[Answered]  3d printed level chips

Since I'm in contact with someone who's designing a 3d printable level chip would they be legal if we can nail down a standard for weight, material, etc? 3d printed level chips seem like a good alternative to the real ones, cuz the real ones are near impossible to get, or expensive to get, and 3d printed ones would be like 50 chips for a dollar.
Kei said no, they wouldn't be legal:

(Apr. 19, 2018  5:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Would love to see people try to make 3D printed Level Chips, but just going to say it now: they would never be made legal for WBO tournaments. We don't want to create an expectation that players either need to buy a real Level Chip (which is probably expensive?) from an auction or go through the trouble of having one created. There would also be the issue of ensuring the quality remains the same for everyone, something which would be extremely difficult to enforce globally.

Anyways, I can't imagine them not releasing it more widely in the future, but it's still pretty insane to me that this is limited to tournament winners currently. Do we know if there is any ruling for TAKARA-TOMY events about its usage? Seems like it might just help the tournament winners win more at this point.

And to be clear: Level Chips are currently legal for WBO events as we try to get a sense of what level of advantage they actually provide. But I'd imagine we will probably make them illegal for the time being shortly.
(May. 06, 2018  9:30 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Kei said no, they wouldn't be legal:

(Apr. 19, 2018  5:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Would love to see people try to make 3D printed Level Chips, but just going to say it now: they would never be made legal for WBO tournaments. We don't want to create an expectation that players either need to buy a real Level Chip (which is probably expensive?) from an auction or go through the trouble of having one created. There would also be the issue of ensuring the quality remains the same for everyone, something which would be extremely difficult to enforce globally.

Anyways, I can't imagine them not releasing it more widely in the future, but it's still pretty insane to me that this is limited to tournament winners currently. Do we know if there is any ruling for TAKARA-TOMY events about its usage? Seems like it might just help the tournament winners win more at this point.

And to be clear: Level Chips are currently legal for WBO events as we try to get a sense of what level of advantage they actually provide. But I'd imagine we will probably make them illegal for the time being shortly.
Oh, guess this thread is pointless
Nah, it's not pointless. I'm sure others will get the same question and now this thread is here to help them out.
Kei ruining everyone's fun lol. Kidding kidding... Kinda.
(May. 07, 2018  5:03 AM)TheBOI Wrote: Cool! How about layers?

I wish. That would be legit. I have so many "Requiem" design ideas
(May. 07, 2018  5:21 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote:

if by “requiem” you mean high defensive OP, check out this 3D printed layer and driver (metal ball atomic):

(May. 06, 2018  8:52 PM)K1D Wrote: Since I'm in contact with someone who's designing a 3d printable level chip would they be legal if we can nail down a standard for weight, material, etc? 3d printed level chips seem like a good alternative to the real ones, cuz the real ones are near impossible to get, or expensive to get, and 3d printed ones would be like 50 chips for a dollar.

I would be down to get some!
(May. 07, 2018  5:36 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  5:21 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote: I wish. That would be legit. I have so many "Requiem" design ideas

if by “requiem” you mean high defensive OP, check out this 3D printed layer and driver (metal ball atomic):

I was meaning like Nemesis Requiem and Longinus Requiem since they both got destroyed. Lol. I have ideas for plan plenty of beys just not able to come up with designs.
(May. 07, 2018  5:56 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  8:52 PM)K1D Wrote: Since I'm in contact with someone who's designing a 3d printable level chip would they be legal if we can nail down a standard for weight, material, etc? 3d printed level chips seem like a good alternative to the real ones, cuz the real ones are near impossible to get, or expensive to get, and 3d printed ones would be like 50 chips for a dollar.

I would be down to get some!

I'll try and get em to you

Aight everyone, the files are done. I need to 3d print some, then I'll sell em on ebay. I'll keep yall updated
(May. 07, 2018  1:05 PM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  5:56 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: I would be down to get some!

I'll try and get em to you

Aight everyone, the files are done. I need to 3d print some, then I'll sell em on ebay. I'll keep yall updated
Can you please PM me the file. Because shipping to India will cost more than making, I will print it here.
(May. 07, 2018  5:21 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote:

I thought of a Inca Religion beyblade (inti would be cool)
I have returned in full newdom! What are level chips?
(May. 08, 2018  10:36 PM)AkiraKei13 Wrote: I have returned in full newdom! What are level chips?

The layers of the new Cho-Z Beyblades are built to be loose, making the Beyblades more wobbly. You get a Level Chip to fix that. So, the Level Chip makes them level.

Discussion thread on what they are right over here.
They look cool! If you don't mind, can you please also upload some closeup shots?
(May. 09, 2018  1:34 PM)K1D Wrote: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2897389
Here yall go

Thank you so much!

Also @[K1D], did you do trials for the balance aspect of the chip? Does it do the job?