[Answered]  Emperor Forneus' Driver: Yard Issue

I have a question, my Emperor Forneus doesn't roam around the stadium, it just stays in the middle, is there something wrong with my driver or performance tip? Can anyone answer me with the possible factors that could cause this and some of the solutions to make it more free spinning or make it spin around the stadium like it's supposed to?
(Aug. 16, 2018  5:25 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I have a question, my Emperor Forneus doesn't roam around the stadium, it just stays in the middle, is there something wrong with my driver or performance tip? Can anyone answer me with the possible factors that could cause this and some of the solutions to make it more free spinning or make it spin around the stadium like it's supposed to?

Sometimes ball tips like yard has a rough cut meaning there is a sharp plastic edge on the ball that prevents it from fully free spinning. That's how my orbit and yard was. Just keep playing with it and it will wear down eventually.

Also ball tips aren't always aggressive. Sometimes its the way you launch it that affects the way it moves so it could just be you
(Aug. 16, 2018  6:57 AM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  5:25 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I have a question, my Emperor Forneus doesn't roam around the stadium, it just stays in the middle, is there something wrong with my driver or performance tip? Can anyone answer me with the possible factors that could cause this and some of the solutions to make it more free spinning or make it spin around the stadium like it's supposed to?

Sometimes ball tips like yard has a rough cut meaning there is a sharp plastic edge on the ball that prevents it from fully free spinning. That's how my orbit and yard was. Just keep playing with it and it will wear down eventually.

Also ball tips aren't always aggressive. Sometimes its the way you launch it that affects the way it moves so it could just be you

I do hope so, but it seems to have a slightly hollowed part, like a cut from manufacturing/production process, along the lines or seams at the sides of products or toys that we usually see, is it really like that or it shouldn't be, I just took some photos, I could post them here if you need to see it.
(Aug. 16, 2018  8:29 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  6:57 AM)Valkyriology Wrote: Sometimes ball tips like yard has a rough cut meaning there is a sharp plastic edge on the ball that prevents it from fully free spinning. That's how my orbit and yard was. Just keep playing with it and it will wear down eventually.

I do hope so, but it seems to have a slightly hollowed part, like a cut from manufacturing/production process, along the lines or seams at the sides of products or toys that we usually see, is it really like that or it shouldn't be, I just took some photos, I could post them here if you need to see it.

If you could post the photos that would be great
(Aug. 16, 2018  9:56 AM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  8:29 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I do hope so, but it seems to have a slightly hollowed part, like a cut from manufacturing/production process, along the lines or seams at the sides of products or toys that we usually see, is it really like that or it shouldn't be, I just took some photos, I could post them here if you need to see it.

If you could post the photos that would great
Inspect the driver, you can see the slightly hollowed part, like it is from a manufacturing/production proces where it closes the seams of the plastic, instead of an extra cut on which there is a small excess plastic, it is left with a slighly, narrow, concave graze. https://imgur.com/a/ljlEJ9w
(Aug. 16, 2018  10:58 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  9:56 AM)Valkyriology Wrote: If you could post the photos that would great
Inspect the driver, you can see the slightly hollowed part, like it is from a manufacturing/production proces where it closes the seams of the plastic, instead of an extra cut on which there is a small excess plastic, it is left with a slighly, narrow, concave graze. https://imgur.com/a/ljlEJ9w

Yes I see it now. Still that shouldn't have too much of an effect on the performance of the driver. I think you should just wait and see if it's still not working for you.
It's just a bummer, it doesn't perform like it's supposed to. Can you recommens any solutions?

(Aug. 16, 2018  12:17 PM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  10:58 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Inspect the driver, you can see the slightly hollowed part, like it is from a manufacturing/production proces where it closes the seams of the plastic, instead of an extra cut on which there is a small excess plastic, it is left with a slighly, narrow, concave graze. https://imgur.com/a/ljlEJ9w

Yes I see it now. Still that shouldn't have too much of an effect on the performance of the driver. I think you should just wait and see if it's still not working for you.

Any solutions to make it more free spinning?
(Aug. 16, 2018  12:59 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: It's just a bummer, it doesn't perform like it's supposed to. Can you recommens any solutions?

(Aug. 16, 2018  12:17 PM)Valkyriology Wrote: Yes I see it now. Still that shouldn't have too much of an effect on the performance of the driver. I think you should just wait and see if it's still not working for you.

Any solutions to make it more free spinning?

Honestly not really. Really the only other thing I can think of is buying another yard. (You could take it apart but that would require way too much work and its not guaranteed it will work)

If you do want to buy another yard I could give you a seller that I get seperate parts from
I don't know about that, I live in the Philippines. Doyou think that the graze of the ball doesn't affect the performance and spin at all?
(Aug. 16, 2018  1:47 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I don't know about that, I live in the Philippines. Doyou think that the graze of the ball doesn't affect the performance and spin at all?

I don't think it affects THAT MUCH , but it matters if you take part in tournaments ( or championship )
(Aug. 16, 2018  1:53 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  1:47 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I don't know about that, I live in the Philippines. Doyou think that the graze of the ball doesn't affect the performance and spin at all?

