All Toys-R-Us stores are closing

It was just announced that Toys-R-Us could not make a breakthrough during bankruptcy and will be closing all its 800 locations.

This one hurts. While I can't think of the last thing I bought from them since Metal Fight ended, I loved Toys-R-Us. When I was a kid going there was always a blast, and when I was older it was literally their large Metal Fight display that got me into this hobby. Every time I traveled I made a point to find the local Toys-R-Us and see if they had any neat Beyblades in stock, and nearly every time I'd find something cool. It was something about the atmosphere that was so much more fun than places like the toy isle at Wal-Mart, which usually made up for the fact that the prices were significantly higher Greedy

Here's wishing for the best for all of Toys-R-Us's employees, and I hope one day we might see a successor pop up on the market. Until then, it's worth checking out your local store over the next few months as they'll all be having liquidation sales.
i’ve dumped thousands and thousands of dollars into toys r us for my kids over the years.  i’m sad to see them go. i love that place because there is nothing else like it in the US.

BUT no surprise they are toast, sadly.  aside from the leveraged buyout debt burden and amazon competition, toys r us is a horribly managed retail experience for customers.

many empty shelves, inaccurate inventory counts online, that RIDICULOUS price match game, a broken stupid website that doesn’t load properly on iphones — they deserve to be belly up.

i’m sad for the workers, but they are terribly underpaid in the US as well.  the whole company is just a giant failure.

let’s hope their resources and sales revenue go to a better and more efficient competitor.
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:27 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’ve dumped tens of thousands into toys r us for my kids over the years.  i’m sad to see them go. i love that place because there is nothing else like it in the US.

BUT no surprise they are toast, sadly.  aside from the leveraged buyout debt burden and amazon competition, toys r us is a horribly managed retail experience for customers.

many empty shelves, inaccurate inventory counts online, that RIDICULOUS price match game, a broken stupid website that doesn’t load properly on iphones — they deserve to be belly up.

i’m sad for the workers, but they are terribly underpaid in the US as well.  the whole company is just a giant failure.

let’s hope their resources and sales revenue go to a better and more efficient competitor.

i only see one good thing in this they do a blowout sale and beyblade burst evolution starters will be 5$!!!!!!!!!
[quote pid='1424302' dateline='1521082465']
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:27 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’ve dumped tens of thousands into toys r us for my kids over the years.  i’m sad to see them go. i love that place because there is nothing else like it in the US.

i only see one good thing in this they do a blowout sale and beyblade burst evolution starters will be 5$!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

As if it wasn't hard enough already to find new beys in stock... now I'm gonna have to compete with the people buying them all up on sale...

The worst part is my local TRU has been my one-stop beyblade spot since I got back in, midway through burst. They've always been 1-2 waves ahead of target and Wal-mart, which made their stupidly high prices... somewhat more tolerable? Lol

Edit: Mobile pls
This is a disappointment to all bladers. Guess we have to say goodbye to Toys-R-Us.
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:07 AM)Sillybears Wrote: In us or every where?

I think the Canadian ones are staying open.
(Mar. 28, 2018  7:17 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:07 AM)Sillybears Wrote: In us or every where?

I think the Canadian ones are staying open.

Only the Canadian ones that have gone bankrupt are closing.
It looks like only the USA is losing Toysrus, I honestly think the UK, EU, and Asian Toysrus stores and some of the Canadian Toysrus stores are gonna survive.
(Mar. 31, 2018  10:08 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: It looks like only the USA is losing Toysrus, I honestly think the UK, EU, and Asian Toysrus stores and some of the Canadian Toysrus stores are gonna survive.

The UK Toys R Us' are closing too.
It’s super sad that toys r us is closeing down