An arguement for metagame adjustment

(Dec. 20, 2010  4:04 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  4:01 AM)Gloomy Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:59 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:57 AM)Gloomy Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:56 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:54 AM)Gloomy Wrote: and Bay-Brad didnt make it that way cause i believe he started this when MFB was only out in japan and hasbro had not yet release any beyblade stuff no? so how we have included it if he didnt know about it?

Well I'll agree with Kai-V on this one. BBDamashii and OtC condemned the use of Hasbro stadiums, aside from the V-Force Mobile Stadium. This was long before MFB. Hasbro has always made inferior stadiums.

BBDamashii and OtC? yo lost me their haha Joyful_2

Before Beywiki (eventually WBO) there was Beyblade Blade Damashii and Off the Chain. They were the main Beyblade sites.

so it was based off the theory " well since hasbro made poor stadiums before,we shouldnt expect them to make any better ones"?

Well even through this generation it's stayed true, but I think we should embrace Hasbro stadiums (for those how can't afford TT).

dang,Bey-Brad covered alost everything didnt he,but theirs always room for change Joyful_2
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:47 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Kai-V:What? That makes no sense.

1.If the metagame is "better dominated by Attack",then wouldn't that make the game just as boring as it being dominated by Stamina/Defense?

2.I see no point in not allowing people to live within their means to play Beyblade. It just doesn't seem fair to make them pay for these kinds of things just to play in tournaments.

3.If people can't play Beyblade internationally,what's the point of a WBO?
Read some of the topics about this, notably when the ban of the Libra Wheel was being voted ...

Except everybody has to pay for these ... It is not as if some of us got them for very low prices and others did not.

People can play Beyblade internationally, as you could see ...
Here's my thought right now.

If we ban Hasbro Stadiums,we may as well ban all of Hasbro's stuff from play. It basically has the same effect. What point is there to having a worldwide Beyblade site if no one can fully utilize it without a certain kind of Stadium that's extremely hard to find? And does it stop there? What about Hasbro winders? Should we ban those for being shorter than Takara Tomy winders? What about the Hasbro Burn wheel? Should that be banned for not having the engraving? And those new Hasbro exclusive Hybrid Wheel releases? Should those be banned for not being made by Takara Tomy?

It sounds silly, but that could be the extent of it. Banning Hasbro stadiums from play is just as frivolous as banning winders or an unengraved wheel or exclusive releases.

Kai-V:I'm not going to start a fight with you.All I wanted was to make the game more accessible to those who couldn't obtain the Takara Tomy Blades and accessories. But I see it's pointless to go on right now. If you really feel like excluding people because they can't get an expensive stadium is the right thing, I won't stop you. But just think about it for a while.
exactly who consist of the commite consist of? and Hopefully Hasbro comes up with a balanced stadium soon,it seems their doing a trail and error thing
PTW- SUCKS hard
Lighting Force- better,dut still it sucks
and the other stadium they have- well nobodys bought it but if the chain is like i think,its better
(Dec. 20, 2010  4:17 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Here's my thought right now.

If we ban Hasbro Stadiums,we may as well ban all of Hasbro's stuff from play. It basically has the same effect. What point is there to having a worldwide Beyblade site if no one can fully utilize it without a certain kind of Stadium that's extremely hard to find? And does it stop there? What about Hasbro winders? Should we ban those for being shorter than Takara Tomy winders? What about the Hasbro Burn wheel? Should that be banned for not having the engraving? And those new Hasbro exclusive Hybrid Wheel releases? Should those be banned for not being made by Takara Tomy?

It sounds silly, but that could be the extent of it. Banning Hasbro stadiums from play is just as frivolous as banning winders or an unengraved wheel or exclusive releases.
There is seriously no point here, that is just ridiculous, hah. Of course the only thing that does not fit in this competitive hobby is Hasbro's Beystadiums, we never even considered banning anything else.

Gloomy Wrote:exactly who consist of the commite consist of?
You can see that in the Member List, at the end of the first list of members, "Show Forum Team". A few other people were part of the Committee at some point though, like Brad.
(Dec. 20, 2010  4:17 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Here's my thought right now.

If we ban Hasbro Stadiums,we may as well ban all of Hasbro's stuff from play.

Hasbro Stadiums are illegal for play because they are inferior and don't give fair well rounded results inbattle.
It would be ridiculous to ban all of Hasbro's BMF because they are not inferior and are in some cases superior.
we could always kill off the commitee members.......haha i am joking,i wouldnt dare hunt the commitee memebers down and wait to their not looking and tomahawk them in the back of the head,but i see where Black Ace is coming from,but hopefully that doesnt happen cause it would make it even more worse for hasbro players,not being able to use hasbro stuff and having to import stuff,id rather just import a 15-25$ stadium
By the way, everytime a new Hasbro Beystadium comes out, we "think about it for a while". I will grant that most of us have the prejudice that it will be as bad as all the other stadiums Hasbro made, and that while it is still 'undecided' upon its release it is automatically ranged in the rulebook below the "All Hasbro Beystadiums are illegal" rule, however proper tests are always done and the decision always depends on the results. If some of the best possible Attack parts that can be made in Metal Fight Beyblade are inefficient, then unfortunately the stadium is not good enough.

Hasbro is slowly getting somewhere though, let us hope.
No one is stopping you guys from hosting tournaments with Hasbro stadiums. If you want to do it, go ahead. They just won't be sanctioned. Stop saying things like "the WBO is not allowing you to..."
Can I enter here? I don't think TT's Attack Stadiums are really fair either.As it favors Attack it basically destroys Defense from play.As so Hasbro stadiums favor stamina/defense so that attack is less used.So there really isn't a fair Hasbro stadium as for TT's Attack stadium.So I think only balanced stadiums should be used that favors no types of bey.

