[Answered]  How do 5 and 0 compare for stamina?

I'm curious.
(Nov. 21, 2019  9:43 PM)Gember Wrote: I'm curious.

It depends what mold you get. Though most molds find that 5 has more raw stamina and burst resistance
You have no idea how much I wanted to know the answer for this.
0 is 1.73 grams heavier and thus superior to 5 in pure stamina. Both are comparably same balanced, 5 looks a bit more aggressive, but disc to layer contact is rare, so this doesn't make a difference.

The wiki sais 5 is a must have if u cant get 4. 7 is superior to 4. 0 is better than 7. So 5 is maybe the 3rd best choice after 0 ;-)
I believe 0 has more, but not by much and 5 has better burst resistance than 0 does.
(Nov. 21, 2019  11:39 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: 0 is 1.73 grams heavier and thus superior to 5 in pure stamina. Both are comparably same balanced, 5 looks a bit more aggressive, but disc to layer contact is rare, so this doesn't make a difference.

The wiki sais 5 is a must have if u cant get 4. 7 is superior to 4. 0 is better than 7. So 5 is maybe the 3rd best choice after 0 ;-)

Again, the wiki is outdated since it hasn’t been updated with GT parts, so don’t trust what the wiki says until someone updates it.
Just comparing disc to disc (or part to part) is kinda hard. A lot depends on how you are using them. Certain discs synergize with certain layers and drivers better than others. Also depends on what your battling against. Lots of variables. Based on popularity it seems more people prefer 0 to 5 but that doesn’t necessarily means it’s “better”.
(Nov. 21, 2019  11:39 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: 0 is 1.73 grams heavier and thus superior to 5 in pure stamina.  Both are comparably same balanced, 5 looks a bit more aggressive, but disc to layer contact is rare, so this doesn't make a difference.

The wiki sais 5 is a must have if u cant get 4. 7 is superior to 4. 0 is better than 7.  So 5 is maybe the 3rd best choice after 0 ;-)

Wait 0 is said to be worse than 5 for stamina. The IWD makes it have stamina similar to 2. Heavier doesn't mean more stamina, weight distribution matters.
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:47 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2019  11:39 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: 0 is 1.73 grams heavier and thus superior to 5 in pure stamina.  Both are comparably same balanced, 5 looks a bit more aggressive, but disc to layer contact is rare, so this doesn't make a difference.

The wiki sais 5 is a must have if u cant get 4. 7 is superior to 4. 0 is better than 7.  So 5 is maybe the 3rd best choice after 0 ;-)

Wait 0 is said to be worse than 5 for stamina. The IWD makes it have stamina similar to 2. Heavier doesn't mean more stamina, weight distribution matters.

But for you to not get KO'd all the time, raw weight matters a lot too, not just the weight distribution, (especially when GT allows you to modify such on your Layer Base choices)
BuilderROB: I know that the wiki is outdated. I realize this every day. As a newbie to beyblade I have to rely on what is  written in the wiki. But:

I only compared pre-GT discs. So it doesn't matter if GT discs have been evaluated or not.

Nevertheless, either we trust the wiki (of course only the pre-GT era) or we are lost. Update or shut it down ;-)

But this will be discussed somewhere else.

Armor: You say 0 has more outward weight distribution. I dont think so. It has roughly the same shape as 5, just a bit rounder. The short spikes of 5 cant be a huge difference concerning balance.

And: the wiki sais "0 has hight outward weight distribution" but its not telling the same about 5. So, either document verified examinations and arrange a wiki update, or believe what the wiki sais.
I personally like 0 better. Seems to just have better results more weight and a nice shape for stamina while also allowing its combo to have a decent amount of LAD even without a frame. That’s just my opinion tho XD
(Nov. 22, 2019  8:11 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: BuilderROB: I know that the wiki is outdated. I realize this every day. As a newbie to beyblade I have to rely on what is  written in the wiki. But:

I only compared pre-GT discs. So it doesn't matter if GT discs have been evaluated or not.

Nevertheless, either we trust the wiki (of course only the pre-GT era) or we are lost. Update or shut it down ;-)

But this will be discussed somewhere else.

