Anime/manga poll

what do you like more I prefer the manga
It's a tow between the two I like manga because it's auth to n stuff but I love watching the anime and how differently things look in the show compared to the manga
Anime can bring more to the fights, I definitely wanted to see Daina vs Orochi, Wakiya vs Ken, and Rantaro vs Yugo.
Advantages with the manga:
-You get small details that weren't in the anime (EG: Kyle Hakim is the Central American Champion, Naoki Minamo is a fan of Yokai Watch).
-Great learning tool for anyone studying Japanese.  Following conversations is hard for beginners, but you can take your time with the written language.
-It isn't a panel-for-panel storyboard version of the anime.  It's neat to see the same story retold a little differently.  
-Manga can get away with low-brow humor that will never happen on television.
-Extra stories that were never made into episodes (EG: Count Nightfell's numerous battles with Valt, and the plot twist where he was possessed by Yamiterios).

Advantages with the anime:
-More time for sub plots (EG: the bad blood between Suou and Fubiki).
-Features minor characters who weren't in the manga (EG: Arthur Lawrence, Karina Burns, most of the Snake Pit bladers).
-Character voices and color palettes define a lot about who they are.  It's an important part of storytelling.
-Music.  It sets the tone, it adds so much.
-Animation is a beautiful art form. Seeing characters we enjoyed from the manga moving and acting is just awesome.
anime because someone took a lot of time to animate it.
(Jul. 28, 2019  7:07 PM)Cat Wrote: Advantages with the manga:
-You get small details that weren't in the anime (EG: Kyle Hakim is the Central American Champion, Naoki Minamo is a fan of Yokai Watch).
-Great learning tool for anyone studying Japanese.  Following conversations is hard for beginners, but you can take your time with the written language.
-It isn't a panel-for-panel storyboard version of the anime.  It's neat to see the same story retold a little differently.  
-Manga can get away with low-brow humor that will never happen on television.
-Extra stories that were never made into episodes (EG: Count Nightfell's numerous battles with Valt, and the plot twist where he was possessed by Yamiterios).

Advantages with the anime:
-More time for sub plots (EG: the bad blood between Suou and Fubiki).
-Features minor characters who weren't in the manga (EG: Arthur Lawrence, Karina Burns, most of the Snake Pit bladers).
-Character voices and color palettes define a lot about who they are.  It's an important part of storytelling.
-Music.  It sets the tone, it adds so much.
-Animation is a beautiful art form. Seeing characters we enjoyed from the manga moving and acting is just awesome.
I mostly agree, though it sucks the mangas don't have a proper or official translation after the original trilogy. Also, the Justice 5/BEGA 5 had their designs made, the anime fleshed them out and turned them into the final bosses.
(Jul. 28, 2019  7:24 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: I mostly agree, though it sucks the mangas don't have a proper or official translation after the original trilogy....

Ugh, yeah... Shogakukan Asia dropped the ball on that. They only just now released Volume 6 (Valt fights Lui in the Nationals) and the cost of importing the books is still ridiculous.  The drawn-out pacing of their releases, and the fact that their English books aren't reaching English-speaking parts of the globe, is a lost business opportunity for them and a bummer for us.
Anime's! I watched the anime a lot and I didn't even know a manga existed (I was pretty new then). Because of that I'm somewhat biased XD
Honestly I like both. You get more battles in the manga(which I dont read, I just get updated time to time for future battles) and the anime just fleshes things out really well.
What an interesting poll! Adding on to what Cat said earlier.
Manga does a better job explaining the backstory of new characters than the anime. (For instance: We never saw how Fumiya got his hands on Fafnir, but in the manga, they showed it.)

Anime has better visualization than the Manga, anime has more screen time for character's development in the story, unlike the manga which sorta "skips" the juicy part of how the protagonist gets stronger.

Which one do I prefer?
I prefer anime more than I prefer manga. This doesn't mean I don't like the manga. I like it, and I would like Corocoro to keep releasing them.

1. One of my complaints is that the Japanese text makes it disturbing for me to actually visualize what is going on.
2. My second complaint is the manga releases every month on the other hand anime episode releases every week. I'm sure there are people out there like me who don't like being cliffhangered for months to see what will happen.
3. My final complaint is the graphics (attractiveness). In my opinion, I like colorful images, I don't like images that are dull and only outlined by black ink. That makes it really boring for me. Anime does a better job there to keep the viewer hooked in the animation world.