Android App?

What would an app do that your browser can't?

Granted, it would be nice to have a beywiki app so I can reference things on the go.
I think I will look into this since I have an Android and want an app too.
I would like a android app better i have the DROID so ya, So they should make a app this is a good Topic.
Why an app? Mybb is droid browser friendly
Dats a cool idea!!! but it must be hard to do......
i want the app!!!!!! i have a iphone and i have been wanting this for ages !!!!!
Good idea. It could be like iukomon(lukomon?) but for beyblade. And you could get notifications whenever something involving you happens.
I think a iphone app would work. And if you could detect other bladers around, that would be SO cool!!
I agree person before me. iPhone and android and blackberry and any other type would be beast. Just like me.
um like other i'd to point out how uneeded this is. Also if we can't find someone to change the background how exactly are we going to make an app?
i would welcome a mobile version of the site,last time I tried visiting the site none of the posts would show up only the usernames and avatars
(Apr. 11, 2011  8:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: um like other i'd to point out how uneeded this is. Also if we can't find someone to change the background how exactly are we going to make an app?

make a mobile app using widgetbox
I'd like to chime in here.

I have been experimenting with the IOS SDK and would be honored to be permitted to reproduce this site in a more mobile friendly "App" form. Mostly I'd like permission to reproduce the Beywiki and use World Beyblade Organization as the "Publisher Name" in the app submission form. I searched "beyblade" in the Iphone app store and have discovered that there really is nothing.

It shouldnt be too hard to do. I'm not all that great at doing graphics however, so if someone else would like to work together with me JUST for that purpose itd be great.

I can have some mockups of an app done in about a week. I've actually been thinking about proposing such an idea.
An android app would be totally easy to port over from an Iphone version and id be more than happy to do this for the members of the WBO community, who would like a MORE "mobile friendly" version of the site. I expect no compensation for the efforts as it would be a fabulous chance to really hone my skills in C# and HTML5.

So to the moderators of WBO, if youd like a full proposal all you have to do is comment on this and ask me for one! otherwise, all I need is the go ahead in plain text on a pm from a bigwig here so I dont inadvertently break any copyright laws.

On second thought, perhaps I'll take it upon myself to come up with some great ideas for the WBO Official app and supply a full proposal to the mods (Committee?)
We've established numerous times that nearly every single smartphone can browse WBO easily; however, I personally would be really interested to see your ideas!
Thanks. I think it less about just having the ability to browse through and more about making it more user friendly in the end. I have a few ideas. I'm trying to weed out some that would be more difficult to implement and work from there!
(May. 03, 2011  11:32 PM)♥ Wrote: We've established numerous times that nearly every single smartphone can browse WBO easily; however, I personally would be really interested to see your ideas!

My mum has a smartphone and I have treid numourous time to get the wbo site to work properly and have failed every time, the only things that r visible are user names avatars and the navigation bar and not the posts Chief - Sigh ...
Great idea bladeraider. Would love to see it in action!
I have a bookmark on my iPod touch. It works fine, mostly. So an app is not needed. But I would like to see bladeraider's app as well.
It's in the works! Trying to make things look pretty for screenshots! I have next week off work, so I should have something to show everyone soon!
(May. 13, 2011  1:41 PM)iXus Wrote: I have a bookmark on my iPod touch. It works fine, mostly. So an app is not needed. But I would like to see bladeraider's app as well.

but on some other smartphones you can not login let alone post
(May. 13, 2011  5:04 PM)faissaloo Wrote:
(May. 13, 2011  1:41 PM)iXus Wrote: I have a bookmark on my iPod touch. It works fine, mostly. So an app is not needed. But I would like to see bladeraider's app as well.

but on some other smartphones you can not login let alone post

And some are just darn irritating when you finally do am I right? Thats exactly why im working on it Smile
I am on an iPod right now typing this and it's just fine. Typing this is very easy actually! The quick reply is very easy to use and if you spell something wrong, it's corrected. Login is very easy. A neat feature with this is that on e done typing you can press
Next' and it will bring you to preview or posting your reply! Very iPod friendly.
Sorry for the small revival, but Opera Browsers work.
That would be nice, an Android App for WBO for my Android phone. Smile
On a 3DS, and internet is perfect.
Yeah, there is no need. I have an iPhone 4 and it works fine on there.
SCREW all of the other phones that aren't iPhones.