Actually making a proper Hasbro article.

(Jun. 29, 2012  10:29 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Looks to be a Striker/Unicorno or an Aries. Pretty sure on Striker/Unicorno though.

Raigeko13 wins!

Looking at an unmodified version, it looks like a striker.

[Image: 541512_171597282973308_520764702_n.jpg]
This weekend I can do the comparisson with TAKARA-TOMY, but what do you mean by format?

I can also do the prices part.

Only for MFB though.
(Jun. 30, 2012  12:01 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: This weekend I can do the comparisson with TAKARA-TOMY, but what do you mean by format?

I can also do the prices part.

Only for MFB though.

"Format" as in that Hasbro releases almost everything as Starters, with not that many Sets.
Sorting my thoughts first so I get confirmation that I'm not losing my mind.
(Jun. 22, 2012  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: --Differences from Takara/TAKARA-TOMY products
---Format
  • Starters, not many sets
  • Boosters during metal masters for legend series
  • Stadium sets with a Pegasis and l drago beyblade
  • Stadiums with two exits only and walls surrounding
  • Those square stadium things
  • The beyblade carry case stadium things
---Molds
  • I will hunt for them
---Weights
  • Common confusion about hasbro being heavier, not actually the case.
  • edit: also, these 4D sons of guns being lighter.
---Colours
  • I need help here
---Materials (?)
  • Same as TAKARA-TOMY
  • Should I mention that some rubber parts feel softer or harder or whatever?
--Prices
  • Starters $10 (I'll find the standard retail price don't worry)
  • Boosters somethingdollars
  • Stadiums same price as starters
  • accessories same price as starters too (I believe. I'll look)

If anyone can help or add more to this, I'd really appreciate it. Also, if you guys can write lists like this for any other section, I can write it up for you.
Hm, again, it seemed like such a "given" information that I did not do a section about the stadiums. Do not add it into the Format sub-section, create a new sub-section.

By "Colours", I meant that we needed to say that Hasbro offered exclusive colours not released by TAKARA-TOMY. The latter still makes many recolours that Hasbro did not release though, so generally they must have approximately as many recolours, simply not the same ones.
Ok I'll do that.

Yeah I know what you meant by colours, I just needed help to know which ones. I guess Imperial's topic is the jackpot though!
Sweet, I was confused about the colours section a bit, whether it was for regular color differences, or actual exclusive parts.
Yo Shaba, I got the prices section covered, getting the stuff direct from Beyblades section on hasbro.com
I can also try to hunt for molds once I'm finished with the Prices section.
Shabalabadoo Wrote:Starters $7.99
Boosters: $4.99
Stadiums: $9.99
Faceoff Pack: $14.99
Accessories: $7.99
Stealth Battlers: $9.99
Tornado Battlers: $7.99
Electro Battlers: $12.99
Team Packs: $19.99

Here are the approx. retail prices from the Hasbro website.
EDIT: Whoops didn't see your post there Rai.
Sweet sweet thanks guys!

Kai-V, would you like the Stealth, Tornado, and Electro Battlers' prices in the Side-Series section?
Nah, it's alright! Haha, I don't mind. Need to mention that those are all in USD too probably. I'll be covering a few more things as well, so yeah.
Sure.

