[Answered]  Replacement string/TT string launchers?

Hello,

Question:
Wondering if anyone knows where I could find replacement Takara Tomy string for their string launchers (LR, long, sparking, etc)

OR a really good (or even better) substitute.

Back story:
So I have a achilles LR string launcher. worked great, up until the string started fraying. actually, the string is composed of an internal string, then a sort of protective sheath? The outside of the string started to wear down, then the inside started fraying, and resulted in a stuck string with no way to fix the original string.

So i've learned how to replace the string and recoil the spring inside, but my problem is finding a suitable replacement string. 
i tried some string i had around the house....seemed sturdy at first. but that broke. found some nylon string that was supposedly durable as per some reviews i read....also frayed.
i tried some of this waxed thread which is surprisingly sturdy, but its very thin...and i think a bit of thickness is necessary to keep the string from jumping the spool and getting caught. hard to describe, but my impression is the string has to be as thick as the current takara tomy string thats in the launcher to not have issues and it getting jammed. possibly thicker, as long as it fits thru the hole.

EDIT / ANSWER :

So after some comments, and some experiments, i think I have found the answer to this question, thanks to SupaDav03:
Kevlar String!

First I tried string around the house, no luck. then i tried some supposedly heavy duty nylon string from the department store, still frayed. tried some supposedly heavy duty yoyo string, also frayed. 

THEN i saw SupaDav03's post with an ebay link to someone selling heavy duty replacement string for launchers, but it was like ten bucks for one string.
So i googled/amazon searched Kevlar String, and found a spool for the same price! 

So far, after 2 weeks of heavy abuse, it seems to be working great! 

So keep in mind: if you replace your string, you cannot use the launcher in tournaments. 
However, im more concerned with Burst coming to an end, and still wanting to play years from now, but not being able to because all my launchers are broken. 
So far I have yet to break any string launcher's internal components : its only been the string. (sometimes the internal spring uncoils but thats fixable)
So now, i have a dependable fix for the years to come! ok thanks for reading :)
Well, if you want to replace the string, it voids the launcher from being used in WBO tournaments. I don’t know where you can find a string, but if you want to get a Beyblade as well, the Master Diabolos launcher is just as good, and I think the string is a tad bit longer. Here’s a link to the Bey on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Takara-Tomy-Beybl...495&sr=8-7
It does seem to be a bit overpriced though, you might want to wait for the price to go down.
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)GeneriCringe Wrote: Well, if you want to replace the string, it voids the launcher from being used in WBO tournaments. I don’t know where you can find a string, but if you want to get a Beyblade as well, the Master Diabolos launcher is just as good, and I think the string is a tad bit longer. Here’s a link to the Bey on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Takara-Tomy-Beybl...495&sr=8-7
It does seem to be a bit overpriced though, you might want to wait for the price to go down.

hey there, yup i understand it voids the launcher being used in tournaments. i have other launchers that still work.
but i figure a still a fixable/usable launcher is good to have around and use for at home (since they all seem to break at some point) that way i can still play without putting as much wear on other launchers.

and yup already have master diabolos! 

just hoping someone knows about replacement strings. really i was hoping someone would be like "i replaced my LR's string with this stuff from amazon, it was like 5 bucks and super durable!" lol
welp no answer yet BUT i will be trying out something i purchased on amazon : Yo yo string! wish me luck. maybe ill be answering my own question lol
(Sep. 01, 2020  12:22 AM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: welp no answer yet BUT i will be trying out something i purchased on amazon : Yo yo string! wish me luck. maybe ill be answering my own question lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254687986958

It’s an “upgraded” version of the string, made of kevlar. Wouldn’t be tournament legal but 🤷🏻‍♂️
(Sep. 01, 2020  1:10 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  12:22 AM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: welp no answer yet BUT i will be trying out something i purchased on amazon : Yo yo string! wish me luck. maybe ill be answering my own question lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254687986958

It’s an “upgraded” version of the string, made of kevlar. Wouldn’t be tournament legal but 🤷🏻‍♂️

oh there we go! adding to watchlist. if the supposedly super durable yoyo string dosn't work im going to this, thanks!

i figure having working launchers just for being able to play at home is good.  if tournaments are ever an option in the near future, we'd just keep a few launchers in pristine condition, and have the illegal ones be our at-home workhorses. 

basically i play my son all the time, and have a second one (7 months) that loves to watch and know once hes older will want to play too.
im not sure what the future of beyblade burst is...im sure one day burst will discontinue, but if i can keep launchers working many years from now then i know my fam can still play in the future.

that would totally suck if my son and i collected all these awesome beys and then over time had no working launchers to play with them, and because burst is discontinued, cant buy new ones (or would have to ebay hunt for them) so the more string launchers i can be able to fix the better!