Armor: You say 0 has more outward weight distribution. I dont think so. It has roughly the same shape as 5, just a bit rounder. The short spikes of 5 cant be a huge difference concerning balance.

And: the wiki sais "0 has hight outward weight distribution" but its not telling the same about 5. So, either document verified examinations and arrange a wiki update, or believe what the wiki sais.

Wait no, I was saying 0 has less OWD, not more. Where did you get that the wiki says that 0 has high OWD? Directly from the wiki" "The protrusions extend further and are thicker than most other Forge Discs which makes 0 the heaviest Forge Disc at the time of writing and implies high Outward Weight Distribution and Stamina potential. In reality however, more weight is focused towards the center, which creates Centralized Weight Distribution that reduces its Stamina to that of 2's. As such, 0 is outclassed by 7 for Stamina Combinations but 0's greater weight makes it ideal for Attack and Defense Combinations."

(Nov. 22, 2019  5:17 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: I personally like 0 better. Seems to just have better results more weight and a nice shape for stamina while also allowing its combo to have a decent amount of LAD even without a frame. That’s just my opinion tho XD

For me, 0 seems to be pretty trash for LAD. I don't understand why.
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:28 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:17 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: I personally like 0 better. Seems to just have better results more weight and a nice shape for stamina while also allowing its combo to have a decent amount of LAD even without a frame. That’s just my opinion tho XD
For me, 0 seems to be pretty trash for LAD. I don't understand why.

It's maybe because the underside that touches the stadium is jaggy-er than disks like 10 or something with cross.
(Nov. 23, 2019  8:31 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:28 PM)Armor Wrote: For me, 0 seems to be pretty trash for LAD. I don't understand why.

It's maybe because the underside that touches the stadium is jaggy-er than disks like 10 or something with cross.

I'm going to agree with you there.
From my experiences testing and weighing my own parts, here're my thoughts on this:

Basically, if your combo is supposed to have more Stamina:

00>10>7>0>5

If your combo is more on the Attack (meaning more heft and overall raw hitting power):

00>0>10>7>5

If you're going Frame-less (usually for low height high LAD Driver combos) or would be utilizing very circular Layers like Cosmo, Grand, etc:

00>10>7>0>5

For Burst Resistance alone (which is quite irrelevant with the number of heavier Layers now and still highly dependent on the Layer weight to Disk+Frame weight ratio):

5>7>10>0>00

I know 00, 7, and 10 are not part of the original discussion, but most of the comparisons above show that 5 is severely outclassed already by 0 and other Disks in many aspects.

Metagame-wise, 5 has been proven to be outclassed numerous times by the winning combo results. Heck, I know some players from Japan-rules tournaments held in our country have lost crucial slots due to using 5 for its supposedly good Burst resistance, which was quite a shame since it was already during the era of Chouzetsu Valkyrie and Spriggan, where Bursting was less of a concern over LAD and KO resistance.

Still, if you do push for 5, good luck (in tournaments) and have fun with Beyblades.
From various reports and tests I've come across, always all.of them touts 0 to have greater burst resistance than 10.
(Nov. 24, 2019  5:51 PM)Biggster Wrote: From various reports and tests I've come across, always all.of them touts 0 to have greater burst resistance than 10.

I guess 0 is slightly better than 10 in Burst resistance generally (my best copy of 10 seems to provide a different result against 0 on that regard) but that is highly dependent on the combo used. My rule of thumb is that the degree of OWD is inversely proportional to overall Burst resistance (without factoring in Dash Drivers and very strong Layer/Chip teeth), which is why you'd normally not want to put high OWD in gum-teeth Layers unless you're going for spin equalization which lessens Burst risk. Also, overall Disk+Frame and Driver weight should be less or equal to the overall Layer weight if you want to mitigate Burst risk when not using Dash Drivers or good teeth, which is why 5 (being lighter than 0) has very good Burst resistance alone but doesn't do well for KO resistance when pitted against a heavier combo (for example utilizing 0) or even stamina-wise.
IWD seems to only be good for spin equalization, am I wrong?
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:24 AM)Armor Wrote: IWD seems to only be good for spin equalization, am I wrong?