Also, although those might be the retail prices on Hasbro's site, they definitely do not cost that here, and no, I do not live in Australia.
We will definitely need to add in other prices then, and specify which ones are which. Get the approximate retails if you can from Canada, and I'll add em in.
Australia is stupid.
(Jun. 22, 2012  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: --Differences from Takara/TAKARA-TOMY products
---Format
  • Starters, not many sets
  • Boosters during metal masters for legend series
  • Stadium sets with a Pegasis and l drago beyblade
  • Stadiums with two exits only and walls surrounding
  • Those square stadium things
  • The beyblade carry case stadium things
---Molds
  • BB-59 Burn Phoenix 135MS (There is no Burn text engraved into the sides of the wheel.)
---Weights
  • There has been common confusion about Hasbro parts being heavier, but it is not actually the case.
  • Metal Fury Beyblades
    -L-Drago Destructor (L-Drago III weighs KluelessKeng, approximately KluelessKeng less than the previous mold.)
    -Forbidden Ionis ED145FB (Forbidden weighs KluelessKeng, approximately KluelessKeng less than the previous mold.)
    (Going to need some more official weights, will add in more over time.)
---Colours
  • BB-95 Flame Byxis 230WD (Pink)
  • Others pending by Imperial
---Materials (?)
  • Same as TAKARA-TOMY.
  • Rubber parts have been noticeably softer, such as L-Drago II, RF, RS, ect.
--Prices
  • Starters $7.99
  • Boosters: $4.99
  • Stadiums: $9.99
  • Faceoff Pack: $14.99
  • Stealth Battlers: $9.99
  • Tornado Battlers: $7.99
  • Electro Battlers: $12.99
  • Team Packs: $19.99
  • IR Spin Control: $29.99
  • Accessories: Varies
    -Rapid Deploy Case: $7.99
    -Beytarget Grip: $9.99
    -Rip Gauge Launcher: $14.99
    -Beylocker: $12.99 (Both)
    -Angle Compass Custom Grip: $7.99
    -Rev Up Launcher: $7.99 ((Both)
    -Wind Up & Shoot Launcher $7.99 (Both)
    -Beyblaster: $9.99
    -Duotron Launcher: $9.99
    -Launcher Grip: $7.99 (Both, and the Grip paired with Flame Sagittario C145S.)
    - String Launcher: $7.99 (Both)
    -Assembly Chamber: $9.99
    -Beybag (Not sure on name, it's the one paired with Dark Gasher CH120FS): KluelessKen

• Sets: Varies
    -Super Vortex Set (Storm Pegasus 105RF, Lightning L-Drago 100HF): $24.99
    -Super Vortex Set (Hyper Aquario 105F, Thunder Libra DF145BS): KluelessKen
    -Beyblade Metal Masters Triple Battle Set: $34.99
    -Beyblade Xtreme Top System Half-Pipe Battle Set: $29.99
  • Sets (Store Exclusives)
    -Ultimate Gift Set (Walmart): $39.99 KluelessKen
    -Max Stampede Stadium Set (Costco): KluelessKen
    -Pegasus Battle Set (Target): $19.99
    -L-Drago Battle Set (Target): $19.99

All of these prices are in USD.

If you have any questions about anything I have here, go ahead and ask.
Put KluelessKen by the stuff I don't know 100%, or I'm not entirely sure on.
The Super Vortex Set with Thunder Libra and Hyper Aquario is a Toysrus exclusive, and the price says $32.99 on their website.

So, what exactly needs to be done for the color section? Is it a list of all the parts that Hasbro released in a different color and their color?
Not a list. We explain what I wrote a few posts ago, and we just list examples for everything without it being exhaustive.
Ok, sounds good.

Shouldn't there be a Beywheelz section? It could talk about the new launcher, new part names etc.
BeyWheelz and every other irrelevant side series will go in the Side Series section. I do not want there to be any more space given to those on Beywiki ...
(Jun. 30, 2012  8:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: and no, I do not live in Australia.

C'mon guys, we all know Kai-V lives in the artic.

By the way, if there is anything I can do...let me know. As long as it doesn't include critiquing beyblade performances. Because I suck at that.
(Jul. 01, 2012  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: BeyWheelz and every other irrelevant side series will go in the Side Series section. I do not want there to be any more space given to those on Beywiki ...

(Sorry if this ends up as a double post, but y'know DSi internet browser issues Tired)

I think any series that makes over a milion dollars is not considered "irrelevant" in terms of corporate buisness, lol.

The side series includes BeyWheelz because it also has an anime counterpart. IMO, side series should be reserved for BeyWheelz only. And the XTS, IR Spin Control and etc... should be listed under "different product lines or something like that. Since the latter do not have such a big role (and therefore should not be considered a "side series").

Thats just my opinion. And plus its 1 AM here, som I'm probably derping.
We are a Beyblade wiki though. BeyWheelz is not part of Beyblade.
(Jul. 01, 2012  2:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We are a Beyblade wiki though. BeyWheelz is not part of Beyblade.

Technically it is. Too many similarities to not be. But whatever, just a suggestion Wink
Sorry for being late, but here we go, I have no idea how well this will turn out.

