Anime and Manga Thread

I thought it would be good to have a thread like the 'What are you listening to right now?' thread, but for Anime and Manga. Post your most recent watchings/readings to recomend or complain about.

I'll go first.
At the moment i'm watching 'Paranoia Agent', it has an interestingly weird story line that's rather hard to explain.
Basicaly it's about a 6th grader that goes around on rollerblades wearing a baseball cap ans beating people with a baseball bat. It's not as gory as it sounds and that's a mere part of the story line, it's got far more depth and characters.
I recomend (Y)
At first I thought we had something like this already but a quick glance tells me thats just my imagination.....thing I got confused with the Anime/Manga beyblade forum. ^^;

Anyways, my last few anime were/are:

High School Girls/Girls High: Anime centred around around an all girls high school (who woulda guessed). Has the usual things (dates, entrance ceremony, nures check ups etc.) and a load of panty shots but I find it really funny because, as someone who gos to an all girls school, it's all too real. XD

Excel Saga: I imagine anyone versed in the world of anime would have heard of this. I started watching it in Japanese and it was great butthen Harry came in so I switched it to English so he didn't have to read subs..............the voice were carp awful. I couldn't understand a word Excel was saying - it was madness. Anyways, the subbed version was funny. :3

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (acutally I watched this a while ago but whatever): You've probably heard of it - couple of kids having fun, get cursed (or do they?) end up killing each other in various ways. Fun fun.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan (same for this one): Prolly heard of this too - weird angel gets sent to earth to kill lolicon obsessed boy, decides she'd rather go against her orders and save him, ends up killing him multpile times in the process. Wasn't as good as some people have said but it was a laugh.

Mangawise: I haven't really read anything lately because I ende up saving money for MFB's and buying random other things. Still, I bought Suzunari vol. 1 the other day. It's rather clichéd but I was expecting this and it was still fun to read. Plus the art is pretty cute. :3

And finally random recommendations of the day:
Anime:
FLCL - Amazing funny epic awesomeness.
2x2=Shinobuden (a.k.a Ninja Nonsense) - Funny as hell.
Elfen Lied - Good story, creepy soundtrack.

Manga:
Loveless - Beautiful hawtness.
After School Nightmare - Let's see how many weird problems we can give our characters (more for girls me thinks)
Strawberry Marshmallow - Cute, funny, pretty art.
Hidamari Sketch/Sunshine Sketch - Same as above.

Both:
Welcome to the NHK

And I feel suitably dorky now. Grin
(Feb. 09, 2009  8:28 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I'll go first.
At the moment i'm watching 'Paranoia Agent', it has an interestingly weird story line that's rather hard to explain.
Basicaly it's about a 6th grader that goes around on rollerblades wearing a baseball cap ans beating people with a baseball bat. It's not as gory as it sounds and that's a mere part of the story line, it's got far more depth and characters.
I recomend (Y)

^Sounds a bit like Air Gear.
Btw this is a good topic idea. I always wondered why we didn't have a thread dedicated to manga and anime.
i'm watching kamen rider kiva and decade

not anime but close enough
(Feb. 09, 2009  11:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i'm watching kamen rider kiva and decade

Did you find subs for Decade yet?
(Feb. 09, 2009  11:53 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2009  11:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i'm watching kamen rider kiva and decade

Did you find subs for Decade yet?

1 and 2 are subbed on youtube and probably veoh as well
i was looking for old animes that i used to watch whenn i was little,i remmember thunder jet,do u know it guys?
and there was a cartoon about two brothers that race with small cars,i forgot what was its name but it was awesome,their cars where i think magnum and sonic
The Last Anime I watched was Wolf's Rain which was a couple of months ago, I really enjoyed although it was quite sad in parts.
Haven't really watched many animes tbh Wolf's rain would probs be the only one I watched from start to finish all on youtube lol.
(Feb. 09, 2009  8:51 PM)Rocky Wrote: At first I thought we had something like this already but a quick glance tells me thats just my imagination...

That's what I thought :\
I thought it would keep everything together and make things easier to find.
Paranoia Agent was a great anime, I watched it all the way through back when it was on adult swim at like 2 in the morning, man was it creepy.
Anyway, the last anime I watched was Burst Angel, it just happens to be on Funiamtion right before I go to school, so I watch it every morning.
Watching Afro Samurai, heard pretty good things about it and wanted to check it out. Also Sam Jackson and all...

not anime but close enough

You watch it too Brad? nice I love Kamen Rider DCD is looking very good I am looking forward to DCD to go to Kabuto and 555s worlds.

I am watching Bleach (doi) and Soul Eater.
(Feb. 11, 2009  10:35 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: i fukken love gits and rgu

Ghost In the Shell is awesome, I used to watch that every saturday.
Currently watching:
Gundam OO. Well, kinda must for mecha fans Eee
Casshern Sins. This new re-creation of casshern is very beautiful aesthetically. All of the animation is slick and great music too. I wonder why there's so few people watch this show.

And recently watched KR DCD too. It looks good.
G Gundam
Guyver
Gundam Wing
Gurren Lagann

G FTW?
Argh - Gurren Lagann. I got so excited when this came out but I didn't get around to watching it for a while. And then when I finally did it was awesome but I could only watch a few eisodes because the files I were watching were awful quality that hurt my head. Pinching_eyes_2 Must. Try. Watching. Series. Again.
lol yeah you should my friends watched it and said it was really good. I should start watching it once Bleach gets boring for awhile.
(Feb. 13, 2009  7:37 PM)Rocky Wrote: Argh - Gurren Lagann. I got so excited when this came out but I didn't get around to watching it for a while. And then when I finally did it was awesome but I could only watch a few eisodes because the files I were watching were awful quality that hurt my head. Pinching_eyes_2 Must. Try. Watching. Series. Again.

Gurren Lagann never caught my interest... I've heard really good things about it but I can never be bothered to download it... Wow I'm so lazy.

Watching Hajime no Ippo, felt like a fighting anime and this is what I was recommended.
Liking it so far~
I want to watch Kamen Rider The First. Will probably rent it off Netflix soon.

Currently watching and reading Rideback. Transforming motorcycle robots are cool.

The manga, even in the first volume, does not focus solely on the racing aspect, like in the anime. However, the anime is starting to get better and better..
right now im reading kekkaishi, i read the first volume a few years ago snd now im reading the rest
casshern sins, michiko e hatchin, hunter x hunter, soul eater
Hey,what's a good japanese anime I should watch?
You really shouldn't bump threads, the last post was from 2009. But, assuming you like Soul Eater, maybe you would like D.Gray Man, Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, and maybe even Bleach.