An arguement for metagame adjustment

I've read a lot of things on here that,to a lot of EXPERIENCED Bladers, make sense. But what about people who lack the resources and experience to understand and obtain the necessary things for WBO-sanctioned Beyblade play?

I think there's been a serious oversight.

I'm not saying that the current rules of play are bad or anything, I'm saying they're...exclusive to a degree that could harm the community. Not every WBO member has Paypal,or can afford the imported goods, or get them shipped to their respective countries of origin. I'm suggesting maybe there should either

1.Be a 3rd set of rules
or
2.The commuity should integrate more of the Hasbro stuff.

Let's face it. A lot of bladers are still not old enough to buy their own supplies. They rely on their parents to do it for them. And I don't think my mom and dad would buy a 25 dollar piece of plastic from Japan and get it shipped from there.

I've said what I needed to say on this matter. I appreciate discussion as well.
I joined this website like six months ago, it's not that hard.
Everyone has (or should have) the capability to read.
Also there's always ways to get beys. People can mess aroud with their Hasbro stadiums at home/use them in Hasbro tournaments, and they can attend tournaments where people have the Attack Stadium.
Thing is, if we integrate things from Hasbro, i.e. the stadiums, it would make the whole Beyblade metagame unbalanced. Stamina would rule.

Hasbro's stadiums are the only major problem, and there isn't much we can do to fix it.
(Dec. 20, 2010  2:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I joined this website like six months ago, it's not that hard.
Also there's always ways to get beys.

if your willing to pay a pretty penny,i mean people price one bey at 50$, but ill have to agree with ray joker,it would unbalance the metagame,unless we made a seprare section for Hasbro
(Dec. 20, 2010  2:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I joined this website like six months ago, it's not that hard.
Also there's always ways to get beys.

But not everyone will have access to those methods. I was trying to say, we should be able to cater to those who can't access the expensive imported stuff.

@ Ray Joker:What's more important: people being able to play the game or how the game is played?

@Gloomy: I was leaning towards a seperate ruleset. I'd be more than happy to make one.
(Dec. 20, 2010  2:54 AM)Gloomy Wrote: if your willing to pay a pretty penny,i mean people price one bey at 50$,

nothing on the top-tier list costs that much to obtain.

(Dec. 20, 2010  2:56 AM)BlackAce Wrote: But not everyone will have access to those methods. I was trying to say, we should be able to cater to those who can't access the expensive imported stuff.
most (competitive) imported stuff is cheap if you're smart.
People playing the game is important.

But since we can already play it, it is not fair to other people at the same time, (If we use unbalanced stadiums) which takes away the fun this game should have.

The WBO sanction lets people play it and at the same time gives it balance, but some people just can't afford it. If we can already play this hobby, then making it balanced is the next step.
I've been thinking about this I got back into the hobby. My idea is a 3rd set of "Hasbro" rules. This would be a tier of tournaments in countries that only have Hasbro items domestically, using Lightning Force or Max Stampede as the main testing stadium. This could start a new tier of combos, specifically for Hasbro-only tournaments. One that I've been testing is Hasbro Dark Wolf 105 WD. It has a 66.7% win ratio over Earth Bull 145 WD.
Oy...Mc Frown, you're missing the point. As I said in the opening post, a lot of the bladers that are having this problem are under 18,and have to rely on their parents to obtain Blading supplies. And a lot of parents are reluctant to put their credit card information out on the internet. Paypal isn't that much better,either.

That's my point. For those who have NO way of accessing the Takara Tomy stuff, make a subset of rules for Hasbro or something.

Evan:You've got the idea! If we do something like that, then it would make the game a lot more accessible.
really? whats the highest you have payed for one bey?
but i am still siding with Ray Joker
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:01 AM)Gloomy Wrote: really? whats the highest you have payed for one bey?
but i am still siding with Ray Joker

Well for starters, the Attack Stadium. It's nearly impossible to find it on it's own. I got my Galaxy Pegasis DX Kit, which was purchased for ONLY the attack stadium, at $68 shipped. That was the best price I could find.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:00 AM)Evan Wrote: I've been thinking about this I got back into the hobby. My idea is a 3rd set of "Hasbro" rules. This would be a tier of tournaments in countries that only have Hasbro items domestically, using Lightning Force or Max Stampede as the main testing stadium. This could start a new tier of combos, specifically for Hasbro-only tournaments. One that I've been testing is Hasbro Dark Wolf 105 WD. It has a 66.7% win ratio over Earth Bull 145 WD.

yes i agree with that,we should have a 3rd set of hasbro rules
In this community, we actually help people get better deals for beys. Not only that, but steer them away from bad purchases.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:03 AM)Dan Wrote: In this community, we actually help people get better deals for beys. Not only that, but steer them away from bad purchases.

This still doesn't help the large amount of people who can't order online...
Dimsum2u sells a BB-32 for about 58$ which comes with 2 beylaunchers, D. Wolf + Storm Peggy, and an Attack Stadium.

beyblademon is selling a separate attack stadium for 25$.

