Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Speaking of anime and manga, why do fans of this media always complain about a shounen anime or manga being generic? Like bruh, last time I remembered people only cared about the execution of the story not whether or not it was generic. And if anything is generic, it is those isekai and harem series with those bland protagonists, something that shounen has surpassed imo. To be honest, I feel like people are obtaining these unrealistic exceptions for the shounen genre, wanting something super original when nothing is.

SHONEN JUMP GREATNESS!!!!!!
anyone seen kuroko no basket? its rly good, prob in my top 5. the animation is absolutely incredible, better than shows like fire force and at times even jujitsu Kaisen and Bleach
(Jun. 18, 2021  4:47 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: anyone seen kuroko no basket? its rly good, prob in my top 5. the animation is absolutely incredible, better than shows like fire force and at times even jujitsu Kaisen and Bleach

I did see a few episodes a while back, it was interesting. Might consider watching the rest.
I've decided to review Pokemon

Thoughts on Each Series
The Beginning: Decent
Gold and Silver: Good
Ruby and Sapphire: Very Good
Diamond and Pearl: Favorite
Black and White: Wasted Potential
XY(Z): Favorite
Sun and Moon: Meh
Journeys: Disappointing

Ash Outfits Ranked
1. XY(Z)
2. Black and White
3. Diamond and Pearl
4. Ruby and Sapphire
5. Journeys
6. The Beginning
7. Sun and Moon
I'll list some Animes I have watched and Mangas I have read as well the fact of some I plan to watch soon.
Anime:
Cowboy Bebop
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akame Ga Kill (This left a hole in my heart)
Dragon Ball Super
Super Dragon Ball Heroes
My Hero Academia (Currently Watching 1st Season yeah I know there is 5 but I only peaked into it just a few days ago)

Manga:
Akame Ga Kill
Hinowa Ga Crush (Series hasn't finished)
Kill La Kill
Boruto (Chapter 19)
Bleach (Up until the start of Soul Society Arc)
Dragon Ball Super (Read all chapters until the Goku vs Granolah fight in Chapter 73 which was released yesterday)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Dark Demon Realm Mission
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Big Bang Mission

Planning to watch:
Tokyo Revengers
Dr. Stone
Fire Force
Black Lagoon
One Punch Man
Glad to see that youre planning to watch Dr. Stone!

For those who havent seen it yet, I highly recommend it. The plot is pretty unique and interesting at the same time, which helps its edutainment aspects. Prepare to learn a lot about science (and real-life scientists are also impressed how accurate Dr. Stone is!) because the plot revolves a lot around it
I'm planning on watching a whole lot on marvel movies I'm watching the Winter soldier and Falcon and a few spider man anime

When in starting to watch Dr. Stoneq
I finished watching the second season of Dr Stone. Well it did make me cry, what with happened to tsukasa. Also not sure to read the manga or to just wait for the next season.

I'm excited for some of new anime releasing, can't wait for the second season of my next life as a villainess all routes lead to doom second season.

Right now I'm finishing off haikyu and bokuto is my favourite character. Watched a few more eps of kuroko and I'm watching show by rock. Dubbed some of the singing.
i suggest watching beyblade its a good anime
(Jun. 23, 2021  10:40 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: i suggest watching beyblade its a good anime

Most people on this site probably do watch it.
Tokyo Revengers isn't all that bad I kinda like it.
I watched the DBS Broly movie and the only thing I liked was the animation and Gogeta Blue but that's as far as it goes. Can't wait for next year's movie and the return of Super.
(Jun. 23, 2021  10:40 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: i suggest watching beyblade its a good anime

Bippity Boppity Beyblade's my property
me personally i enjoy watching one piece, pokemon, beyblade, bakugan, and JoJo's bizzare adventure
(Jun. 24, 2021  3:37 AM)BladeKingX Wrote: me personally i enjoy watching one piece, pokemon, beyblade, bakugan, and JoJo's bizzare adventure

Ayyyyyye, I see another Stand User JoJo fan!
I used to like the Pokémon anime a lot. But then I outgrew it since Ash wasnt that appealing to me (especially compared to the video game protagonists). I also felt like Pokémon couldve been a lot more appealing by being as dark as the video games + Adventures manga, but its kinda sad how light the Ash anime is. I personally like Pokémon Origins a lot better
(Jun. 24, 2021  3:58 AM)BurningSands Wrote: I used to like the Pokémon anime a lot. But then I outgrew it since Ash wasnt that appealing to me (especially compared to the video game protagonists). I also felt like Pokémon couldve been a lot more appealing by being as dark as the video games + Adventures manga, but its kinda sad how light the Ash anime is. I personally like Pokémon Origins a lot better

