they wear down at the same velocity as string ones?
(Aug. 24, 2018  1:47 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2018  1:23 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i disagree

I see. Is there something i can do to slow down the wear? Ripcord launchers seem to be much worse than TT's b-88, do they wear down at the same velocity as string ones?

if you notice the b-88 style launchers get more rotations from less actual string pulled than regular beylaunchers

this is due to a gear ratio advantage within the launcher itself

now it is not really all that complex compaired to the gearing set ups of lego technic or some nerf blasters, but the b-88 style launcher are certainly more complex than regular beylaunchers

due to this fact, it’s safe to assume more complexity = less reliability  

i’m not sure from a direct comparison which launcher wears the fastest

generally just remember if it is skipping, you are not launching correctly or the launcher itself is worn to the point of being toast
Digital sword launcher wears the fastest, no doubt. And My B88 setup is alive since March.
Thank you all for your answers!

(Aug. 24, 2018  3:40 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Digital sword launcher wears the fastest, no doubt. And My B88 setup is alive since March.

Hi Adarsh! Do you also think that string launchers are just much better than regulars?

(Aug. 24, 2018  3:21 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2018  1:47 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: I see. Is there something i can do to slow down the wear? Ripcord launchers seem to be much worse than TT's b-88, do they wear down at the same velocity as string ones?

if you notice the b-88 style launchers get more rotations from less actual string pulled than regular beylaunchers

now it is not really all that complex compaired to the gearing set ups of lego technic or some nerf blasters, but the b-88 style launcher are certainly more complex than regular beylaunchers

generally just remember if it is skipping, you are not launching correctly or the launcher itself is worn to the point of being toast

Last question: how do you deal with cho-zs and God beys, i mean does it take a particular launch style since they are much heavier than single/dual layers?
(Aug. 24, 2018  3:40 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Digital sword launcher wears the fastest, no doubt. And My B88 setup is alive since March.

i think the consensus is the DSL is the most fragile. i don’t know many folks talking about the DSL wearing down quickly. 

to me, wearing down means it still launches, but with less power and/or more skipping, noise, friction, etc. 

the DSL has one specific gear that seems to strip teeth off easily (especially in the hands of adults). this is breakage, not wear, imo.
(Aug. 24, 2018  3:59 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Thank you all for your answers!

Hi Adarsh! Do you also think that string launchers are just much better than regulars?
Regulars ( I think you are talking about Proto Launcher ! ) , YA , String launchers are a LOT better than The Regular launchers !!

(Aug. 24, 2018  3:21 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: if you notice the b-88 style launchers get more rotations from less actual string pulled than regular beylaunchers

Last question: how do you deal with cho-zs and God beys, i mean does it take a particular launch style since they are much heavier than single/dual layers?

i think weight is a critical factor for the “momentum building” launch style i mentioned. 

stress on the launcher is increased by weight and acceleration.  balancing the two will optimize launcher longevity. 

however i think you can still launch plenty hard with less launcher wear if you use the slight arcing i mentioned above.
(Aug. 24, 2018  4:35 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:

Regulars ( I think you are talking about Proto Launcher ! ) , YA , String launchers are a LOT better than The Regular launchers !!

No, i was talking about the best ripcord launchers currently around (long winder light launcher for right spin and the left spin light launcher). L/R ripcord launchers break in 5 minutes...

(Aug. 24, 2018  4:39 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

i think weight is a critical factor for the “momentum building” launch style i mentioned. 

stress on the launcher is increased by weight and accelleration.  balancing the two will optimize launcher longevity. 

however i think you can still launch plenty hard with less launcher wear if you use the slight arcing i mentioned above.

Thank you for all your answers, Panda!
I always take a Light launcher LR long winder in case my B88 doesn't performs well.
B-88 is simply good, except wear issue, you need replace it after 6-8 months at any cost, that too japanese ones. Korean ones don't last long.
But they are the best, control, stability, speed. Everything you need
Thanks Adarsh! Now i'm even more relieved about my switching.
I think im finally gonna get a b-88 and a grip. I really like the hasbro l/r string launchers and I hear this one is better.