[Answered]  Hasbro vs TT - general quality

Hello everyone,
I’m looking to get into Beyblade Burst with my s/o for casual play. We’d just be playing against one another, no tournaments or anything. 

We’ve already got a handful of Hasbro blades and stadium. I was wondering if it would be worth it to invest in Japanese blades or stadiums. The stadium I’m most curious about, since they look different than Hasbro ones.

The stadium I’m currently eyeing is the Super Z Battle Set from 2018. 

Thanks for any input or help!
-mk
you can think of the hasbro system as almost a knock off version of the TT system

bad stadiums, launchers, and no god chips

you’ll hear hasbro slopes don’t wear down like TT teeth, but that’s not true. everything wears down.
The Takara Tomy Standard Stadium is simply a must even for Hasbro collectors as the Takara Tomy Stadium is currently the only tournament legal stadium

As for Beyblades themselves, Takara Tomy has greater versatility in top-tier parts. Hasbro's slopes method has severely nerfed a lot of Layers that were top-tier in Takara Tomy's format so now there are only 4 viable Layers in Hasbro.
Hasbro tends to have mold variation. Where someones combo may preform better than others even though the two use the same parts. The biggest culprit is the needle driver. It tends to have either a normal or heavy spring.

Also I have gotten two hasbro beys that had "Defects". One was an O2 with a deformed triple preventing it from bursting. The other was a lS3 with striped screws.
The TT Standard Type Stadium is found in that B-107 set you're eyeing, so I say go for it if you're interested. Just be aware that Winning Valkyrie's 12 disc needs a frame on it because its design has a flaw that causes it to easily damage other Beyblades. Otherwise, try to find B-09 or B-33, which is just the stadium by itself.

What makes the Standard Type Stadium so good is that it better allows there to be balance between attack, defense, and stamina types. Attack types usually get the short end of the stick in stadium designs.

Honestly, if choosing between TT and Hasbro for casual play, I think it's a bigger matter of (1) can you buy Hasbro locally easily and (2) do you want the latest or do you not care?

#1 - I can't find Hasbro easily, my stores are always out, so I have to pay as much (if not more) than buying TT beys because they are more expensive to buy online than in store due to lack of Hasbro stock. So Hasbro is cheaper if you can buy in-store, but otherwise, only the most recent releases get reasonably priced (for a limited time) online.

#2 - If you want the latest, TT is the way to go. Hasbro is like 6+ months behind.

Just know that you can't mix Hasbro and TT Burst parts. The discs at best, but the other parts will get damaged.
There have pros and cons(my opinion basically):
Hasbro pros: *Valor-H
*Less dangerous (i mean, the layer can hit you in the face sometimes(me))
*Better for minors
*Have some exclusives
* Each series has a different system(slingshock,HS and Speedstorm)
Cons:
* Slopes
* Majority of the beys don't have their gimmicks because of the serie system
* Lacks on metal on the layer.
* The different system stadiums doesn't have a good compatibility with other series beys (slingshock on HS stadium = every bey flying)
Mid-pros/cons(neutral):
* Less complex
(Feb. 14, 2021  6:28 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: There have pros and cons(my opinion basically):
Hasbro pros: *Valor-H
*Less dangerous (i mean, the layer can hit you in the face sometimes(me))
*Better for minors
*Have some exclusives
* Each series has a different system(slingshock,HS and Speedstorm)
Cons:
* Slopes
* Majority of the beys don't have their gimmicks because of the serie system
* Lacks on metal on the layer.
* The different system stadiums doesn't have a good compatibility with other series beys (slingshock on HS stadium = every bey flying)
Mid-pros/cons(neutral):
* Less complex

Hey Hollowmind8,

While we always want to encourage posting & conversations, please don’t revive threads that haven’t been posted on in over 2 years. This is considered necro-posting. If you make a habit of it, it could lead to a warning %. No big deal this time but keep it in mind for the future please. Thank you 👍🏼