Same, I had hoped Origins would be longer, or have a sequel with the other protagonists, but I guess not.
I've just finished the anime Cardfight Vanguard: overDress. I give it an 8/10, despite it's controversial reputation. The early episode don't have much plot progression but they nicely tie the whole cast together. Episode 6 is where the plot really kicks off. Tohya's character was phenomenally done. Danji felt cool but a little bland, but now I think they've done a really good job of making his appearances hold actual weight and fleshing him out. I like how Yu-yu got a good amount of development but was mainly a driving force for everyone else to grow. Tomari and Megumi were fleshed out rather well. For Zakusa it feels like he wasn't fleshed out, or grew closer to the cast. It felt more like we the viewers grew closer to him. Seeing more of him helped us to connect to him, which of course is still welcome.

They left a lot of cliff hangers so I'm excited to see where the series goes in Season 2. If you know the rules to the game Cardfight Vanguard and like Slice of Life style anime, I would give it a shot. It can get pretty intense, but first and foremost I feel like it's a Slice of Life anime. If you are a Vanguard fan that is in it more for the fights and cards rather than characters, I would not recommend it. Of course being a Cardfight anime the TCG is played every episode. However I feel that Vanguard is more a driving force for the characters, rather it being something the characters center themselves around. As the Season goes on it balances the actual matches out. They last for a little longer, and all of the effects are directly explained to the viewer. It's not something I personally need, but it's nice to have since it's a mainstay in almost every Cardfight anime.
Honestly, I don't think My Hero Academia is that amazing now. I used to like it a lot, but my opinion has changed. For me the majority of the arcs are just ok. They progress and the story and stuff, but lots of them just aren't interesting. Also Merry-Go-Round is fine, nothing special.

My Hero Openings Ranked
1. No.1
2. Singin' in the Sky
3. Polaris
4. Odd Future
5. Peace Sign
6.Starmaker
7. Make My Story
8. Merry Go Round
9. The Day
Well if there is one anime that has potential to be the best anime of the year and is getting a lot of people attention lately is Chainsaw Man.
Here's a critique of My Hero Academia Opening 9.

1. Merry-Go-Round
First, we talk about the song is question. It's a good song, however they could've chosen something to better fit the anime. However the main problem is the beat drop. I don't know if the song is just like that or if that's how they cut the audio, but goodness this is messy. It sounds like a completely different song and throws off the whole vibe. Not a good decision imo. Each part of the song is fine on their own, but they don't go very well together. It's like hey combined 2 different songs.

2. Visuals
The visuals are probably the most consistently mediocre part of the Opening. First we have the main trio. The 2 shots are ok, but I would prefer more movement. That's the thing about this Opening, the lack of movement. The League of Villains part should have a little character movement as well. It makes it look like a png rather than actual characters chilling. Finally, we have the beat drop. Goodness this suffers form lack of Dynamic Movement. The beat drop in Shonen anime's shows super awesome and dynamic movement, along with cool battles and powers. The movement here was just moving a couple joint, and Deku getting father away from the screen. Needs to be heavily altered.

Final Rating: 6/10. Nothing special and has strange problems that stop me from really liking it. I hope Version 2 will be better in the Visuals department. The beat drop of the song probably won't be changed so that weird part probably won't go away though.
I've started fruits basket the last season, can't wait to find out how they break the curse.

I really miss sk8 the infinity, best dub imo.

Nearly finished haikyu s2, gonna find out if they win against aoba johsai.

After watching some depressing anime I go to watch sleepy princess in the demon castle, but I have to say the princess seems more of a demon than the actual ones.
😢 waiting for the next chapter of Super to come out makes me sad
I hate that emotional feeling after watching something end.
I finished watching fruits bakset the final and its really nice to see everyone free and enjoying their life. Its sad to see the last episode.
(Jun. 30, 2021  9:55 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I hate that emotional feeling after watching something end.
I finished watching fruits bakset the final and its really nice to see everyone free and enjoying their life. Its sad to see the last episode.
so true. after i finished k-on, i was like: nooooooo. oh wait theres a movie *finishes movie that day* nooooooo.
(Jun. 30, 2021  10:00 PM)eggblader Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  9:55 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I hate that emotional feeling after watching something end.
so true. after i finished k-on, i was like: nooooooo. oh wait theres a movie *finishes movie that day* nooooooo.

What's worse is seeing the whole main cast in an anime die just to protect 2 kids. Well what about your own futures. Same feeling when I watched assassination classroom. Watched it?