[Answered]  Fake Gen Weight on Ebay

I don't usually condone anyone to buy fakes, but for the prices Gen weights are currently, and how close these fakes are compared to the real ones, why not? My only problem is I cant seem to find them on Ebay anywhere! If anyone can post a link with a reliable seller that has em, I'd appreciate it!
Again, don't buy fakes, they're not tournament legal.

Gen is being rereleased as part of the GT Triple Booster Set which retails for about $33 MSRP. It will have more reasonable prices on eBay and other sites soon.
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:18 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Again, don't buy fakes, they're not tournament legal.

Gen is being rereleased as part of the GT Triple Booster Set which retails for about $33 MSRP. It will have more reasonable prices on eBay and other sites soon.

I totally get what you're saying, but we're not talking about a beyblade here, it's a piece of rubber that sells for over 50$CAD. It's stupid. 

Apparently they're being sold for a few dollars on ebay and they're practically identical. In my opinion that's totally worth it. 

If I ever enter a tournament I'll have the one from the triple set coming out to use, if i just want to have fun with friends (which we all do a lot more often) and need extras, you really think paying that price is worth it?
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:53 PM)Crumok Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:18 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Again, don't buy fakes, they're not tournament legal.

I totally get what you're saying, but we're not talking about a beyblade here, it's a piece of rubber that sells for over 50$CAD. It's stupid. 

Apparently they're being sold for a few dollars on ebay and they're practically identical. In my opinion that's totally worth it. 

If I ever enter a tournament I'll have the one from the triple set coming out to use, if i just want to have fun with friends (which we all do a lot more often) and need extras, you really think paying that price is worth it?

If you got the dough, buy the legit ones whenever. If you have meager resources, you might be better off buying some of those fake copies (but still, no to fakes at all). If you're a peasant like me, 

I do my own "copies" from whatever I could find, since I'm too overage to compete in carppy mall tournaments restricted for 13 below, plus there are only around 1 or 2 tournament organizers in our country (not mall-licensed), so I end up playing by myself without restrictions. 

I did make my own "Gen Weight" using leather scraps and it can actually be used alongside the legit Weights = almost 0% Burst Rate with the weight advantage. Of course it is illegal, yada yada, but if you'll be playing without too many restrictions, then go have fun. 

Just don't turn to fakes every time you can't afford or snag a Takara Tomy Beyblade product online. I'd consider Hasbro almost at the same level of fakes (though I know area limitations inhibit Western market from getting supplies directly with Takara Tomy hence the massive overflow of majorly carp Hasbro metal-less Chouzetsu products) except fakes have metal on them. Still, avoid fakes as much as possible.

Just my opinion, don't take my word for truth. Some Beytubers turn to fakes for viewing content but at the end of the day keep on bashing those for not having the right parts/gimmicks.
(Jul. 14, 2019  4:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:53 PM)Crumok Wrote: I totally get what you're saying, but we're not talking about a beyblade here, it's a piece of rubber that sells for over 50$CAD. It's stupid. 

If you got the dough, buy the legit ones whenever. If you have meager resources, you might be better off buying some of those fake copies (but still, no to fakes at all). If you're a peasant like me, 

I do my own "copies" from whatever I could find, since I'm too overage to compete in carppy mall tournaments restricted for 13 below, plus there are only around 1 or 2 tournament organizers in our country (not mall-licensed), so I end up playing by myself without restrictions. 

I did make my own "Gen Weight" using leather scraps and it can actually be used alongside the legit Weights = almost 0% Burst Rate with the weight advantage. Of course it is illegal, yada yada, but if you'll be playing without too many restrictions, then go have fun. 

Just don't turn to fakes every time you can't afford or snag a Takara Tomy Beyblade product online. I'd consider Hasbro almost at the same level of fakes (though I know area limitations inhibit Western market from getting supplies directly with Takara Tomy hence the massive overflow of majorly carp Hasbro metal-less Chouzetsu products) except fakes have metal on them. Still, avoid fakes as much as possible.

Just my opinion, don't take my word for truth. Some Beytubers turn to fakes for viewing content but at the end of the day keep on bashing those for not having the right parts/gimmicks.

I understand people's hesitation to buying fakes. But as I stated previously, I'm just looking for the Gen weights so I can have extras. 

If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.
Idk why people are so quick to criticize instead of helping out. Anyway, I could only find fake 幻 Weights included in sets that come with fake Beys. This one claims to have a Dread Bahamut with the Ratchet Disk and the 天 weight (idk the driver) and it also comes with a golden Long BeyLauncher LR and a fake 幻 Weight. Idk if it’s worth 10 bucks if all you wanted was the 幻 Weight, but I guess you could do some interesting mods with the fake DB.
(Jul. 14, 2019  7:28 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Idk why people are so quick to criticize instead of helping out. Anyway, I could only find fake 幻 Weights included in sets that come with fake Beys. This one claims to have a Dread Bahamut with the Ratchet Disk and the 天 weight (idk the driver) and it also comes with a golden Long BeyLauncher LR and a fake 幻 Weight. Idk if it’s worth 10 bucks if all you wanted was the 幻 Weight, but I guess you could do some interesting mods with the fake DB.

Honestly, the word "fake" is so taboo now (understandably so) that people just rise up to make sure you don't mess up. 

But thank YOU for answering my question! I think thats why I had such difficulty finding them, I was looking just for the weight. Much appreciated!!
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:06 PM)Crumok Wrote: I don't usually condone anyone to buy fakes, but for the prices Gen weights are currently, and how close these fakes are compared to the real ones, why not? My only problem is I cant seem to find them on Ebay anywhere! If anyone can post a link with a reliable seller that has em, I'd appreciate it!

There you go man, it's just 3 dollars.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Layer-Weight-Be...SwyhNdJabA
(Aug. 10, 2019  10:52 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  11:06 PM)Crumok Wrote: I don't usually condone anyone to buy fakes, but for the prices Gen weights are currently, and how close these fakes are compared to the real ones, why not? My only problem is I cant seem to find them on Ebay anywhere! If anyone can post a link with a reliable seller that has em, I'd appreciate it!

There you go man, it's just 3 dollars.

Already found them. Thanks man.
(Aug. 11, 2019  12:28 AM)Crumok Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2019  10:52 PM)g2_ Wrote: There you go man, it's just 3 dollars.

Already found them. Thanks man.
You're welcome.