[Answered]  Polishing a damaged driver?

Hi, one of my drivers got damaged at the top. See:

[Image: 20200125-095349.jpg]

Does anyone have experiences with repairing drivers? Can I use a plastic polish paste?

I wanna make it smooth and round again.
I fixed your typos. They were really starting to irritate me. You should use spellcheck more often. If red squiggles underline a word as you're typing it out, chances are you spelled it wrong. If you're on a phone, go click back to that word and fix it with backspace.

The tip of your Guard driver has a dent in it! You probably dropped it or did something silly to it.

Any polishing or pastes you apply to this driver will make it illegal for WBO tournament use. Artificially trying to apply wear specifically to fix a driver could work, but would make the part illegal.

The most you can legally do to drivers is clean them with water or isopropyl alcohol.

I don't recommend trying to use a dremel or power-sander or other polishing tool to polish out the dent, it seems a little severe.

It wasn't a very good tip to begin wtih; just use a different one.
My charge's tip are a bit worn out, what can i do to make it have a good performace again?
(Jan. 26, 2020  2:54 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: My charge's tip are a bit worn out, what can i do to make it have a good performace again?

Sadly, there isn't anything you can do. You can try sanding out the outer area of the main contact point to avoid scrape but I doubt it would make a huge difference, and it would make the driver illegal.
Well, I know that Guard is only mediocre, but I bought it used for a good price.

I dunno what the last silly user did with it to damage it so hard. But I will try sanding it out with polishing paste. If I will take this driver  to tournament (and not my Bearings or Atomics), the referees will simply ban it ;-)

And, sorry for my typos... by english is pretty bad because I use it seldomly since I went to School (over 20 years ago) :-(