[Answered]  Hybrid Driver Breakage

My Hybrid just stopped working (light not flashing and no whirring sounds at all) after one hit from stock combo Union Achilles. I tried rearranging tthe batteries and bought an extra set to see if the batteries were at fault, but to no avail. F*** that stamina testing then (not like I have Go Weight to begin with). Hybrid is a shoddy piece of carp for not having metal especially around the actual part. I even tried having Union have a go against it again in the hopes of whacking it back to life, but I guess that's money out of the window now, unless there is something else I can do to give life into it again.

Anyone else experienced this or was able to get something done to fix it?

Edited: Not really answered, but my Hybrid just went up and running again just a few hours ago, so I just hope it is kept that way. Sights locked for Ig' soon!
(Oct. 27, 2019  3:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: My Hybrid just stopped working (light not flashing and no whirring sounds at all) after one hit from stock combo Union Achilles. I tried rearranging tthe batteries and bought an extra set to see if the batteries were at fault, but to no avail. F*** that stamina testing then (not like I have Go Weight to begin with). Hybrid is a shoddy piece of carp for not having metal especially around the actual part. I even tried having Union have a go against it again in the hopes of whacking it back to life, but I guess that's money out of the window now, unless there is something else I can do to give life into it again.

Guess time to get your  Sauter  kit and fix it if the wires broke or replace the interior but that about it
(Oct. 27, 2019  3:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: My Hybrid just stopped working (light not flashing and no whirring sounds at all) after one hit from stock combo Union Achilles. I tried rearranging tthe batteries and bought an extra set to see if the batteries were at fault, but to no avail. F*** that stamina testing then (not like I have Go Weight to begin with). Hybrid is a shoddy piece of carp for not having metal especially around the actual part. I even tried having Union have a go against it again in the hopes of whacking it back to life, but I guess that's money out of the window now, unless there is something else I can do to give life into it again.

It seems as if a lot of beyblade youtubers in Japan have had this same issue. The only thing we can do is wait and see if TT will fix the issue on their own.
(Oct. 27, 2019  3:38 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:

Guess time to get your  Sauter  kit and fix it if the wires broke or replace the interior but that about it

It's just too irritating that one must become an adept electrical mechanic just so you can fix and enjoy something that should be designed to withstand obvious stress. This is like using a glass hammer to pound on iron nails sheesh It also doesn't help that it's kinda hard to acquire the correct screwdriver type for tri-wing and triangle screws that they keep on using (which is good cuz we distinguish original from fake with those)

(Oct. 27, 2019  3:57 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

It seems as if a lot of beyblade youtubers in Japan have had this same issue. The only thing we can do is wait and see if TT will fix the issue on their own.

It is a big issue especially if the Bladers who experienced such unprofessionally designed part get rekt without any reparations reside not in the homeland of Beyblades. $75 ain't cheap, and it ain't worth the buck if we keep on getting duds (probably it is true that people speculate that the Burst mania is dying so TT is just striking the iron while its still hot). Basic design flaw is that they made the contact area with carp plastic that doesn't have any insulation/shock absorption inside (it doesn't need to be heavy, but it should still be sturdy), so tendency is that every hit to the contact area of the Driver means shaking the components within (like pro boxing where older boxers get scrambled brains with enough head damaging shots)
(Oct. 27, 2019  4:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2019  3:38 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: Guess time to get your  Sauter  kit and fix it if the wires broke or replace the interior but that about it

It's just too irritating that one must become an adept electrical mechanic just so you can fix and enjoy something that should be designed to withstand obvious stress. This is like using a glass hammer to pound on iron nails sheesh It also doesn't help that it's kinda hard to acquire the correct screwdriver type for tri-wing and triangle screws that they keep on using (which is good cuz we distinguish original from fake with those)

(Oct. 27, 2019  3:57 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: It seems as if a lot of beyblade youtubers in Japan have had this same issue. The only thing we can do is wait and see if TT will fix the issue on their own.

It is a big issue especially if the Bladers who experienced such unprofessionally designed part get rekt without any reparations reside not in the homeland of Beyblades. $75 ain't cheap, and it ain't worth the buck if we keep on getting duds (probably it is true that people speculate that the Burst mania is dying so TT is just striking the iron while its still hot). Basic design flaw is that they made the contact area with carp plastic that doesn't have any insulation/shock absorption inside (it doesn't need to be heavy, but it should still be sturdy), so tendency is that every hit to the contact area of the Driver means shaking the components within (like pro boxing where older boxers get scrambled brains with enough head damaging shots)

I know, I don't know if I'll buy this or not.
I'm getting it, but for the prime apocalypse and there other 2. Not sure about rG yet
(Oct. 27, 2019  9:22 PM)bekfastblader Wrote: I'm getting it, but for the prime apocalypse and there other 2. Not sure about rG yet

how does the naming work for these two? is it Pa and Ry?(y makes more sense than g to me)
(Oct. 27, 2019  11:55 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2019  9:22 PM)bekfastblader Wrote: I'm getting it, but for the prime apocalypse and there other 2. Not sure about rG yet

how does the naming work for these two? is it Pa and Ry?(y makes more sense than g to me)

idk the abrreviations tho just guessing
(Oct. 28, 2019  10:11 AM)bekfastblader Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2019  11:55 PM)Armor Wrote: how does the naming work for these two? is it Pa and Ry?(y makes more sense than g to me)

idk the abrreviations tho just guessing

Its called genesis but its denoted as Yenesis.
(Oct. 28, 2019  11:01 AM)Turbo blader Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  10:11 AM)bekfastblader Wrote: idk the abrreviations tho just guessing

