An arguement for metagame adjustment

(Dec. 20, 2010  3:15 AM)BlackAce Wrote: So,getting back on topic...

I'm proposing that anyone who's interested (I'm in,and I think Evan said he was interested earlier in the topic) help make a 3rd set of Hasbro-oriented rules, and present them to the committee.

Anyone else want to help,let me know via PM.

i think we should add in BEY-HEART to this haha yes bey-heart i am going to drag you into this,but i am fine with you and Evan coming up with them,but at least post them somewhere or show them to more people once your done to get their ideas,thoughts,etc
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:16 AM)Evan Wrote: But why exclude a large portion of the Beyblade audience with these rules, when we can simply write a third set of rules for them to use?
What I'm saying is that we shouldn't be making any changes to existing ranking systems to accommodate the Hasbro only crowd. When I say "make your own league" what I am suggesting is exactly that, a third set of rules for tournaments separate from any existing ranking system.

Although that begs the question, how then will it be different enough from Hasbro's own rules to matter? Ignoring the pants-on-head retarded special spirit rules, Hasbro's rules are actually workable if we're only using their products.

So, what's going to change?
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:18 AM)Gloomy Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:15 AM)BlackAce Wrote: So,getting back on topic...

I'm proposing that anyone who's interested (I'm in,and I think Evan said he was interested earlier in the topic) help make a 3rd set of Hasbro-oriented rules, and present them to the committee.

Anyone else want to help,let me know via PM.

i think we should add in BEY-HEART to this haha yes bey-heart i am going to drag you into this,but i am fine with you and Evan coming up with them,but at least post them somewhere or show them to more people once your done to get their ideas,thoughts,etc

I haven't been meaning to withhold my testing, but as the current testing requirements need TT Attack I haven't had a means to post them.

Earth Wolf 105WD vs Earth Bull 145 WD
Round 1: Earth Wolf
Round 2: Earth Wolf
Round 3: Earth Wolf
Round 4: Earth Bull
Round 5: Earth Bull

Alternating Shots, Hasbro Super Vortex Stadium

66.66666666% Win Percentage - Earth Wolf
@ Evan: Usually,one does 10 or 15 tests. But still,interesting.
Personally I'd love to see a "LF and Max Stampede" branch of the WBO.

For afew reasons. I personally own a TT Attack (and a square lol) and also a Hasbro LF, Super Vortex, and I've played on afew PTW and I've played twice on a Max Stampede.

Frankly I love the diversity that the Hasbro stadiums offer as far as viable types of beys to use. The fact I can also buy them cheaply AND easily is a huge plus aswell.
TT Attack as the name somewhat suggests is DOMINATED by attack. Theres no good reason to use stamina as defense types don't realistically exist. The best possible defense beys can at best go about 50%/60% win rates against attacks if they are lucky.
I've tried GB145, ED145, C145, AD145 and various other setups aswell and I've found it pretty much impossible to have a defense bey actually beat an attack bey consistently (primary attack type used was MF L LDrago 90RF).

While with Hasbro stadiums I've found all sorts of beys to work. Specially in LF and Max Stampede has seemed like an improvement on LF.
Attack usually beats stamina, either through pockets or slamming them into walls so hard they flip over or become so unbalanced they just die out fast.
Defense can usually OS attack types, seeing around 80% win rates (what my L Drago usually sees on TT Attack) is about the norm.
Stamina can usually OS defense.
Destabalizers seem to work much better. They get slaughered by attack but can usually take down defense and stamina types, unless they use low tracks but then they are more vulnerable to attack types.

I've found the hasbro stadium meta game to be diverse and exciting, I've been able to experiment and use weird combo's to pull out decent results and the best part is no single type is completely worthless like Defense seems to be in TT Attack.

If theres any testing that needs done I will test away if there is a REAL chance there could be a "hasbro stadium league" or just having LF and/or Max Stampede accepted as usable stadiums.
The Dude:We'd be happy to have you onboard.

I'm actually with the opinion that with a Hasbro metagame, there could be new combos discovered that could work in the Takara Tomy metagame...but that may be just wishful thinking.
TT Attack is fairly balanced.

If you use RS, it'll win a lot against most top-tier attack types.

Anyways, if an Admin does approve this, I'll be happy to join along.
and see with hasbro having like 4 or 5 different stadiums,that opens up a lot of combos to be tested and decided which ones out of all the stadiums are top tier Joyful_2 opening up a 3rd set of Hasbro rules would be an epic thing
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:24 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote: So, what's going to change?

What stadiums are usable? Beyond that I don't see much reason to change much of anything.

Diversity is a GREAT thing, having more than just TT Attack as a usable stadium would be amazing imo.

You don't need to restrict parts beyond possibly the ban on Libra. Keep the same modification rules and other such things around but just allow more stadiums. Or have a "hasbro stadium only" setup..
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:30 AM)BlackAce Wrote: @ Evan: Usually,one does 10 or 15 tests. But still,interesting.

This was done earlier today, and I didn't feel like to doing 10 tests for each clear wheel since it was for personal use. I tested Wolf (3\5), Saggitaro (2\5), Pegasis (2\5), and Eagle (1\5) vs Earth Bull 145WD.
But all this testing for each hasbro stadium would take awhile
Ok. Just letting you know for the future,we're keeping the testing format from the Takara Tomy stuff for the Hasbro rules (with obvious modifications,of course).

