A-108 Gaia Dragoon G Draft

Quote:Attack Ring: Dragon Saucer
Weight: 8 Grams
Dragon Saucer is a purple Attack Ring that depicts two dragons on either side. It has the ability to hold a Sub-Attack Ring, and is used in Sub-Attack Ring based Attack Combinations. The Sub-Attack Ring to Dragon Saucer is in the shape of a gear, with notches around the perimeter. This feature makes it useful in Zombie Combinations, using the notches as a way to interlock with the opposing Bey, which causes Spin Steal.

Use in Attack Combinations:
The Attack Ring can be used in conjunction with Screw Zeus by locking the Attack ring in place, which allows for force to transfer more solidly with the contact points on the Sub-Attack Ring.

AR: Dragon Saucer (Gaia Dragoon G)
Sub-AR: Screw Zeus (Zeus)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left/Neo Right Spin Gear (Heavy Metal Core) (Metal Driger)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted tip) (Seaborg)

Use in Zombie/LAD Combinations:
As stated earlier, when the Sub-Attack Ring is locked, the notches allow for Spin stealing.

AR: Twin Horn (White Gabriel G)
Sub-AR: Dragon Saucer (Gaia Dragoon G)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left Spin Gear (Double Bearing Version) (Burning Kerberous)
SG Shaft: SG (Wolborg 2)
SP: Defense Ring/Cross Survival/Twin Guard (Voltaic Ape, Dranzer V2, Blizzard Orthus)
BB: Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)

Weight Disk: Ten Heavy
Weight: 17 Grams
See [[Heavy Weight Disks]]

Engine Gear: Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat)
Weight: 11 Grams
The Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat Version) is similar to the Semi-Flat Version. It has a metal flat tip, as its name suggests, and the only difference design wise from the Semi-Flat version, is that the small step is filled in. It performs nearly identical to the Semi-Flat Engine Gear, but has a little more aggression, and a little less stamina. However, due to its height, it’s not useful in any sort of combination, and is outclassed by SG Metal Flat Base 2.

Blade Base: Final Clutch Base (Gaia Dragoon G Version)
Final Clutch Base (Gaia Dragoon G Version) is the same as most Final Clutch Bases, with the only difference being the design. The design difference that sets it apart from the other Final Clutch Bases is the triangles sticking out along the edges of the base, similar to that of Burning Kerberous’s Support Parts. Final Clutch Base releases its engine gear when it gets hit. Due to this, however, it makes the Bey more or less uncontrollable. Not only that, the tall height makes it very susceptible to Upper Attack, thus making this base unusable for any combinations.

Overall
Gaia Dragoon G has a good Attack Ring, Sub-Attack Ring, and weight disk. Not only that, it probably has one of the better Engine Gears compared to the others in the line. Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for any collection.

Gallery

Tagging @[Wombat] @[~Stoney~] @[Ultra]
Nice. Looks good to me dude. I can't think of anything to add. I don't think my best Gaia G is mint tho, so as far as donating pics for this one goes, I would, but only if nobody is willing to who has a mint one.
Anybody? Mint pics?
It's actually not a must-have for any collection, because it's so cheap. Joyful_2 Better would be:

Quote:Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for every competitive player. It's also a welcome addition to every collection, but not a must-have because of its low value compared to other plastics.

The rest is great!
Since I don't own a hasbro Gabriel I haven't really got any comments apart from superficial ones but:

-SG Metal Flat is Driger V's base. Gaia dragoon V's base is Metal Flat 2
-definitely not a must have bey. The only reason to have is if you like zombies.
-few very rare recolours: orange and for tourney gold and white.
(Mar. 13, 2016  1:14 PM)Ultra Wrote: Since I don't own a hasbro Gabriel I haven't really got any comments apart from superficial ones but:

-definitely not a must have bey. The only reason to have is if you like zombies.

Yeah, I knew it was sg metal flat 2, but when I looked at the plastics part list on beywiki, it has them both listed as SG metal flat. I'll fix it though. However, it is useful outside of zombies in sub-ar attack, but it is fairly cheap.

Thanks!
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:48 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  1:14 PM)Ultra Wrote: Since I don't own a hasbro Gabriel I haven't really got any comments apart from superficial ones but:

Yeah, I knew it was sg metal flat 2, but when I looked at the plastics part list on beywiki, it has them both listed as SG metal flat. I'll fix it though. However, it is useful outside of zombies in sub-ar attack, but it is fairly cheap.

Thanks!

Fair enough if that is the case but i've never heard anyone say that before.
(Mar. 13, 2016  6:25 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:48 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:

Thanks!

Fair enough if that is the case but i've never heard anyone say that before.

You use it in conjunction with Screw Zeus. Screw Zeus on Dragon Breaker is on it's way to being banned, so Dragon Saucer + Screw Zeus is the only alternative to make the combo work.
You should probably provide some testing or get someone else to test then because it can't really go in a beywiki article without being proven.