I'm inclined to think otherwise since spin equalization means you try to outlast the opposite spin, but it will still depend on the parts you are using. IWD may be most suitable for pure Defense and pure solid Smash Attackers, but OWD and heavier overall combo weights have far better chances for versatility in tournaments.
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:37 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:24 AM)Armor Wrote: IWD seems to only be good for spin equalization, am I wrong?

I'm inclined to think otherwise since spin equalization means you try to outlast the opposite spin, but it will still depend on the parts you are using. IWD may be most suitable for pure Defense and pure solid Smash Attackers, but OWD and heavier overall combo weights have far better chances for versatility in tournaments.

I thought OWD was better for attack since then you have more weight at the attack point?
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:59 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:37 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'm inclined to think otherwise since spin equalization means you try to outlast the opposite spin, but it will still depend on the parts you are using. IWD may be most suitable for pure Defense and pure solid Smash Attackers, but OWD and heavier overall combo weights have far better chances for versatility in tournaments.

I thought OWD was better for attack since then you have more weight at the attack point?

OWD would be preferable if you are willing to gamble your combo's Burst resistance and if your Layer/Base already has OWD due to strategic metal placement (like aH for Chouzetsu or Zwei for GT). Of course, that risk is quite negligible nowadays with the existence of Dash Drivers as well as stronger teeth in GT Chips, along with balancing out the weight in relation to the Layer itself (again, if Layer weight is greater than the rest of its combo, the Burst risk goes up, and vice versa; higher OWD of Disk in a combo also directly affects Burst risk, you just have to test things out and see for yourself the results). 

IWD makes your attacking Bey less wobbly and theoretically have more inertia since the weight concentration is from its center. Just to reiterate, it still is up to your preference and personal tests if a certain combo falls perfectly into your playstyle and battle dynamics.
(Nov. 25, 2019  3:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:59 AM)Armor Wrote: I thought OWD was better for attack since then you have more weight at the attack point?

OWD would be preferable if you are willing to gamble your combo's Burst resistance and if your Layer/Base already has OWD due to strategic metal placement (like aH for Chouzetsu or Zwei for GT). Of course, that risk is quite negligible nowadays with the existence of Dash Drivers as well as stronger teeth in GT Chips, along with balancing out the weight in relation to the Layer itself (again, if Layer weight is greater than the rest of its combo, the Burst risk goes up, and vice versa; higher OWD of Disk in a combo also directly affects Burst risk, you just have to test things out and see for yourself the results). 

IWD makes your attacking Bey less wobbly and theoretically have more inertia since the weight concentration is from its center. Just to reiterate, it still is up to your preference and personal tests if a certain combo falls perfectly into your playstyle and battle dynamics.

I never considered it to be a wobbly kind of thing. I do understand your reference of inertia, as I remember reading somewhere about how IWD increases spin velocity, or something like that.
(Nov. 25, 2019  4:35 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  3:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: OWD would be preferable if you are willing to gamble your combo's Burst resistance and if your Layer/Base already has OWD due to strategic metal placement (like aH for Chouzetsu or Zwei for GT). Of course, that risk is quite negligible nowadays with the existence of Dash Drivers as well as stronger teeth in GT Chips, along with balancing out the weight in relation to the Layer itself (again, if Layer weight is greater than the rest of its combo, the Burst risk goes up, and vice versa; higher OWD of Disk in a combo also directly affects Burst risk, you just have to test things out and see for yourself the results). 

I never considered it to be a wobbly kind of thing. I do understand your reference of inertia, as I remember reading somewhere about how IWD increases spin velocity, or something like that.

Well, for the sake of this thread, 0 on an attack setup would be slightly slower but would smash harder than 5. 

For the other discussion about OWD vs IWD, you can try experimenting between 00 and 0 on rubber attack setups against a heavy stationary Defense combo and you should be able to note that the frequency, steepness, and smash power difference is really evident.
(again, if Layer weight is greater than the rest of its combo, the Burst risk goes up, and vice versa

I think you meant that layer weight is lesser.
0 is heavier but 5 i think has better stamina