I don't think it affects THAT MUCH , but it matters if you take part in tournaments ( or championship )

Is it the cause on why it doesn't roam around the stadium and only stays in the center?
(Aug. 16, 2018  2:24 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  1:53 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: I don't think it affects THAT MUCH , but it matters if you take part in tournaments ( or championship )

Is it the cause on why it doesn't roam around the stadium and only stays in the center?

Ball tips are not agressive normally, tough Powerful Launch and angle can change its mobility
Yard has a ball closer in size to orbit than atomic if I am correct. Compare movement to orbit instead of atomic.

My atomic driver circles on a hard launch before settling in the center while my orbit driver stays near the center.

It seems smaller the ball the less movement it has.
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:33 PM)MWF Wrote: Yard has a ball closer in size to orbit than atomic if I am correct. Compare movement to orbit instead of atomic.

My atomic driver circles on a hard launch before settling in the center while my orbit driver stays near the center.

Not always , Orbit also had the potential to circle around the tornado ridge ( evem more than what Atomic did ) , ( BUT , this is all related to the LAUNCH METHOD you are using )
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:36 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:33 PM)MWF Wrote: Yard has a ball closer in size to orbit than atomic if I am correct. Compare movement to orbit instead of atomic.

Not always , Orbit also had the potential to circle around the tornado ridge ( evem more than what Atomic did ) , ( BUT , this is all related to the LAUNCH METHOD you are using )

The movement I was talking about was on a powerful flat launch.
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:39 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:36 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Not always , Orbit also had the potential to circle around the tornado ridge ( evem more than what Atomic did ) , ( BUT , this is all related to the LAUNCH METHOD you are using )

The movement I was talking about was on a powerful flat launch.

Then you have a very stable launch. However, what he/she (@[GOD CHIPS]) is talking about is when you retract or kind of pull back your launcher while launching. This grips the three 'spikes' located on the outer areas of the driver and those will grip the ridge to create momentum. Atomic also has such trajectory due to a similar reason. However, At has a free spinning ring...
(Aug. 16, 2018  5:37 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  4:39 PM)MWF Wrote: The movement I was talking about was on a powerful flat launch.

Then you have a very stable launch. However, what he/she (@[GOD CHIPS]) is talking about is when you retract or kind of pull back your launcher while launching. This grips the three 'spikes' located on the outer areas of the driver and those will grip the ridge to create momentum. Atomic also has such trajectory due to a similar reason. However, At has a free spinning ring...

IT is actually HE
(Aug. 16, 2018  5:45 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2018  5:37 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Then you have a very stable launch. However, what he/she (@[GOD CHIPS]) is talking about is when you retract or kind of pull back your launcher while launching. This grips the three 'spikes' located on the outer areas of the driver and those will grip the ridge to create momentum. Atomic also has such trajectory due to a similar reason. However, At has a free spinning ring...

IT is actually HE

So the main factor is still the ball's graze? Then the strength of the launch? Maybe I'm not used to string launchers, should I buy the digital sword launcher too and try to reach 2k strength of launch to see if it's really the driver that's causing it not to roam around the stadium and only spins in the center?
Alright for some reason I've used Yard a lot so I can give my two cents: Tilting the launcher will make the bey stay in center. Whether you push it or not banking will make the yard user stay in center. So if you want agressive pattern launch straight. And hard.
(Aug. 17, 2018  8:06 PM)Limetka Wrote: Alright for some reason I've used Yard a lot so I can give my two cents: Tilting the launcher will make the bey stay in center. Whether you push it or not banking will make the yard user stay in center. So if you want agressive pattern launch straight. And hard.

I tried launching it straight, leveled and hard, it does spins a little around the center for a few seconds, then it gets right back in the center, I keep seeing videos of Yard circling around the stadium, spinning around the edges of the stadium a little longer until it settles to the center, that's what made me wonder why my driver only stays in the middle or acts this way.
(Aug. 17, 2018  8:23 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2018  8:06 PM)Limetka Wrote: Alright for some reason I've used Yard a lot so I can give my two cents: Tilting the launcher will make the bey stay in center. Whether you push it or not banking will make the yard user stay in center. So if you want agressive pattern launch straight. And hard.

I tried launching it straight, leveled and hard, it does spins a little around the center for a few seconds, then it gets right back in the center, I keep seeing videos of Yard circling around the stadium, spinning around the edges of the stadium a little longer until it settles to the center, that's what made me wonder why my driver only stays in the middle or acts this way.
To be honest, it's better off staying in the center so it doesn't get knocked out easily
Should I try sand paper? Is it safe, guys, is it effective, will it be more free spinning?
(Aug. 18, 2018  12:29 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Should I try sand paper? Is it safe, guys, is it effective, will it be more free spinning?

That will be illegal. Use it, it will wearw out
(Aug. 18, 2018  1:10 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2018  12:29 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Should I try sand paper? Is it safe, guys, is it effective, will it be more free spinning?

That will be illegal. Use it, it will wearw out

I never planned to use it in official tournaments, I just want to see if I could make it more free spinnig. Will it destroy the driver instead?
(Aug. 18, 2018  1:26 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2018  1:10 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: That will be illegal. Use it, it will wearw out

I never planned to use it in official tournaments, I just want to see if I could make it more free spinnig. Will it destroy the driver instead?

No , unless if you rub/use it too hard ( the sandpaper )