An arguement for metagame adjustment

(Dec. 20, 2010  6:23 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Because you can make the rules whatever the hell you want; it doesn't matter.

....you completely missed my point. It's not about the rules. It's a place for people who don't have access to Takara stadiums to schedule events.
(Dec. 20, 2010  7:00 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:23 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Because you can make the rules whatever the hell you want; it doesn't matter.

....you completely missed my point. It's not about the rules. It's a place for people who don't have access to Takara stadiums to schedule events.

If one is dedicated to a hobby, they should be able to acquire the necessary components needed to make the game function properly. Otherwise, it's like playing soccer with a basketball, it just doesn't work.
(Dec. 20, 2010  7:05 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:

If one is dedicated to a hobby, they should be able to acquire the necessary components needed to make the game function properly. Otherwise, it's like playing soccer with a basketball, it just doesn't work.

Think of it more like playing soccer in a field with imaginary goal lines. They are still following the rules of soccer in a different playing field.
(Dec. 20, 2010  7:05 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:

ill disagree with that,i am totally deciated to this hobby but i cant get an TT Attack Stadium,or any TT stadium,or a Meteo Ldrago or any of that carp,iv tried but i cant simple as that,and i believe other people have tried to obtain stuff to make the game "function properly" but we jsut cant,simple
As Brad has said a few times, Beyblade is an expensive hobby, like many others. This is reality. The fact is that we take it as a competitive one.

Also, Ultrablader and Rashamon, I have no idea what that has to do with the topic ... We are discussing Hasbro's Beystadiums.
just to through my 2cents in here i CAN'T get TT stadiums period i really wish i could and be able to test and post results and battle according to the rules of this forum but i can't i will dred the day i have to buy a bad hasbro stadium but playing on the floor is getting old also results for combos in hasbro stadiums are always rejected and for people like me thoughs results are valid unlike results for TT stadiums that i might never see or use all im asking is this site allow results for combos in hasbro stadiums be accepted and a way that we can use this site to rank people who have to use these stadiums if this site will not allow this then me and people in my situation might as well go to or start a new web site
(Dec. 20, 2010  7:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As Brad has said a few times, Beyblade is an expensive hobby, like many others. This is reality. The fact is that we take it as a competitive one.

Also, Ultrablader and Rashamon, I have no idea what that has to do with the topic ... We are discussing Hasbro's Beystadiums.

Well the baseline topic was mainly towards how to cope with amateurs who don't have access to good beys which gives them a disadvantage during tournaments when against more experienced bladers who do have access to better parts and can use them in the events.

Kai-V, I was actually answering to the first statement in this thread, not contributing to the matters being discussed right now. But perhaps I didn't quite understand the point of this thread. In that case never mind.
Beyblade is a competitive hobby here ...
I am a "amateur" becuase i can get a TT stadium or Meteo Ldrago,Ray Unicorno,etc?
You may not be amature (I'd venture to say you are), but you certainly won't be competitive.
And those 2 beys don't matter : \
yes "Venture" as far as you want,i dont care of peoples opions about me :\ and i was using those as examples..
and i know i wont be competitive,i would love to be competitive like other members,but currently i can not be competitive,and barley be called a hasbro player or whatever
Sorry! That's not what I meant. Even without acess to good parts, you obviously would know good combos and which parts are better to use in certain situations whereas you get new bladers who don't have as much knowledge and use relatively weak combos.
Hasbro has all you need to be competitive, save for stadiums. Battle in whatever stadium you want, but for WBO sanctioned play find someone near you who actually has an Attack Stadium.
That's really all I have to say on this entire matter.
oh okay Rashamon i get what your saying
@Mc Frown - I already know nobody in my Area has TT Attack Stadium or any TT stadium
I think this argument should stop right here now. While I know where these people are coming from, saying that we should add Hasbro stadiums into the metagame, it would just hurt the competitiveness of the WBO. I think everyone here would LIKE to add Hasbro stadiums, but it is really just impossible until a new stadium arrives. Just be patient, Hasbro WILL eventually release a good stadium judging by the direction they are headed now.
I believe thats what we were talking about a couple post ago
Yes I know, but this pointless argument keeps going on.
^ Joe I don't think you understand what their asking. If I understood correctly what was stated by the people supporting this motion, they don't want it to effect the current ranking in the slightest they just want rules set up for hasbro stadiums for un-ranked tournaments.

But, I don't really understand this. You can already get in contact with people in you area in the WBO General section and if you want to meet up to have a tournament without rankings nothing at all is stopping you. "Just looking for someone in your area to blade with?" Is in the description for it lol.