@[Kai-V]
(Mar. 13, 2016  9:25 PM)Ultra Wrote: You should probably provide some testing or get someone else to test then because it can't really go in a beywiki article without being proven.

@[Kai-V]

[Image: c6654949d9.png]

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-PLA-Ban...mbinations
Fair enough didn't know it was on there.
I made a few grammatical corrections below. Shouldn't you use ~Stoney~'s suggested Overall section though?

The Engine Gear description seems to say that it is not useful in any combination, but the Overall section currently states that it is one of the best Engine Gears. What is up hah?

Also, the only other issue is that I do not understand how the Attack Ring or Sub-Attack Ring gets locked. Could you describe that mechanism more?

Dragon Saucer is a purple Attack Ring that depicts two dragons on either side. It has the ability to hold a Sub-Attack Ring, and is used in Sub-Attack Ring based Attack Combinations. The Sub-Attack Ring to Dragon Saucer is in the shape of a gear, with notches around the perimeter. This feature makes it useful in Zombie Combinations, using the notches as a way to interlock with the opposing Bey, which causes Spin Steal.

The Attack Ring can be used in conjunction with Screw Zeus by locking the Attack Ring in place, which allows for force to transfer more solidly with the contact points on the Sub-Attack Ring.

As stated earlier, when the Sub-Attack Ring is locked, the notches allow for Spin stealing.

SP: Defense Ring/Cross Survival/Twin Guard (Voltaic Ape, Dranzer V2, Blizzard Orthus)

The Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat Version) is similar to the Semi-Flat Version. It has a metal flat tip, as its name suggests, and the only difference design-wise from the Semi-Flat version is that the small step is filled in. It performs nearly identical to the Semi-Flat Engine Gear, but has a little more aggression, and a little less stamina. However, due to its height, it’s not useful in any sort of combination, and is outclassed by SG Metal Flat Base.

Final Clutch Base (Gaia Dragoon G Version) is the same as most Final Clutch Bases, with the only difference being the design. The design difference that sets it apart from the other Final Clutch Bases is the triangles sticking out along the edges of the base, similar to that of Burning Kerberous’s Support Parts. Final Clutch Base releases its Engine Gear when it gets hit. Due to this, however, it makes the Bey more or less uncontrollable. Not only that, the tall height makes it very susceptible to Upper Attack, thus making this Base unusable for any combinations.

Overall
Gaia Dragoon G has a good Attack Ring, Sub-Attack Ring, and Weight disk. Not only that, but it probably also has one of the better Engine Gears compared to the others in the line. Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for any collection.

Gallery
It's the way that the sub attack ring sits between the base and attack ring, it basically makes it so that the sub-ar either stops spinning entirely or wiggle slightly. I said that it's one of the better engine gears in accordance to the others released before the gt line, but that seemed a little unclear.
(Mar. 13, 2016  10:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I made a few grammatical corrections below. Shouldn't you use ~Stoney~'s suggested Overall section though?

Seems not...

Edit: Checked it once again: You can easily find a NIB Gaia Dragoon G for only 20 bucks in about 3 clicks. It´s neither rare nor valuable, so it´s not worth a discussion that GD G is not a beyblade that makes one´s collection special.

The Attack Ring can be used in conjunction with Screw Zeus by locking the Attack Ring in place, which allows for force to transfer more solidly with the contact points on the Sub-Attack Ring.

The Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat Version) is similar to the Semi-Flat Version. It has a metal flat tip, as its name suggests, and the only difference design-wise from the Semi-Flat version is that the small step is filled in. It performs nearly identical to the Semi-Flat Engine Gear, but has a little more aggression, and a little less stamina. However, due to its height, it’s not useful in any sort of combination, and is outclassed by SG Metal Flat Base 2.

Final Clutch Base (Gaia Dragoon G Version) is the same as most Final Clutch Bases, with the only difference being the design. The design difference that sets it apart from the other Final Clutch Bases is the triangles sticking out along the edges of the base, similar to that of Burning Kerberous’s Support Parts. Final Clutch Base releases its Engine Gear when it gets hit. Due to this, however, it makes the Bey more or less uncontrollable. Not only that, the tall height makes it very susceptible to Upper Attack, thus making this Base unusable for any combinations.

Overall
Gaia Dragoon G has a good Attack Ring, Sub-Attack Ring, and Weight disk. Not only that, but it probably also has one of the better Engine Gears compared to the others in the line. Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for every competitive player. It's also a welcome addition to every collection, but not a must-have because of its low value compared to other plastics.

Other Versions
Gaia Dragoon G (Orange)
Gaia Dragoon G (Tournament White)
Gaia Dragoon G (Tournament Gold)

Gallery

So is this looking like the final verdict?
(Mar. 15, 2016  1:45 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
Quote:AR: Twin Horn (White Gabriel G)

Overall
Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for every competitive player. It's also a welcome addition to every collection, but not a must-have because of its low value compared to other plastics.

