And then there's this 20 year old guy...

Yeah. I'm that 20 year old guy. And at the moment, I'm kind of indecisive. Is there a playerbase out there of my age group? Would it be worth the spent cash to get a starter kit only to find that

A) Nobody my age plays/is willing to start?
B) I turn out to be that one guy that's waaay to old for this stuff any more?
C) The vast majority of players look down upon someone my age mucking around in their game?

Let's say I'm not some ever-hated geezing creeper for wanting to play (at least in my opinion) an ageless, endlessly entertaining hobby. In that case:

1) Any recommended starting kits?
2) Anything horribly overpowered that I should look out for?
3) Any tourny action someone of my age could get into, and play against others of similar or at least close age?

No offense to anyone on this site, but it would mean a great deal to me to receive feedback from someone in a similar position.

Thanks for your time in advance.
A) Sovereign is 22, I think, and th!ink is in his 20's. Your not alone. Smile
B) Nope, read above.
C) We welcome everyone. Arupaeo and Coach are actually fathers that play.

A) Ultimate DX Set. Any other questions like this belong in Purchase Consultation. You can use the Search option to find where that is.
B) DUO. Use Build me a combo for any other combo building inquiries.
C) There is no age restriction, so if you do go to a tournament, you'll play against all ages.

Even though I'm much younger than you, I hope I helped! Grin

Welcome! Read the rules and your set.

I am almost twenty-one years old myself, hah.
You'd be suprised at how many 20+ year olds play the game. So nope, you're not alone. A lot of members are around that age:
Kei
Kai-V
Dark Mousy
th!nk
...just to name a few.

As to the other questions, Tech has you covered Smile
Thanks guys, that was all extremely helpful. I'll have to check out those other boards. You may have just motivated me to walk to the local walmart and pick up that set Tech mentioned.

Great to know that a fun hobby like this isn't as age restricted as I thought.

Many, many thanks.
Well, the official tournaments are all restricted to ages eight to thirteen or fourteen, and the Beyblade community has tried changing this a lot before without success, which is partly why the World Beyblade Organization exists.
Everything I would have posted was said mostly beaten by Tech.

I wanted to tell you though, that you want find that set in a local big name store. it has not been released by Hasbro and might never as a set but individuals packs that might be horrible considering the way hasbro is changing the 4D Beyblades. To get some serious competitive beys you need to order from the other Beyblade producing companies as Sonokong and Takara Tomy PM for I'm too lazy for details.
Spinny, that set isn't Hasbro, it's Takara-Tomy. You either get it from a middleman, or import it straight from Japan. Sorry if I mislead you... I don't really know any Hasbro sets, but that's what Purchase Consulation is for. our welcome to PM me if you have other questions!

EDIT: Half ninja'd by Billy.
For competitive play, Takara Tomy and Sonokong are your "go-to" companies. Hasbro just doesn't cut it. You should start reading around the BeyWiki and the forums to get informed about various Beyblades' preformances and where Hasbro stands in terms of cometitive play. The best prices and shipping can be found at dimsum2u's store. His threads can be found under the "Authorized Dealers" sub section in the BeyMarketplace.

Hope that helps you get started!
No worries about age. I won't tell you how old I am but I could be Kai-V's father.. ouch!
Almost 21 here and I'm pretty active haha, even if I mainly play plastics these day. I'm only the second oldest person in my local area, too! The younger kids really appreciate having someone older around, too.

If you want overpowered, buy Takara Tomy stuff online, and just look for the parts in the competitive combos list Tongue_out
Welcome, Hope you enjoy your stay. No need age most of admins are above 20. PM me for help..
there are still older people around im eighteen
Your not old. Im 23 and I love it. Im the oldest who plays in my area. But everyone loves having an adult who plays and organizes events. Did you play plastics by chance? Also, Check out my guide to the WBO in my signature. Feel free to PM me if you need help. Im always around.
Dark mousy is right. There a lot of bladers your age!!!
(Jul. 07, 2012  1:00 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Your not old. Im 23 and I love it. Im the oldest who plays in my area. But everyone loves having an adult who plays and organizes events. Did you play plastics by chance? Also, Check out my guide to the WBO in my signature. Feel free to PM me if you need help. Im always around.

Actually yes, I did play plastics. Used to own on a casual level with Driger S. Those were the days man.
(Jul. 09, 2012  9:28 PM)SpinnyGeezer Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2012  1:00 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Your not old. Im 23 and I love it. Im the oldest who plays in my area. But everyone loves having an adult who plays and organizes events. Did you play plastics by chance? Also, Check out my guide to the WBO in my signature. Feel free to PM me if you need help. Im always around.

Actually yes, I did play plastics. Used to own on a casual level with Driger S. Those were the days man.

Do you still have any? You should consider going to a plastic tournament. We are having Plastic/HMS remembrance day on July 22nd.
(Jul. 10, 2012  5:21 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Do you still have any? You should consider going to a plastic tournament. We are having Plastic/HMS remembrance day on July 22nd.

I'm thinking of buying the model I used to play. Where are there any tournaments without an age limit?

That remembrance day sounds fun, what are the details on that?
(Jul. 11, 2012  2:17 AM)SpinnyGeezer Wrote: That remembrance day sounds fun, what are the details on that?

They're out!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HMS-Plas...-July-22nd
Hi Guys my age is 20. its very nice to see that many bladers of my age Love Beyblading to and you Guys are Awesome