EDIT : lol so after looking at that ebay listing...its basically just kevlar string that they cut to launcher length...i went and searched "kevlar string" on amazon and found basically the same stuff for the same price...but a SPOOL of it, rather than just one string. just throwing this out there in case someone else comes along needing to replace their string and reads this
(Aug. 27, 2020  7:39 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: Hello,

Question:
Wondering if anyone knows where I could find replacement Takara Tomy string for their string launchers (LR, long, sparking, etc)

Back story:
So I have a achilles LR string launcher. worked great, up until the string started fraying. actually, the string is composed of an internal string, then a sort of protective sheath? The outside of the string started to wear down, then the inside started fraying, and resulted in a stuck string with no way to fix the original string.

So i've learned how to replace the string and recoil the spring inside, but my problem is finding a suitable replacement string. 
i tried some string i had around the house....seemed sturdy at first. but that broke. found some nylon string that was supposedly durable as per some reviews i read....also frayed.
i tried some of this waxed thread which is surprisingly sturdy, but its very thin...and i think a bit of thickness is necessary to keep the string from jumping the spool and getting caught. hard to describe, but my impression is the string has to be as thick as the current takara tomy string thats in the launcher to not have issues and it getting jammed. possibly thicker, as long as it fits thru the hole.

I recommend you buying ace dragon that comes with an winder launcher, it comes with the dragon winder (which is the longest beyblade burst winder)
the winder launchers have a lesser chance of breaking that string launchers and if you dont crank the bey a lot in the launcher, it can go years with the same launch power
(Sep. 01, 2020  5:23 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  7:39 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: Hello,

Question:

Back story:

I recommend you buying ace dragon that comes with an winder launcher, it comes with the dragon winder (which is the longest beyblade burst winder)
the winder launchers have a lesser chance of breaking that string launchers and if you dont crank the bey a lot in the launcher, it can go years with the same launch power

oh hey there! you mean the ripcord launcher that comes with ace dragon? 
i have that! and quite a few other ripcord launchers (like the one that comes with dead (or is it revive?) phoenix....

the problem we have with ripcord launchers is they start to slip and not properly launch after some time. we do try not to crank the bey on the launcher, but my whole family launch very hard, and i think after a few months of use they start to slip and lose power. what causes this is a plastic piece with two teeth connect on the inside of the black two prong circular piece (the contact/connect for the bey) starts to wear down. there's a fix for it involving opening it up and taping the white internal part so the connection to the black two prong piece on the inside is more secure....but even that is a very temporary fix.

long story short : we have more success, durability wise, with string launchers....with the one caveat being the string itself.

but thanks for the reply!
(Sep. 01, 2020  6:35 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  5:23 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: start

oh hey there! you mean the ripcord launcher that comes with ace dragon? 
i have that! and quite a few other ripcord launchers (like the one that comes with dead (or is it revive?) phoenix....

the problem we have with ripcord launchers is they  to slip and not properly launch after some time. we do try not to crank the bey on the launcher, but my whole family launch very hard, and i think after a few months of use they start to slip and lose power. what causes this is a plastic piece with two teeth connect on the inside of the black two prong circular piece (the contact/connect for the bey) starts to wear down. there's a fix for it involving opening it up and taping the white internal part so the connection to the black two prong piece on the inside is more secure....but even that is a very temporary fix.

long story short : we have more success, durability wise, with string launchers....with the one caveat being the string itself.

ok, do you have the cho z achilles long launcher? or the sparking launcher that comes with variant lucifer? (i heard is one of the best launchers even though only works with rightspins ), or even the launcher that comes with single layer gold xcalius, i had it before I moved to the U.S and its really good?
i think they are good options
(Sep. 01, 2020  9:36 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  6:35 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: oh hey there! you mean the ripcord launcher that comes with ace dragon? 

