Airsoft

Anyone else here into airsoft? Smile

Post what guns you have here + some details of them (FPS, upgrades, lalala etc.)

Hong Kong Law (Click to View)

i have one airsoft that i broke
(Aug. 07, 2010  6:28 PM)pegasis105rf Wrote: i have one airsoft that i broke

aw Unhappy
Do you remember the brand/model of it? Smile
Hmm in England, there's the law which states that, unless you've gone to an airsoft site 3 times and skirmished with proof, you can only buy an airsoft gun after having half of it painted a distinct colour to prove it's not a real gun. Since going 3 times is often more than just buying a gun, I just bought a JG HK416. Yes, I know it's a clone of Tokyo Marui's, but it's not really worth it to pay ~£120 to go 3 times and another £120-300 for a gun, depending on model and make, unless you take it seriously.

This isn't mine, but it's the same thing:

[Image: t-580.jpg]
Aww England laws must suck Unhappy
Maybe I'll post the prices of the guns up in the OP as well.
What's the power limit in england?
JG isn't that bad anyway... Just upgrade your uh. gearbox...
(Aug. 07, 2010  7:13 PM)Jerf Wrote: Aww England laws must suck Unhappy
Maybe I'll post the prices of the guns up in the OP as well.
What's the power limit in england?
JG isn't that bad anyway... Just upgrade your uh. gearbox...

Mine's 'broken'. The barrel's all messed up cos I didn't clean it the first time or something and didn't maintain it properly.

The power limit at the sites is around 330-340 fps. Apparently snipers are around 400, but that's due to their distance too.
(Aug. 07, 2010  8:39 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Mine's 'broken'. The barrel's all messed up cos I didn't clean it the first time or something and didn't maintain it properly.

The power limit at the sites is around 330-340 fps. Apparently snipers are around 400, but that's due to their distance too.

Do bbs not come out??
you could always get a HK416 barrel upgrade.

So snipers have a minimum engagement distance at which they're allowed to shoot the guy?
(Aug. 07, 2010  8:55 PM)Jerf Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2010  8:39 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Mine's 'broken'. The barrel's all messed up cos I didn't clean it the first time or something and didn't maintain it properly.

Do bbs not come out??
you could always get a HK416 barrel upgrade.

So snipers have a minimum engagement distance at which they're allowed to shoot the guy?

BBs come out straight for like 2 metres then swerve severely. It is basically out of use now, and I wouldn't know how to do a HK416 upgrade. It's roughly the same as modding an M4, but it's been ~2 years since I last read something on how to do it. If I were to get it fixed, I'd probably send it in for repair, but it'd probably be more worthwhile to just buy a new one.

I don't know the minimum distance because I've never been, to be honest.
(Aug. 07, 2010  8:59 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: BBs come out straight for like 2 metres then swerve severely. It is basically out of use now, and I wouldn't know how to do a HK416 upgrade. It's roughly the same as modding an M4, but it's been ~2 years since I last read something on how to do it. If I were to get it fixed, I'd probably send it in for repair, but it'd probably be more worthwhile to just buy a new one.

I don't know the minimum distance because I've never been, to be honest.

I think it must be a hop-up problem then.
Is the hop-up adjustable? Maybe you could try setting it to normal (no hop) then firing semi and adjusting the hop up towards the right setting until the bbs fly straight.
If that still doesn't work get a replacement hop-up bucking. Those are fairly cheap.
My parents won't let me own the things, but when I (rarely) play, I use a basic pistol, and sometimes an Assault Rifle. I don't know the model, but they are the basic weapons. So many people play; makes me jealous sometimes...
(Aug. 07, 2010  11:40 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: My parents won't let me own the things, but when I (rarely) play, I use a basic pistol, and sometimes an Assault Rifle. I don't know the model, but they are the basic weapons. So many people play; makes me jealous sometimes...

So you rent guns at the fields right?
Most rental guns here in Hong Kong are either MP5, AK or G36C
(Aug. 08, 2010  5:53 AM)Jerf Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2010  11:40 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: My parents won't let me own the things, but when I (rarely) play, I use a basic pistol, and sometimes an Assault Rifle. I don't know the model, but they are the basic weapons. So many people play; makes me jealous sometimes...

So you rent guns at the fields right?
Most rental guns here in Hong Kong are either MP5, AK or G36C

You assume we play at a field, which we don't. We play around the forests near our neighbourhood.
(Aug. 08, 2010  3:45 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: You assume we play at a field, which we don't. We play around the forests near our neighbourhood.

Oh.
I assumed because it's illegal to expose guns in public here... (I'm pretty sure that's for every country)
And even a 'forest' here is pretty public...
Well, I have no idea. like I said, I don't really play. regardless, they have odd-ish colors, so i guess everyone knows that there are not real guns...
Hm... I'm thinking of getting into this. How much should I expect to spend on an airsoft gun?
Heh, better start saving then. Any recommendations for a first buy?
(Aug. 08, 2010  10:28 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Heh, better start saving then. Any recommendations for a first buy?

Variations of the M4, MP5, AK47, M16, G36 etc are usually good buys.
And for a sidearm?

Should I even get a sidearm?
(Aug. 08, 2010  10:36 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: And for a sidearm?

I've never actually been to a site, but I'd probably say no at first. You might want to get one if you become proper serious about it though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutthedoggie
im saving up for a machine gun or assult rifle should be getin it next time we go to academy

If you end up getting a sidearm, you'd want something compact, like the (obvious) pistol, or a small machine gun (like an Uzi). Something small and light.
(Aug. 07, 2010  6:32 PM)Jerf Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2010  6:28 PM)pegasis105rf Wrote: i have one airsoft that i broke

aw Unhappy
Do you remember the brand/model of it? Smile
it was a desert eagle

A Gas Pistol
My Glock keeps shouting GLOCK at me
Glocks ftw <3
Love their ergonomics and trigger safety. It's a love or hate thing...
If you want something square and sturdy in your hands, Glock.
If you want something more... curved, 1911/Berettas/USPs
If you want something big carp and slightly uncomfortable to hold, but intimidating, the Desert Eagle Uncertain
i am gonna get another one