If people can't order online, can't they ask someone who does for them?
@Gloomy:I paid 56 dollars for a Meteo L Drago (which STILL hasn't arrived yet). But that's besides the point. I really think this is a good idea, and it can work.

Dan & Ray Joker:Missing. Point. The audience this ruleset is aimed at CANNOT ORDER ONLINE.They have NO ACCESS to a CREDIT CARD or PAYPAL w/o PARENTAL PERMISSION.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:04 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Dimsum2u sells a BB-32 for about 58$ which comes with 2 beylaunchers, D. Wolf + Storm Peggy, and an Attack Stadium.

beyblademon is selling a separate attack stadium for 25$.

If people can't order online, can't they ask someone who does for them?

and the likley hood of them paying 25$ for a a big peice of plastic from japan is...
Wow, AkirasDaddy is half the price of that. (But you probably already know that) < Off topic.

A third set of Hasbro rules would require a lot of testing ...
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:04 AM)BlackAce Wrote: @Gloomy:I paid 56 dollars for a Meteo L Drago (which STILL hasn't arrived yet). But that's besides the point. I really think this is a good idea, and it can work.

Unhappy That's sad to hear about the Meteo L Drago. I agree, this can and should work. I think the current two formats are too limiting. This would open up a lot more tournaments, which Hasbro players desperately need.

EDIT

(Dec. 20, 2010  3:07 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: A third set of Hasbro rules would require a lot of testing ...

I would be willing to help with this testing. It's not a problem.
@Gloomy:Thank you. That's what I was trying to say.

Ray JokerConfusedorry,I didn't mean to say it like that. I'm just trying to say that in the long run, the third ruleset is probably the most accessible alternative to people spending boatloads. And I figured that a lot of testing would be required, but seeing as the materials are accessible in brick & mortar stores, this is probably a good choice for the community.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:04 AM)Evan Wrote: This still doesn't help the large amount of people who can't order online...
Very true, but that was a response to Gloomy who was saying how expensive beyblades are. :V

Perhaps people with this difficulty, or us, create a branch of the WBO for strictly Hasbro merchandise giving it an independent metagame from our own..?
As I understand it, the rationale behind the WBO rules is that Beyblade is, at its most fundamental level, a competitive game. As such it's necessary to use Takara Tomy's rules and equipment, since they make a competitive game marketed as a hobby, while Hasbro markets it purely as a character/TV show driven toy-line, which [along with safety regulations and concerns] results in the Hasbro metagame being skewed towards favouring stamina and defense types, and they seem to think some products aren't viable for the western market, like the Beylauncher-L. All this adds up to make the Hasbro metagame a series of uneventful right spin stamina battles.

The WBO rules don't prevent anyone using only Hasbro Beys, Gear and Stadiums, they're just not sanctioned for official WBO tournaments, where an effort is made to remain true to the notion that this is a competitive game, as should remain the case given that the tournaments use a scoring and ranking system designed to measure the skill of individual bladers.

Without wanting to sound confrontational, I think the best solution would be to start your own league with your own rules, and sanction whatever equipment you'd like to see used, rather than ask the WBO staff to amend a system that's already in place, and has been running for some time, which would make the future rankings unrepresentative of how well people play the game as per the current rules and vice versa.
hey iv looked on ebay and its insane that people want 20-50$ for a pice of plastic and metal Speechless and exactly create a new branch for Hasbro players
So,getting back on topic...

I'm proposing that anyone who's interested (I'm in,and I think Evan said he was interested earlier in the topic) help make a 3rd set of Hasbro-oriented rules, and present them to the committee.

Anyone else want to help,let me know via PM.
(Dec. 20, 2010  3:14 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote: As I understand it, the rationale behind the WBO rules is that Beyblade is, at its most fundamental level, a competitive game. As such it's necessary to use Takara Tomy's rules and equipment, since they make a competitive game marketed as a hobby, while Hasbro markets it purely as a character/TV show driven toy-line, which [along with safety regulations and concerns] results in the Hasbro metagame being skewed towards favouring stamina and defense types, and they seem to think some products aren't viable for the western market, like the Beylauncher-L. All this adds up to make the Hasbro metagame a series of uneventful right spin stamina battles.

The WBO rules don't prevent anyone using only Hasbro Beys, Gear and Stadiums, they're just not sanctioned for official WBO tournaments, where an effort is made to remain true to the notion that this is a competitive game, as should remain the case given that the tournaments use a scoring and ranking system designed to measure the skill of individual bladers.

Without wanting to sound confrontational, I think the best solution would be to start your own league with your own rules, and sanction whatever equipment you'd like to see used, rather than ask the WBO staff to amend a system that's already in place, and has been running for some time, which would make the future rankings unrepresentative of how well people play the game as per the current rules and vice versa.

But why exclude a large portion of the Beyblade audience with these rules, when we can simply write a third set of rules for them to use?