[Answered]  Should I use a bey(burst) after 2 years of frequent playing???

I have the Xcalius X2 and Roktavor R2, both from Takara Tomy that I bought 3 years ago but I stopped playing for a while. I took it out for a battle yesterday and saw a great decrease in performance. They moved slower, the Roktavor seemed to have lost the stamina, and the attack from Xcalius was very weak, and some parts worn out very much. Should I practice to train up my skills, or buy a new one?
(Mar. 15, 2020  11:51 AM)CycolaHyper Wrote: I have the Xcalius X2 and Roktavor R2, both from Takara Tomy that I bought 3 years ago but I stopped playing for a while. I took it out for a battle yesterday and saw a great decrease in performance. They moved slower, the Roktavor seemed to have lost the stamina, and the attack from Xcalius was very weak, and some parts worn out very much. Should I practice to train up my skills, or buy a new one?

Hey there! This question probably belongs in an already existing thread, but I'm sure one of the mods will let you know if that's the case.

I'm still relatively new to burst as well, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The biggest issue that you will run into with older beys, is that they are mostly strictly outclassed by some of the newer ones. That being said, the Burst Classic format still exists, and to my knowledge these are still at least viable in that format. While time itself doesn't decrease the performance, a lot of use will. Proper launch technique is also something to work on, and it's something I'm still working on myself. But, if your parts are worn to the point that they are no longer functioning properly, it's probably time to get some new beys.
Buying an upgraded would be good or you can mix their combos to make them stronger
Crash is right, this better belongs in the questions and answers forum. I'll move it.

CycolaHyper Beys can wear down after use. In the case of your Hasbro beys. the slopes on the layers can wear down, the tips can wear down depending on how you've been treating them. You're also a bit unpracticed as you noted yourself, that might have something to do with it.

I would hold off on buying new copies of those two beys for right now. Practice a bit more, see if it's just you.
Thank you a lot!!!!!
Sorry, my bad. I'm new to this forum. I didn't check earlier threads.