[Answered]  8 disk vs 0 disk

Which disk has better performance in Both competitive and in stamina?
0 is just better. The only thing 8 would be better than 0 for is burst resistance since it’s lighter. 0 is heavier, more round, and has inward weight which can be useful for defense and destabilizing
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:46 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: 0 is just better. The only thing 8 would be better than 0 for is burst resistance since it’s lighter. 0 is heavier, more round, and has inward weight which can be useful for defense and destabilizing

Wait, I though heavy discs for burst resistance is the new meta since Evolution? In that case I think 0 is better all round performance while 8 maybe for stamina (00/7 better)
(Jan. 18, 2022  3:08 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:46 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: 0 is just better. The only thing 8 would be better than 0 for is burst resistance since it’s lighter. 0 is heavier, more round, and has inward weight which can be useful for defense and destabilizing

Wait, I though heavy discs for burst resistance is the new meta since Evolution? In that case I think 0 is better all round performance while 8 maybe for stamina (00/7 better)

Heavier isn't always better. In some cases, a heavier disc with more OWD will weaken it. More mass translates to more rotational inertia. The disc is more likely to keep rotating when the layer is hit, which can cause the lock mechanism to advance.
(Jan. 18, 2022  3:08 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:

The disc and layer move independently and god layers have small teeth so the heavier the disc is more likely it will move while the layer stops for a fraction of a second when hitting another bey.
8 is indeed lighter but it has OWD, decreasing burst resistance. (edit: I could be wrong)
8 forge disc Wiki overall
0 Forge disc Wiki overall
TL;DR: 0 is very good, while 8 is burst-y because of the OWD
(Jan. 18, 2022  7:35 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
8 is indeed lighter but it has OWD, decreasing burst resistance.
8 forge disc Wiki overall
0 Forge disc Wiki overall
TL;DR: 0 is very good, while 8 is burst-y because of the OWD
Sorry to burst your bubble, but bey-wiki’s descriptions are usually not right. Even if it’s weight is outward, that’s only because the inside has holes which take away that weight. It’s not extra weight added to the outside, it’s less weight on the inside. There’s a difference. Because weight is taken away it’s still light and since there’s not actually extra weight outside it doesn’t decrease burst resistance. 8 and 5 are 2 of the best discs for burst resistance because of their weight. 8’ might be the best disc for burst resistance in my opinion because it’s so thin and light with still a round shape.