Edit: I don't feel it's worth making another post, but I was just referring to your statement about "Trying to add hasbro stadiums to the meta game." I see your point now just trying to end the argument lol.
No I do understand, I just see it as pointless. I only have the LF atm but I don't want a separate set of rules because I don't really see the point of it. Agreeing with your last point though Stigma.
I've had similar thoughts on this matter, as I too am one unable to access Takara Tomy merchandise. I don't have a credit card and neither do I have access to one. The only somewhat access I have is my parents, but they wouldn't waste their time on something like this. I myself am stuck with an old Dranzer Flame Stadium and PTW currently. I've concocted many other ideas other than just another branch from the WBO for Hasbro exclusive players, such as testing for environment. For example, there would be different forums for testing in the different stadiums, so instead of just using type to get the advantage, you would have to take into account the stadium that you're going to play in. That's just one thought, which is probably not going to happen.

I never made a thread like this because I was instantly sure that I would simply be ridiculed by the experienced members of this site. I was correct, seeing as what has been previously stated by people such as Kai-V, McFrown, and momiji. But is that what this site wants? To turn away a large group of people simply because they can't afford or have access to the same things that everyone can get? I suppose so, as the focus of this site is simply to point out the best of the best, as previously stated by Kai-V. But turning away people like this can cost the WBO a number of members, as I myself am a prime example of someone who has been turned away and discouraged at his inability to contribute to the community. Turned away and discouraged to the extent that I have not really touched any of my Beyblades in weeks, which may lead to a loss of interest in the hobby as a whole.

All of my thoughts and ideas gone into this matter all have the same predicted inevitable outcome: the advanced members telling the Hasbro exclusive players to create their own site/forum/community. This is incredibly difficult, as the vast majority of Hasbro exclusive players are rather young, to put a number probably under the age of 14 or 15. Most of those included in this group of people probably are financially unable or simply don't have the knowledge of how to create a website or a forum. The only solution for this that I see is for the WBO to allow for a section for Hasbro Stadium Testing, perhaps with subforums, one for each of the current Hasbro stadiums. Just an idea of mine, but I digress.

In all, it seems that the things needed for Hasbro-only players to be useful simply will not happen, unless there is another BeyBrad out there who is able to devote their time to creating another community similar to the WBO, yet for Hasbro players.
If this works, I've got 2 weeks to burn, and a LF! I'll help with testing. Speaking of this, in a Hasbro stadium, slap a MF on Earth ____ 100WD. Change 100 to 105, and the ridge will give you no problems unless you get really slammed.

Besides, It's nearly impossible to find someone with an attack stadium in Chicago. I've got one, but I still like this Idea.
I see no point in turning away some player simply because of how much they can buy, and where they live. Isn't that kinda the opposite of what the WBO is trying to do? Isn't the game supposed to be fun? You can't have fun in a tournament, if you can't play in one, because of the stadium restrictions. I am in favor of a 3rd set of rules. LF and MS only. That would open the doors for more tournaments, and more experience for others.
Oh my god... I've just realised something... The WBO has turned into BEGA and it's the second half of G-Revolution playing out before my eyes in text format. (hopefully without the same resolution Tongue_out)

Again I'll reiterate that I think, while surely well intentioned, the whole point of this thread is moot, as without a ranking system, endorsement/sanction from the WBO, etc, it's just people arranging their own private tournaments. Nobody is preventing anyone else from devising their own rules for such a tournament, and creating a whole new forum for this project would ultimately just create a kind of digital Hasbro-only leper-colony.
i ddint think this thread would get that many replies Speechless and haha yes it is turning into the second half of g-revolution,and hopefully the same resolution, who doesnt want an epic battle that defys all laws haha(refering to the battl eof Brooklyn vs tyson haha)
but Kai-V has laready said no,till hasbro makes a better stadium
but the only thing i am wondering is why this thread is still open o.o
Attack isn't that bad in LF. Vulcan Horseus 100RF got a 75% win rate over Earth Bull C145WB, 70% against GB145WB, and 80% against 100WD.

You can still organise meet ups. I really don't see the problem. Use the appropriate topic in WBO general.

Basically you just want "rules" for the sake of there being rules for gatherings that cannot be awarded beypoints anyway.

You can simply make up those rules yourselves.

If you wish to keep some semblance of competitive and higher level play, just use whichever Hasbro stadium people say is "almost as good as a TT", and use the rules set out for any other MFB tournament.

felofilipino: You're missing the point. It's not "turning away" any member, the new set of rules or whatnot are literally redundant before their creation.