[Answered]  Metal Drift and Metal Universe

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if both metal universe and metal drift really are safe on DB core teeth? I know I've heard they are safe, Its just it would be reassuring to hear it from someone with first had experience rather than just a youbtube video I guess.

Metal destroy still chewed up my guilty core teeth so I'm a little bitter.
(Jan. 30, 2022  12:26 AM)Etan900 Wrote: Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if both metal universe and metal drift really are safe on DB core teeth? I know I've heard they are safe, Its just it would be reassuring to hear it from someone with first had experience rather than just a youbtube video I guess.

Idk about metal drift but metal universe is good. It’s plate are basically so short that it makes the burst resistance worse. Even though it’s got a dash spring, the caps barely make contact with teeth so the metal doesn’t hurt teeth but at the same time it makes the caps weaken the burst resistance.
(Jan. 30, 2022  12:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  12:26 AM)Etan900 Wrote: Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if both metal universe and metal drift really are safe on DB core teeth? I know I've heard they are safe, Its just it would be reassuring to hear it from someone with first had experience rather than just a youbtube video I guess.

Idk about metal drift but metal universe is good. It’s plate are basically so short that it makes the burst resistance worse. Even though it’s got a dash spring, the caps barely make contact with teeth so the metal doesn’t hurt teeth but at the same time it makes the caps weaken the burst resistance.

Thanks for responding man thats super helpful!

Yes, both Metal Universe and Metal Drift are safe to use. As TRB mentioned, the tabs on the spring cap are shorter than normal drivers. With this said, the burst resistance isn’t quite that of a dash driver, but because of the golden spring, the burst resistance isn’t weak either. I’d say between that of a normal driver and that of a dash driver, but this will obviously vary from combination to combination.
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:05 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

Yes, both Metal Universe and Metal Drift are safe to use. As TRB mentioned, the tabs on the spring cap are shorter than normal drivers. With this said, the burst resistance isn’t quite that of a dash driver, but because of the golden spring, the burst resistance isn’t weak either. I’d say between that of a normal driver and that of a dash driver, but this will obviously vary from combination to combination.
For me the tabs make the burst resistance like normal bearing. Okay maybe not THAT bad but definitely worse than a normal driver’s spring. At least with DB stuff it won’t burst anyways, but if I wanted to try metal universe on other beys…
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:10 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:05 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yes, both Metal Universe and Metal Drift are safe to use. As TRB mentioned, the tabs on the spring cap are shorter than normal drivers. With this said, the burst resistance isn’t quite that of a dash driver, but because of the golden spring, the burst resistance isn’t weak either. I’d say between that of a normal driver and that of a dash driver, but this will obviously vary from combination to combination.
For me the tabs make the burst resistance like normal bearing. Okay maybe not THAT bad but definitely worse than a normal driver’s spring. At least with DB stuff it won’t burst anyways, but if I wanted to try metal universe on other beys…

Interesting, I was using Metal Universe on Tact Fafnir Retsu earlier today and the burst resistance was insane. I won’t deny that there have been a few combinations I’ve tried with it where the burst resistance was downright terrible, but for the most part, the aforementioned combinations utilized a layer with subpar burst resistance.

Something I didn’t mention in my first post is that Metal Drift and Metal Universe are more free-spinning than their normal-capped counterparts. This seems to improve Metal Drift’s same spin performance and Metal Universe’s opposite spin performance. I believe Metal Destroy is the same way but obviously it still destroys teeth.
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:17 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:10 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: For me the tabs make the burst resistance like normal bearing. Okay maybe not THAT bad but definitely worse than a normal driver’s spring. At least with DB stuff it won’t burst anyways, but if I wanted to try metal universe on other beys…

Interesting, I was using Metal Universe on Tact Fafnir Retsu earlier today and the burst resistance was insane. I won’t deny that there have been a few combinations I’ve tried with it where the burst resistance was downright terrible, but for the most part, the aforementioned combinations utilized a layer with subpar burst resistance.

Something I didn’t mention in my first post is that Metal Drift and Metal Universe are more free-spinning than their normal-capped counterparts. This seems to improve Metal Drift’s same spin performance and Metal Universe’s opposite spin performance. I believe Metal Destroy is the same way but obviously it still destroys teeth.
Interesting. I have metal destroy so I can check if it’s more Freespin than my destroys and my destroy’. And I have had metal universe have insane burst resistance on some GT bases with the gen weight for limited, it seems like the rubber rubs harder against the metal cap than it does against the plastic cap so with those layers it’s an improvement. It’s probably just a bad cap piece or something anyway. It’s also interesting that it would work for you with tact Fafnir when Fafnir’s teeth are already decently short.
The tabs on the caps are a lot shorter on MDr and MUn than on the older Metal Drivers so they don't make contact with teeth as well so they are less likely to break. Metal Drift and Metal Universe are also more free spinning than their normal counterparts. Drivers from MF-MDs are unsafe to use on cores or anything with strong teeth as they will break them pretty quickly.
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:34 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: The tabs on the caps are a lot shorter on MDr and MUn than on the older Metal Drivers so they don't make contact with teeth as well so they are less likely to break. Metal Drift and Metal Universe are also more free spinning than their normal counterparts. Drivers from MF-MDs are unsafe to use on cores or anything with strong teeth as they will break them pretty quickly.

Is that why they feel looser? Like Phoenix had weak clicks,
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:36 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  1:34 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: The tabs on the caps are a lot shorter on MDr and MUn than on the older Metal Drivers so they don't make contact with teeth as well so they are less likely to break. Metal Drift and Metal Universe are also more free spinning than their normal counterparts. Drivers from MF-MDs are unsafe to use on cores or anything with strong teeth as they will break them pretty quickly.

Is that why they feel looser? Like Phoenix had weak clicks,

Pretty much.