Edit:Yea I just noticed someone said this on page 2 xD srry!
Smithicide

Do you even own an attack stadium if you did you would know that:

a. Its the fairest stadium out althought I can understand your reasoning for beleiving otherwise

b. In comparison to how much Hasbro stadiums favour Stamina/defence the Attack stadiums so called favouring of Attck types is minimal.
we never said they werent,we just want a 3rd set of rules since the WBO only except TT attack stadium,or at least thats what i am saying,and will just have to wait for hasbro to make a good stadium and then we can bring this up again..
(Dec. 20, 2010  5:57 AM)mattchi95 Wrote: Can I enter here? I don't think TT's Attack Stadiums are really fair either.As it favors Attack it basically destroys Defense from play.As so Hasbro stadiums favor stamina/defense so that attack is less used.So there really isn't a fair Hasbro stadium as for TT's Attack stadium.So I think only balanced stadiums should be used that favors no types of bey.
There are not as many good Defense parts as there are good Attack parts though. Plus, read other posts as well, like those that highlight that in most tournaments, Attack types do not dominate.

Gloomy Wrote:WBO only except TT attack stadium
This is not true. Our rulebooks clearly stipulate that both the Super Attack Type and Balance Type Beystadiums are legal as well, which is why I mentioned that earlier. Those other two types are just not the ideal environment for tests themselves.

Gloomy Wrote:will just have to wait for hasbro to make a good stadium and then we can bring this up again..
You will not even have to bring this back, we will make an intelligent choice on the matter before another debate even begins again.
I'm just saying there should be a stadium that favors NO bey types but I don't know if TT or Hasbro has made this kind of stadium (Probly not Tired)
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:06 AM)mattchi95 Wrote: I'm just saying there should be a stadium that favors NO bey types but I don't know if TT or Hasbro has made this kind of stadium (Probly not Tired)
We are telling you that despite its name, the Attack Type Beystadium is the closest to that ideal we currently have.
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:02 AM)Gloomy Wrote: we never said they werent,we just want a 3rd set of rules since the WBO only except TT attack stadium,or at least thats what i am saying,and will just have to wait for hasbro to make a good stadium and then we can bring this up again..

I was speaking to mattchi98
ah sorry used to putting attack down :\
@Moss- i was talking to Cye Kinomiya
and is their a point to keeping this open anymore?
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:06 AM)mattchi95 Wrote: I'm just saying there should be a stadium that favors NO bey types but I don't know if TT or Hasbro has made this kind of stadium (Probly not Tired)
We are telling you that despite its name, the Attack Type Beystadium is the closest to that ideal we currently have.

Oh srry for wasting you time then :\ oh and moss it's 95 not 98 Joyful_2
super attack seems bad enough as to where you moght as well make lightning force legal.
seems
(Dec. 20, 2010  4:36 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: super attack seems bad enough as to where you moght as well make lightning force legal.
seems
At least Attack types are not completely useless in it. When we discussed about this in the Committee, it was either we only allowed two Beystadiums, or we found at least a third one where Attack types could be used.
I really don't understand where this is coming from. I see people demanding a new set of rules for Hasbro stadiums, and acknowledging that the tournaments don't have to be ranked through beypoints.

Isn't this the same as having your own gathering?

The WBO isn't a regulatory source for all your beyblading activities, it only regulates the tournaments held that affect it's ranking system.

So what activities will this new set of rules act as a guide for?

To my understanding, the only thing it could posisble regulate, assuming the people arguing this still acknowledge that the activities conducted under the new set of rules will not be ranked through the beypoint system, is testing and giving faces for winning tournament.

As for testing, Stamina and destabilisers aren't a problem to be tested in Hasbro stadiums, so long as they don't have horrible recoil, and are tested gainst top tier combos. If attack types do well in a Hasbro stadium, all the more reason for it to be further tested by others. The only problem is defence types, which are already clearly established, and testing defence types in a stadium that clearly favours them makes no sense.

In any case, any favourable results could already be further tested in the "Beyblade parts testing requests" thread in Beyblade Customisations.

As for the awarding of faces, I'm sure most would acknowledge that the hasbro stadiums are not as competitive as the legalised stadiums.

Thus wouldn't it be unfair to award a face of the same value to the winner of a tournament with much less emphasis on skill brought about by the legalised stadiums?

My case in point is, that a new set of rules is useless.

Not that this long winded, and grammatically incorrect post was needed seeing as Kai-V has already confirmed her decision, hah.
My opinion on this is to make a proper tier list for combos and parts like there was with the HMS generation so that even if they can't make a combo that is top tier they can still have a decent combo.

Here's mine for attack:

Tier 1
Wheels
Lightning
Ray
Vulcan
Pegasis

Tier 2
Storm
Quetz
Leone
Saggitario

Tier 3
Aquario
Gemios
Rock
Galaxy

In my mind this is pretty accurate. Obviously we would need to do more testing to see about tracks and how the plastic attack bottoms rate.
To all who say "have your own gatherings, and not have them sanctioned by the WBO". What is the problem with adding another set of rules (which are voluntarily being written by the people who want them) and a forum for people to set up these gatherings? No Beypoints, no ranking. Just a place for Hasbro-only bladers to get together.
Because you can make the rules whatever the hell you want; it doesn't matter.
Perhaps we should take a look at ALL Bey parts each individual owns, ask for info on experience, knowledge, techniques, etc. and then place bladers in groups according to the information gathered.

I think this way, the experienced players can battle against each other and the not so experienced with each other so in the finals we can have say one pro, one intermediate and two beginners or something similar, just to keep it fair and give newcomers a shot at winning.

This method may take some time but it could make a difference.