[Answered]  Help with Friction

Hello!

I wanted to see how good friction is since I don't have any good stamina drivers... BUT I don't have Revive Phoenix (more like I can't afford it) I have seen some threads but they are mainly for the layer not the driver
I have both, but all I can say is that frixy is not as good as you may think.
We have had good results using rP with Friction, but started testing with Atomic and it seems to be MUCH stronger.
(Jul. 24, 2018  9:08 PM)Beymax Wrote: We have had good results using rP with Friction, but started testing with Atomic and it seems to be MUCH stronger.

How do you think it will be on hS?
Let me test that and get back to you. We have two hS so I’ll run some tests in stock configuration versus the friction tip and post results
Yeah man,I also want hs on friction to be tested
I’ll run those tests tonight or tomorrow and post the results
(Jul. 25, 2018  6:07 PM)Beymax Wrote: I’ll run those tests tonight or tomorrow and post the results

Okie then (´・ω・`)
Are there specific Hell Salamander/Friction combos you're looking for? Versus any other specific drivers on the same combos? I can get those done today so there's a bigger pool of results when Beymax is finished his testing. Joyful_3
(Jul. 25, 2018  8:48 PM)sonyat Wrote: Are there specific Hell Salamander/Friction combos you're looking for? Versus any other specific drivers on the same combos? I can get those done today so there's a bigger pool of results when Beymax is finished his testing. Joyful_3

Oh yes! I'm looking to see how friction will work on hell salamander 7 bump/cross and comparing it to eternal

Thanks in advance (´・ω・`)
Okay, my testing's done! :) I did 20 rounds per combo, 10 each to compensate for launching since I do my testing alone. Launches were standard, moderate strength.

hS.7B.Et launched first: 6/10 matches won; 1 match won by over finish.
hS.7B.Et launched second: 3/10 matches won; 1 match won by burst finish.

hS.7B.Fr launched first: 7/10 matches won; 2 matches won by over finish, 1 match won by burst finish.
hS.7B.Fr launched second: 4/10 matches won; all spin finish.

hS.7C.Et launched first: 9/10 matches won; all spin finish.
hS.7C.Et launched second: 8/10 matches won; 1 match won by over finish.

hS.7C.Fr launched first: 2/10 matches won; 1 match won by burst finish.
hS.7C.Fr launched second: 1/10 matches won; all spin finish.

As you can see, hS.7C.Fr got obliterated. Friction doesn't have the balance nor LAD that Hell Salamander on 7C needs to win. Bump grants far more balance on Friction for this particular combo and hits fairly hard. 

IMO, Friction still has a lot of potential, but isn't a top tier stamina driver. I really like it and will be surprised if it doesn't find a useful niche. Its stamina is honestly pretty good across the board with various combos, and it gets a notable amount of knockouts and some bursts (in previous testing on different combos). Atomic and Bearing continue to reign supreme in regards to pure stamina, though.

Ah, forgot to add there were two double bursts with the Cross combo.
(Jul. 26, 2018  12:06 AM)sonyat Wrote: Okay, my testing's done! Smile I did 20 rounds per combo, 10 each to compensate for launching since I do my testing alone. Launches were standard, moderate strength.

hS.7B.Et launched first: 6/10 matches won; 1 match won by over finish.
hS.7B.Et launched second: 3/10 matches won; 1 match won by burst finish.

hS.7B.Fr launched first: 7/10 matches won; 2 matches won by over finish, 1 match won by burst finish.
hS.7B.Fr launched second: 4/10 matches won; all spin finish.

hS.7C.Et launched first: 9/10 matches won; all spin finish.
hS.7C.Et launched second: 8/10 matches won; 1 match won by over finish.

hS.7C.Fr launched first: 2/10 matches won; 1 match won by burst finish.
hS.7C.Fr launched second: 1/10 matches won; all spin finish.

As you can see, hS.7C.Fr got obliterated. Friction doesn't have the balance nor LAD that Hell Salamander on 7C needs to win. Bump grants far more balance on Friction for this particular combo and hits fairly hard. 

IMO, Friction still has a lot of potential, but isn't a top tier stamina driver. I really like it and will be surprised if it doesn't find a useful niche. Its stamina is honestly pretty good across the board with various combos, and it gets a notable amount of knockouts and some bursts (in previous testing on different combos). Atomic and Bearing continue to reign supreme in regards to pure stamina, though.

Ah, forgot to add there were two double bursts with the Cross combo.

Thanks soo much for the testing I really appreciate it! I was trying to get a better driver for hS since orbit doesn't work in my experience and its on eF right now. I think I'm going to get eternal and try to get friction (atomic and bearing are so expensive)
His testing was much more extensive than mine, but my son and I tested hS stock tip in both defense and attack configurations against first friction, then atomic, then tested friction vs. atomic.

We launched simultaneously, both using a B-119 launcher, essentially flat. Friction did well versus the defense setting, going 4-0-1. Against the attack setting it was a straight 5-0 for the friction driver. With the bearing tip, it was even more lopsided, the only time in 10 battles that the Atomic lost was when I launched directly into a hole without being touched...

From this, we expected Atomic to essentially own the Friction tip and we were right. In 10 battles between friction and Atomic, Atomic won 8-0-2!
(Jul. 26, 2018  3:14 PM)Beymax Wrote: His testing was much more extensive than mine, but my son and I tested hS stock tip in both defense and attack configurations against first friction,  then atomic, then tested friction vs. atomic.

We launched simultaneously, both using a B-119 launcher, essentially flat. Friction did well versus the defense setting, going 4-0-1. Against the attack setting it was a straight 5-0 for the friction driver. With the bearing tip, it was even more lopsided, the only time in 10 battles that the Atomic lost was when I launched directly into a hole without being touched...

From this, we expected Atomic to essentially own the Friction tip and we were right. In 10 battles between friction and Atomic, Atomic won 8-0-2!

Thank you for helping me with your testing ٩(。・ω・。)و I see that friction isn't the best (of course atomic wins everything) But I think it will be useful for something else just maybe not for pure stamina.