@Gloomy: Of course,that's why we need more than 1 or 2 people to do it. I asked earlier in the topic if anyone wants to help,and those who are interested to PM me.
By testing Formate you mean with beylauncher,10 rounds,etc or no?
i know,ill try to get Bey-Heart to help haha and ill have to wait till i get some more beys and a stadium before joining in,which id love to do
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:44 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Ok. Just letting you know for the future,we're keeping the testing format from the Takara Tomy stuff for the Hasbro rules (with obvious modifications,of course).

@Gloomy: Of course,that's why we need more than 1 or 2 people to do it. I asked earlier in the topic if anyone wants to help,and those who are interested to PM me.

Don't worry about it, I plan to do my testing for this rule set in 10 out 10 format.
PRINCEcharming has really posted all of the Committee's points.

As far as I know Beyblade has always been like this. Brad did not have such a worldwide system of tournament, but in his, I am quite sure Hasbro Beystadiums were never used, and since Hasbro's Beystadiums have always been horrible, then they surely must have been 'frowned upon' a lot on Off the Chain and Beyblade Damashii, the main sites for the competitive hobby Beyblade is, so tests using them were probably not considered that valid just like what we are doing here at this moment.

We do take Beyblade as a competitive hobby exclusively, and Hasbro simply does not seem to find this true. In case you did not see all the posts that were made on this subject, Attack types are not really going to get that much better, so while in your opinion Hasbro's Beystadiums give more "diversity" in your opinion, you will never see good Attack types. Moreover, Kei or Brad once said that a metagame dominated by Attack is a lot healthier than if it were dominated by any other type.

Furthermore, the Beypoint System is a way to rank Bladers amongst other players worldwide, and as we already fully started processing many battles, do you really think it would be fair to put both those battles and matches done in a "Hasbro set of rules" together as if they had the same value ? Really ? Use Rock and you should win mostly everything. Also, in tournaments, besides in Italy, Attack types are not dominating in matches, in case some of you missed that as well.

Considering all those things and what PRINCEcharming wrote, while we know that some people just cannot purchase the actually good Beystadiums, we will simply not consider opening a feature for "Hasbro players" since Beyblade is a competitive hobby, unless Hasbro finally releases a balanced Beystadium, which they seem to be going more and more forward to.

For anybody's information, the Super Attack Type and the Balance Type Beystadiums from TAKARA-TOMY are also legal for tournaments, which means the Standard Type Beystadium can also be purchased.
@Gloomy: Yep,that's it.

Evan: Great. I'm gonna try to make a list of Hasbro parts tonight or tomorrow.

Kai-V:What? That makes no sense.

1.If the metagame is "better dominated by Attack",then wouldn't that make the game just as boring as it being dominated by Stamina/Defense?

2.I see no point in not allowing people to live within their means to play Beyblade. It just doesn't seem fair to make them pay for these kinds of things just to play in tournaments.

3.If people can't play Beyblade internationally,what's the point of a WBO?
Continue posting here if you want, but I am telling you that things will not change right now.
who made this competitve i really wanan know haha and i see where your coming from Kai-V,will just have to make our own WBO haha jk
In response to Kai-V:

For the Beypoints system we could use ONLY the the Standard Format as the ranking system, while keeping Open and Hasbro formats unranked. The Super Attack, and Balance Stadiums cost as much (shipped to the US), if not more than the Attack stadium; so that is a moot point.

I don't see the point in NOT having a 3rd tier of rules for Hasbro only players, as it would bring more people in competitively.
and Bay-Brad didnt make it that way cause i believe he started this when MFB was only out in japan and hasbro had not yet release any beyblade stuff no? so how we have included it if he didnt know about it?
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:54 AM)Gloomy Wrote: and Bay-Brad didnt make it that way cause i believe he started this when MFB was only out in japan and hasbro had not yet release any beyblade stuff no? so how we have included it if he didnt know about it?

Well I'll agree with Kai-V on this one. BBDamashii and OtC condemned the use of Hasbro stadiums, aside from the V-Force Mobile Stadium. This was long before MFB. Hasbro has always made inferior stadiums.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:56 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:54 AM)Gloomy Wrote: and Bay-Brad didnt make it that way cause i believe he started this when MFB was only out in japan and hasbro had not yet release any beyblade stuff no? so how we have included it if he didnt know about it?

Well I'll agree with Kai-V on this one. BBDamashii and OtC condemned the use of Hasbro stadiums, aside from the V-Force Mobile Stadium. This was long before MFB. Hasbro has always made inferior stadiums.

BBDamashii and OtC? yo lost me their haha Joyful_2
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:57 AM)Gloomy Wrote:

Before Beywiki (eventually WBO) there was Beyblade Blade Damashii and Off the Chain. They were the main Beyblade sites.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:59 AM)Evan Wrote:

Before Beywiki (eventually WBO) there was Beyblade Blade Damashii and Off the Chain. They were the main Beyblade sites.

so it was based off the theory " well since hasbro made poor stadiums before,we shouldnt expect them to make any better ones"?
(Dec. 20, 2010  4:01 AM)Gloomy Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:59 AM)Evan Wrote:

so it was based off the theory " well since hasbro made poor stadiums before,we shouldnt expect them to make any better ones"?

Well even through this generation it's stayed true, but I think we should embrace Hasbro stadiums (for those how can't afford TT).