Its called genesis but its denoted as Yenesis.

yeah lowercase y looks more like gamma
I'm in the US. Just got my set and after a few battles only the lights come on... I was more hyped for Apocalypse, especially after hearing this was a thing.
When I heard of this problem...
I was like “fudge dis sauce!” And bought me 2 sets!
If one breaks, I’ll have a fresh one to spare.... I hope I won’t have to use it tho...
Man this scares me as I'm about to unbox mine. I even went out in the cold today to buy LR44 batteries since I was told that they don't ship with any.
Let's pray Ignition' doesn't have this problem as well.
I don't know HOW this happened but, My hybrid driver changes direction while in battle back and forth like ignition, idk what happened but it changes back and forth from left and right in battle and this is the hybrid driver lol. Guess I don't have to buy imperial driver
(Nov. 08, 2019  2:34 AM)KnightPro Wrote: I don't know HOW this happened but, My hybrid driver changes direction while in battle back and forth like ignition, idk what happened but it changes back and forth from left and right in battle and this is the hybrid driver lol. Guess I don't have to buy imperial driver

I don't have the driver, but did you set the rotation in the right direction?
(Nov. 08, 2019  3:22 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2019  2:34 AM)KnightPro Wrote: I don't know HOW this happened but, My hybrid driver changes direction while in battle back and forth like ignition, idk what happened but it changes back and forth from left and right in battle and this is the hybrid driver lol. Guess I don't have to buy imperial driver

I don't have the driver, but did you set the rotation in the right direction?

Yea, No matter what switch I change it to it always switches mid battle to the opposite of what i set. Back and forth
So, my update is that after 2 or so weeks of not being home due to father duties, I revisited my box that contained Hybrid. I picked it up, almost certain it would never emit a whirring sound nor light up when I switch it on (because it got hit once by a stock Union Achilles combo testing by that time and it suddenly stopped lighting up).

I was surprised and thrilled to hear the familiar whir upon turning it on and also looked closely as the green light flickered again, strongly at that. Not sure why it had the temporary "breakage" but I'm quite happy it didn't die on me completely, but will just probably be a collection piece.

Edit: I tried the left spin Layer on right spin mode Hybrid, but it still doesn't have the ultimate spinny time for Burst... quite odd, or probably a fluke?
(Nov. 09, 2019  9:36 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: So, my update is that after 2 or so weeks of not being home due to father duties, I revisited my box that contained Hybrid. I picked it up, almost certain it would never emit a whirring sound nor light up when I switch it on (because it got hit once by a stock Union Achilles combo testing by that time and it suddenly stopped lighting up).

I was surprised and thrilled to hear the familiar whir upon turning it on and also looked closely as the green light flickered again, strongly at that. Not sure why it had the temporary "breakage" but I'm quite happy it didn't die on me completely, but will just probably be a collection piece.

Edit: I tried the left spin Layer on right spin mode Hybrid, but it still doesn't have the ultimate spinny time for Burst... quite odd, or probably a fluke?
Hybrid is used to boost the spin power of the existing spin direction of the layer. So left mode should be used for left layers, and right mode should be used for right layers.

(Nov. 08, 2019  5:15 AM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2019  3:22 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I don't have the driver, but did you set the rotation in the right direction?

Yea, No matter what switch I change it to it always switches mid battle to the opposite of what i set. Back and forth

Maybe just put it in the opposite of usual?
It is odd, but when I try to use left Layer on left mode, it becomes a semi-flower pattern attacker, but left Layer on right mode makes it a staller that revolves more than 8 times. Might have to watch Mack the Burst's vid again for that
It may be just my copy, but I've found out that the main reason the Driver dies upon impact is due to misalignment of one of the batteries (near the switch) that cuts off electric current and kills it mid-battle. What I did was to remove all batteries, and while the switch is still on, I put one battery back into the slots slowly. Once I have located which slot causes the problem, I put a bit of folded thick paper (with the weight added being very negligible, as I've checked in my digital weighing scale) in between the battery and the limit of the slot so as to maintain the current flow of electricity.

Now I'm using it for battle and so far it's been working well with czS on left spin Layer mode with a right spin Driver mode
My hybrid driver does not whir when it's turned on anymore. It brings up the green light, but focuses itself in the center of the arena, never spinning around. It doesn't have very good stamina overall as the green light only gives it a minor adjustment during the opening phase of a match, then turns off and allows the driver to be knocked over with relative ease. I consider mine broken.
(Nov. 22, 2019  8:10 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: My hybrid driver does not whir when it's turned on anymore. It brings up the green light, but focuses itself in the center of the arena, never spinning around. It doesn't have very good stamina overall as the green light only gives it a minor adjustment during the opening phase of a match, then turns off and allows the driver to be knocked over with relative ease. I consider mine broken.

Did you have that issue ootb or did that happen after battle?

Maybe the batteries are already weak, or you have not been launching your hardest?
It took a few good batterings from Judgment in a first to 3 and then this issue started up. Considering I use it with the Royal King Cho-Z Spriggan because I like the color coordination, I'm always launching my hardest.
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:37 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: It took a few good batterings from Judgment in a first to 3 and then this issue started up. Considering I use it with the Royal King Cho-Z Spriggan because I like the color coordination, I'm always launching my hardest.

Hm, might really be caused by those battles, that no whirring issue you mentioned. For some reason tho, mine's still moving no problem even when running through a gauntlet of 20+ test Beys. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Or better yet, have you tried experimenting with the battery positioning, since it may also be just the lack of power supply from all 3 batteries.