[Answered]  Is Hasbro's Myth Layer (Knockout) really good?

Poll: Is Hasbro's Myth layer really good (normal and competitively)?

Yes, it is good.
81.82%
No, it isn't good.
18.18%
Total: 100% 11 vote(s)
So I just bought Hasbro's Myth Odax O5 from Hypersphere together with Abyss Devolos D6 yesterday. And I didn't forget about the fact that people called Hasbro's Myth Layer as the only "real competitive" and good layer released in Rise (together with Monster). Even Zankye said that in a video if I remember right. So I wanted to ask if Hasbro's Myth is really a good layer and if it's really competitive. Thanks in Advance. ^^
Competitive in Burst Limited, not in Standard. Also competitive in Hasbro exclusive format.
(Sep. 26, 2021  3:14 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: So I just bought Hasbro's Myth Odax O5 from Hypersphere together with Abyss Devolos D6 yesterday. And I didn't forget about the fact that people called Hasbro's Myth Layer as the only "real competitive" and good layer released in Rise (together with Monster). Even Zankye said that in a video if I remember right. So I wanted to ask if Hasbro's Myth is really a good layer and if it's really competitive. Thanks in Advance. ^^

So the myth Layer really bugs me, i'll get to that later but yes it's good, it's solid but swapping out the odax chip for a stronger sloped chip like dragon or joker(if you have those) is advised because in my testing it has decently high recoil causing it to burst occasionally and odax has weak slopes, Now what bugs me, the incredibly small shape, It has such a small design that even with core discs if you don't use a frame you will end up with part of a disc sticking out, which could lead to metal contact happening, but this can be fun if you can get your hands on some speedstorm chassis discs like 1A-D, but overall yeah it's competitive with the right combo
(Sep. 26, 2021  3:50 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Competitive in Burst Limited, not in Standard. Also competitive in Hasbro exclusive format.
Okay, Thanks GreaterLonginus! (Also Sorry for the late response.)

(Sep. 26, 2021  5:30 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  3:14 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: So I just bought Hasbro's Myth Odax O5 from Hypersphere together with Abyss Devolos D6 yesterday. And I didn't forget about the fact that people called Hasbro's Myth Layer as the only "real competitive" and good layer released in Rise (together with Monster). Even Zankye said that in a video if I remember right. So I wanted to ask if Hasbro's Myth is really a good layer and if it's really competitive. Thanks in Advance. ^^

So the myth Layer really bugs me, i'll get to that later but yes it's good, it's solid but swapping out the odax chip for a stronger sloped chip like dragon or joker(if you have those) is advised because in my testing it has decently high recoil causing it to burst occasionally and odax has weak slopes, Now what bugs me, the incredibly small shape, It has such a small design that even with core discs if you don't use a frame you will end up with part of a disc sticking out, which could lead to metal contact happening, but this can be fun if you can get your hands on some speedstorm chassis discs like 1A-D, but overall yeah it's competitive with the right combo
Thanks for your response, explanation and clarification Lucha Burst. It was very informative and helpfull (of course). Although I only did a few battles with Myth Odax in its stock (against Galaxy Zeutron Z5 and Abyss Devolos D6), it still showed to be really strong. In every battle it wrecked away the beys. Even Z5, which is a pretty strong and solid bey with high stamina and LAD struggled to stand the attacks of Myth. Then I tried out a combo I thought of and planned: Myth Achilles A5 Wheel/10 Xceed-SPM. This one was, oh boy, a real big hard hitter. But like you said, the small design of it holds it a bit back when it goes to stronger hits and attacks. But I'm still very impressed. Maybe there are otherand better  combos to try out with Myth, could you suggest some stuff?
Again, thanks Lucha Burst! And also sorry for the late response, I didn't have enough time to reply you yesterday lol.
(Sep. 27, 2021  6:34 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  3:50 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Competitive in Burst Limited, not in Standard. Also competitive in Hasbro exclusive format.
Okay, Thanks GreaterLonginus! (Also Sorry for the late response.)

(Sep. 26, 2021  5:30 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: So the myth Layer really bugs me, i'll get to that later but yes it's good, it's solid but swapping out the odax chip for a stronger sloped chip like dragon or joker(if you have those) is advised because in my testing it has decently high recoil causing it to burst occasionally and odax has weak slopes, Now what bugs me, the incredibly small shape, It has such a small design that even with core discs if you don't use a frame you will end up with part of a disc sticking out, which could lead to metal contact happening, but this can be fun if you can get your hands on some speedstorm chassis discs like 1A-D, but overall yeah it's competitive with the right combo
Thanks for your response, explanation and clarification Lucha Burst. It was very informative and helpfull (of course). Although I only did a few battles with Myth Odax in its stock (against Galaxy Zeutron Z5 and Abyss Devolos D6), it still showed to be really strong. In every battle it wrecked away the beys. Even Z5, which is a pretty strong and solid bey with high stamina and LAD struggled to stand the attacks of Myth. Then I tried out a combo I thought of and planned: Myth Achilles A5 Wheel/10 Xceed-SPM. This one was, oh boy, a real big hard hitter. But like you said, the small design of it holds it a bit back when it goes to stronger hits and attacks. But I'm still very impressed. Maybe there are otherand better  combos to try out with Myth, could you suggest some stuff?
Again, thanks Lucha Burst! And also sorry for the late response, I didn't have enough time to reply you yesterday lol.
Yeah Mythic's small shape does hold it back but it helps, It's small design and aggressive shape makes it extremly fast and hard hitting, if you put it on a fast driver like Charge-lH It is incredibly fast, But in my testing some good combo's are:

Mythic Joker 10 Destroyer-H (destroy)

Mythic dragon 00 Xtender-H (Xtend+)

Mythic Dragon 1' Charge-lH(should be pretty fast)

Mythic Joker Sting Rise-H

These are some pretty good combos might be better but I Only got my mythic layer recently so I've only had a limited amount of testing

oop it's myth not mythic

well myth just left a nasty gash on my Harmony layer Confused