An arguement for metagame adjustment

There is an issue with just using your own "set of rules" and gathering people in the WBO General forum though : you would be parasiting the site, in a sense. We are trying to promote a certain style of play, notably involving an entry fee to help the site stay alive and several cool rewards for all Bladers, yet you would just be using this website as a way to get people together for your own unrelated tournaments ...

We all really, really wish for a good Beystadium to be released by Hasbro, you really need to believe that.
It's just a matter of patience with Hasbro right now. They will release a better stadium judging by the direction they're going, the question is just when.
@ joe-iv believe we have established we need to wait for hasbro to release a better stadium already....
and probably when MFB is almost over,hopefully not......
fixed,though i probably dont even need the "@ joe" :\
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:05 AM)Gloomy Wrote: iv believe we have established we need to wait for hasbro to release a better stadium already....
@ joe- probably when MFB is almost over,hopefully not......

Are you kidding me ? That statement was clearly listed twice right above you. Uncertain
People think too much of the WBO as a body simply to congregate beybladers. It's a website for competitive bey more than just the hobby itself. It has facets just related to the hobby, but it's primary purpose is in the metagame, and I don't think most people would like to forego that principle in the pursuit of accesibility. It'd just make the game less serious and less fun. If you want casual beyblading, go grab a couple of buddies and have at it, just don't expect the WBO to sanction your shenanigans.
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:09 AM)blah Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:05 AM)Gloomy Wrote: iv believe we have established we need to wait for hasbro to release a better stadium already....
@ joe- probably when MFB is almost over,hopefully not......

Are you kidding me ? That statement was clearly listed twice right above you. Uncertain

?_? o i put the 2 joe thing in the wrong place Speechless
let me edit that
one thing i think isnt really being considered is testing i could make a thread right now about a combo that works well in a hasbro stadium but that thread would probably be closed or i would get warned but which results mean more to me results in a TT stadium ill never see or a stadium i can pick up down the street at walmart
But the WBO doesn't care about you, it cares about competitive Beyblade.
(Dec. 21, 2010  7:52 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: But the WBO doesn't care about you, it cares about competitive Beyblade.

its attitude like this that turn away new bladers.

i am all for this 3rd set of rules, with hasbros own metagame
Look, it doesn't really matter if your for it. Because the people actually taking care and running the site already disagree with this. :Y
If you want Hasbro only rules, make them yourself. Don't use this site and it's staff as a crutch for your laziness, you're just being a leech.
Yo, if you ignore the fact that Beyblade was dead for a while, the World Beyblade Organization was started mainly with the intention to sanction tournaments around the world and give them a firm and common structure/standard because Hasbro does not care about the competitive side, does not care about tournaments in general, and does not care about people who are younger than eight or older than fourteen years old. They never have either. That is the goal, so it would be appreciated if you could deal with it and support it.
Rofl it's life guys, deal with it. Don't like our rules? how about you make another worldwide organization with your own forum with your own rules and see how it goes hmm?
what kai v just said was basically saying "the wbo is too lazy to make a hasbro rules only sub-forum so we arent."

why cant there be a hasbro only sub- forum? why is it a problem? earlier, someone said stamina would rule. attack rules now, a top tier attack bey can beat a top tier stamina bey, correct? the wbo should welcome all bladers, not only the ones who have hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy stadiums and beys. i save up my money to buy things, and i get a TT attack stadium as one of my 4 gifts for christmas, i will have to save up over 100 dollars to get the stadium w/ galaxy peg and so i can also purchase meteo l drago. i dont even know if all the christmas money i'll get will cover it

i dont see why the WBO is so arrogant and stingy as to NOT wanting to welcome new bladers cuz they don't/ can't afford a TT attack stadium. why doesn't the WBO want to create a 3rd set of rules?

beats me....
the reason had been stated in this thread :\ i think it was Kai-Vs first post
anyways why are people still posting in here? it was a "no,till hasbro makes a good stadium"with reasons behind it. So whats more to say on the matter?
i wanted to share my opinion as well as give this idea my full support. thats why i posted
(Dec. 21, 2010  8:21 PM)Alchemy Wrote: what kai v just said was basically saying "the wbo is too lazy to make a hasbro rules only sub-forum so we arent."

why cant there be a hasbro only sub- forum? why is it a problem? earlier, someone said stamina would rule. attack rules now, a top tier attack bey can beat a top tier stamina bey, correct? the wbo should welcome all bladers, not only the ones who have hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy stadiums and beys. i save up my money to buy things, and i get a TT attack stadium as one of my 4 gifts for christmas, i will have to save up over 100 dollars to get the stadium w/ galaxy peg and so i can also purchase meteo l drago. i dont even know if all the christmas money i'll get will cover it

i dont see why the WBO is so arrogant and stingy as to NOT wanting to welcome new bladers cuz they don't/ can't afford a TT attack stadium. why doesn't the WBO want to create a 3rd set of rules?

beats me....
I do not think you understand much about this competitive hobby, considering what you just wrote, especially the first part ... Have you even read any post in this topic ?

As for why this thread is still open, I simply do not want to make it seem, to some people, that we are restricting their freedom of speech by saying : "No we will not do this. Locked." Although admittedly, at this point, I am probably going to move it to the Advanced Forum soon, with posts like the one I quoted ...
Look, at least Kai-V didn't say a straight up no. Let's just wait for results on Burning Firestrike, and then bring this up again... I think that if someone can get 60-80% win rates on attack types in BS, then we can try to bring up a new set of Hasbro rules again. Good things come to those who wait.
I can forsee adding a Hasbro Stadium to the metagame if it's good enough, but don't expect us to develop an entire metagame around Hasbro only parts. People are going to need to import to stay competitive, no matter what.
I didn't mean Hasbro parts, I meant Hasbro Stadiums. Such as: Rock is not as useless in a Hasbro stadium as it is in a TT attack stadium. F has use in a Hasbro stadium, along with SF. That kind of thing.
Rock is good in the Attack Stadium : \
No one competitive is going to bother testing mediocre parts and combos in Hasbro stadiums. Like I said, don't expect anyone to develop an entire special metagame for you, do it yourselves.
Im sorry if what im saying is wrong, I only read the first, fifth and six page.
But whats wrong about having a hasbro forum or rules? You guys would make more money with more players and tournaments. I know the stadium is broken. And I tottally see your point, but if people wanna play in a hasbro stadium because they cant get a TT stadium or for whatever reason, just let them play.
didnt the people that agreed earlier in this thread say that they were willing to write up the rules and to testing
Because, if you didn't read Kai-V's point, that portion of the site would be leeching off of this portion of the site.
(Dec. 21, 2010  10:23 PM)|Joe| Wrote: Because, if you didn't read Kai-V's point, that portion of the site would be leeching off of this portion of the site.

i dont understand what you mean by "leeching" of the site?