the problem we have with ripcord launchers is they  to slip and not properly launch after some time. we do try not to crank the bey on the launcher, but my whole family launch very hard, and i think after a few months of use they start to slip and lose power. what causes this is a plastic piece with two teeth connect on the inside of the black two prong circular piece (the contact/connect for the bey) starts to wear down. there's a fix for it involving opening it up and taping the white internal part so the connection to the black two prong piece on the inside is more secure....but even that is a very temporary fix.

ok, do you have the cho z achilles long launcher? or the sparking launcher that comes with variant lucifer? (i heard is one of the best launchers even though only works with rightspins ), or even the launcher that comes with single layer gold xcalius, i had it before I moved to the U.S and its really good?
i think they are good options

yes! i have the cho z string launcher. thats actually the one that the string broke on! i do have the variant one as well.
i also have the left sparking launcher....and i can see the string already fraying a touch already.

basically over the last year it seems string launchers are the most durable....except for the string itself. i figure if i knew of a good string for replacement thats super durable, then i can always fix them in the future.
(Sep. 01, 2020  5:11 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  1:10 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254687986958

oh there we go! adding to watchlist. if the supposedly super durable yoyo string dosn't work im going to this, thanks!

i figure having working launchers just for being able to play at home is good.  if tournaments are ever an option in the near future, we'd just keep a few launchers in pristine condition, and have the illegal ones be our at-home workhorses. 

basically i play my son all the time, and have a second one (7 months) that loves to watch and know once hes older will want to play too.
im not sure what the future of beyblade burst is...im sure one day burst will discontinue, but if i can keep launchers working many years from now then i know my fam can still play in the future.

that would totally suck if my son and i collected all these awesome beys and then over time had no working launchers to play with them, and because burst is discontinued, cant buy new ones (or would have to ebay hunt for them) so the more string launchers i can be able to fix the better!

EDIT : lol so after looking at that ebay listing...its basically just kevlar string that they cut to launcher length...i went and searched "kevlar string" on amazon and found basically the same stuff for the same price...but a SPOOL of it, rather than just one string. just throwing this out there in case someone else comes along needing to replace their string and reads this

Haha, yeah. Gotta be careful with those eBay sellers. On a side note, 3.style has right spin sparking launchers for $9.99; you could always stock up on a bunch. That’s actually a really good price.
(Sep. 01, 2020  10:55 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  5:11 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: oh there we go! adding to watchlist. if the supposedly super durable yoyo string dosn't work im going to this, thanks!

Haha, yeah. Gotta be careful with those eBay sellers. On a side note, 3.style has right spin sparking launchers for $9.99; you could always stock up on a bunch. That’s actually a really good price.

haha yeah i have it in my ebay watch list!! 
ive bought from 3style before....great stuff, but i like to buy a bunch of stuff at one time to save on shipping cost (its like 6 to 9 bucks for one item, but only 50 cents each other item)

usually 3 style only sells buy it now, but every once in a while they purge a bunch of parts and do actual auctions starting at 99 cents....

long story short, im waiting on the next bunch of auctions to pop up, then buy another sparking launcher when i win some stuff.
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:08 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  10:55 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Haha, yeah. Gotta be careful with those eBay sellers. On a side note, 3.style has right spin sparking launchers for $9.99; you could always stock up on a bunch. That’s actually a really good price.

haha yeah i have it in my ebay watch list!! 
ive bought from 3style before....great stuff, but i like to buy a bunch of stuff at one time to save on shipping cost (its like 6 to 9 bucks for one item, but only 50 cents each other item)

usually 3 style only sells buy it now, but every once in a while they purge a bunch of parts and do actual auctions starting at 99 cents....

long story short, im waiting on the next bunch of auctions to pop up, then buy another sparking launcher when i win some stuff.

Yes, the auctions can be fantastic. Funny enough, I’ve see  several items sell for more on auction than the “buy it now” price which always puzzles me. Happened with a Dread Fafnir layer & a red Guardian Kerbeus layer in the last auction. 🤕
(Sep. 02, 2020  8:23 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:08 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: haha yeah i have it in my ebay watch list!! 

Yes, the auctions can be fantastic. Funny enough, I’ve see  several items sell for more on auction than the “buy it now” price which always puzzles me. Happened with a Dread Fafnir layer & a red Guardian Kerbeus layer in the last auction. 🤕

ha yeah i saw that happen with a gold revolve a few auctions ago
Last year I paid $17 for a LR string launcher on Amazon. I went back to the "buy it again" tab, and the same exact string launcher is now $85... price gauging much?