So is this looking like the final verdict?

I believe Dranzer V2's Support Part is called Cross Survivor (though it could be Cross Survival and Survivor is just a translation error). That last part of the Overall section could use some rewording as it's kind of confusing.

Other than that, the draft seems ready to go.
(Mar. 15, 2016  1:45 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:

SP: Defense Ring/Cross Survivor/Twin Guard (Voltaic Ape, Dranzer V2, Blizzard Orthus)

The Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat Version) is similar to the Semi-Flat Version. It has a metal flat tip, as its name suggests, and the only difference design-wise from the Semi-Flat version is that the small step is filled in. It performs nearly identical to the Semi-Flat Engine Gear, but has a little more aggression, and a little less stamina. However, due to its height, it’s not useful in any sort of combination, and is outclassed by SG Metal Flat Base 2.

Overall
Gaia Dragoon G has a good Attack Ring, Sub-Attack Ring, and Weight disk. Not only that, but it probably also has one of the better Engine Gears compared to the others in the line. Due to these factors, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have for every competitive player. However, it is also a Welcome Addition to every collection, due to its low price point and availability.

Other Versions
Gaia Dragoon G (Orange)

Gallery

Took the stuff @[Wombat] suggested.
Hmm, now the last sentence is even more confusing, because now it sound like especially low price beyblades are suited to be collected, although it's quite the opposite. If the previous version was already too confusing, maybe we should just delete the collection sentence completely and only name it as a must-have for competitive players, like in many other beywiki articles, because the current wording is highly mistakeable.
(Mar. 17, 2016  3:31 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Hmm, now the last sentence is even more confusing, because now it sound like especially low price beyblades are suited to be collected, although it's quite the opposite. If the previous version was already too confusing, maybe we should just delete the collection sentence completely and only name it as a must-have for competitive players, like in many other beywiki articles, because the current wording is highly mistakeable.

Yeah, it's really hard to word that sentence and make it sound good and clear at the same time. I'd like to keep it simple with that, haha.
The explanation is being horribly overcomplicated by the listing of the parts. Why list every part instead of just generalising it? How about this:

Quote:With a range of parts that boast a great competitive advantage, in addition to having a low price point and wide availability, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have Beyblade for all competitive players, and a welcome addition to any player's collection.

Short, sweet and to the point, haha Tongue_out
(Mar. 17, 2016  8:55 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: The explanation is being horribly overcomplicated by the listing of the parts. Why list every part instead of just generalising it? How about this:

Quote:With a range of parts that boast a great competitive advantage, in addition to having a low price point and wide availability, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have Beyblade for all competitive players, and a welcome addition to any player's collection.

Short, sweet and to the point, haha Tongue_out

I quite like that, actually.

SP: Defense Ring/Cross Survivor/Twin Guard (Voltaic Ape, Dranzer V2, Blizzard Orthus)

Overall
With a range of parts that boast a great competitive advantage, in addition to having a low price point and wide availability, Gaia Dragoon G is a must-have Beyblade for all competitive players, and a welcome addition to any player's collection.

Other Versions
Gaia Dragoon G (Orange)

Gallery

Looks about done to me, but final call @[~Stoney~] @[Ultra] @[Wombat]
Alright, cool !

Both Wombat and Stoney have given me the thumbs up so I'm going to start posting it on beyblade wiki sooner or later, but for now I'm going to move this to the approved drafts.

Thanks everyone !
Sorry I didn't look sooner but i'd just like to say:

You don't say anywhere in the article that the sub ring can be used with Galeon which is important since not everyone has the money for a Gabriel G and it's still top tier. Also I don't really see this as a must have item at all. If you don't own a galeon AR or Gabriel G there's no reason for you to own this (no I do not see your attack combo as a reason to own this when there are alternatives where you don't have to use Zeus' parts which are expensive and rare)
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:15 AM)Ultra Wrote: Sorry I didn't look sooner but i'd just like to say:

You don't say anywhere in the article that the sub ring can be used with Galeon which is important since not everyone has the money for a Gabriel G and it's still top tier. Also I don't really see this as a must have item at all. If you don't own a galeon AR or Gabriel G there's no reason for you to own this (no I do not see your attack combo as a reason to own this when there are alternatives where you don't have to use Zeus' parts which are expensive and rare)

Sure, I'll bite. It's a must have for competitive bladers; so I'd like to assume most competitive bladers own a Galeon, since it's in this thread.

But it definitely isn't that hard to just add a combo in there for war lion.

Quote:Use in Zombie/LAD Combinations:

However, if Twin Horn is not available, Dragon Saucer can be utilized in a similar combo such as:

AR: War Lion (Galeon)

Does that work for you?
Yeah that's good.