(Jun. 30, 2012  8:57 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
---Format

The bulk of Hasbro's releases comes as Starters, meaning they come with the Beyblade, a Launcher, a Winder, and a Tool. During Metal Masters, Hasbro released their Legend Series Beyblades; a Hybrid Wheel System version of TAKARA-TOMY Metal Syatem Beyblades, as Boosters and Starters. The two Super Vortex Sets came with a Super Vortex Stadium, two Launchers, two Winders, an Instruction Booklet, the L Drago Beyblade of that series, and the Pegasis Beyblade of that series. One Toys R Us Super Vortex Set came with Hyper Aquario 105F and Thunder Libra DF145BS instead, as well as a green Stadium, as part of Hasbro's "Sonic Series". The standard Stadium design for BMF is a wider Stadium with only two exits on the side, which were simple pockets. Designs variations occurred within the gimmick of the stadium floor. Additionally, Hasbro released square Stadiums as well as Stadiums that fold up into a carry case for Beyblades.

---Molds

The only part to have a Hasbro exclusive Mold is the Burn Metal Wheel, upon which the word "BURN" was removed for reasons not specified.

---Weights

Common confusion has arisen about the weights of Hasbro's parts, specifically that they are heavier than their TAKARA-TOMY counterparts. This has since been proven to be untrue, as Hasbro's parts have been measured countless times and weigh the exact same as TAKARA-TOMY parts. However, with Hasbro's Metal Fury line, their name for Metal Fight Beyblade 4D, significant changes were made to Beyblades, making KluelessKen and KluelessKen lighter blah blah blah.

---Colours
  • BB-95 Flame Byxis 230WD (Red)
  • Others pending by Imperial
---Materials (?)

All Hasbro plastic parts are made of PC plastic, all Metal parts of Zinc alloy, and all Rubber parts of PVC rubber; the same as TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades. However, the rubber parts have been noticeably softer, such as L Drago II, RF, RS, RSF, and CS.

--Prices
  • Starters $7.99
  • Boosters: $4.99
  • Stadiums: $9.99
  • Faceoff Pack: $14.99
  • Stealth Battlers: $9.99
  • Tornado Battlers: $7.99
  • Electro Battlers: $12.99
  • Team Packs: $19.99
  • IR Spin Control: $29.99
  • Accessories: Varies
    -Rapid Deploy Case: $7.99
    -Beytarget Grip: $9.99
    -Rip Gauge Launcher: $14.99
    -Beylocker: $12.99 (Both)
    -Angle Compass Custom Grip: $7.99
    -Rev Up Launcher: $7.99 ((Both)
    -Wind Up & Shoot Launcher $7.99 (Both)
    -Beyblaster: $9.99
    -Duotron Launcher: $9.99
    -Launcher Grip: $7.99 (Both, and the Grip paired with Flame Sagittario C145S.)
    - String Launcher: $7.99 (Both)
    -Assembly Chamber: $9.99
    -Beybag (Not sure on name, it's the one paired with Dark Gasher CH120FS): KluelessKen

• Sets: Varies
    -Super Vortex Set (Storm Pegasus 105RF, Lightning L-Drago 100HF): $24.99
    -Super Vortex Set (Hyper Aquario 105F, Thunder Libra DF145BS): KluelessKen
    -Beyblade Metal Masters Triple Battle Set: $34.99
    -Beyblade Xtreme Top System Half-Pipe Battle Set: $29.99
  • Sets (Store Exclusives)
    -Ultimate Gift Set (Walmart): $39.99 KluelessKen
    -Max Stampede Stadium Set (Costco): KluelessKen
    -Pegasus Battle Set (Target): $19.99
    -L-Drago Battle Set (Target): $19.99

All of these prices are in USD.

For the Mold section, I left out the Metal Fury for now. (because I think we should also mention them in the mold section?)
In the weights section, I didn't put any specifics yet for Metal Fury since I don't believe we have all of them? I saw the ones Kai-V posted yesterday or whenever it was.
I'm leaving the colours part for you Imperial.
For the materials, I had no idea what they were called, so I put whatever word came to my head first. Please check those for me.

So I barely had to do anything! Oh man, haha.

Also, I think we should add a "Name Variation" section.
I actually meant to put Flame Byxis' color as Red, since it was changed from Pink to Red.
And in the first paragraph you said that both Super Vortex Sets come with Storm Pegasus 105RF and Lighting L-Drago 100HF, but one of them has Hyper Aquario 105F and Thunder Libra DF145BS.
Metal Fury makes all third-season-only Metal Wheels up to ten grams lighter, not heavier at all.