[4/14/13 Richmond, Virginia] BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: Virginia Qualifier

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: beybladerevolutionquali.png]

SUNDAY, APRIL 14 2013
One Eye Jacques - Richmond, Virginia
ZERO-G FORMAT

Start: 11:30AM

Fees: Mandatory WBO Qualifier Series fee: $5.00. Store fees: $5.00

THE REVOLUTION BEGINS! Virginia Bladers, this is your chance to earn paid travel expenses to Toronto to play in the WBO North American Championship, BEYBLADE REVOLUTION!!

There will be a Name that tournament contest with the prize being your store fees paid for by me. Please send all entrees to me via pm. No other entrees will count so don't spam this thread. Winners will be announced on the date the tournament if official and on this and that thread. Good luck all

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on this WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series tournament, regardless of whether or not participants have a Blader Passport (if you do not have one, you are welcome to purchase one in the place of the $5 fee, though), and there will be no prize reimbursement apart from the travel expenses for the winner. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the bigger this championship will be! However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:

What can I win?
The winner of this qualifier will receive the following:
  • Paid travel expenses, by plane or bus (whichever is cheapest) to ANIME NORTH 2013 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for BEYBLADE REVOLUTION.
  • An ANIME NORTH 2013 Pass
Qualifiers will be responsible for finding/paying for accommodations in Toronto, but the WBO Committee will work closely with the winner to make sure that they find somewhere suitable. Additionally, the winner will be required to consult with the Committee before booking their flight/bus, and then after approval, provide a booking confirmation to the WBO Committee before they can provide reimbursement for the traveling costs.

If you think you'll be able to make it out to BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: Virginia Qualifier, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Bazooka
Pruebame
Blader IXI
Dylanslegos
Geetster99
SonikkuBey
Jacob Brookover
wade246
beyslayer1
Cait_sith
Dark Mousy
Solblaze123
Ribby0328
Insane
Smotidoti
Saito
aaron b
AgentBeyblade21
MasterBlader896
linnanen525
DrPepsiDew
BossmanJ

Possible Attendees:
Kaboom
Stars
TheWhiteMamba
Flashmaster
GabeDG

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 13, 2013  1:29 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2013  12:49 AM)Stars Wrote: Annd confirm me now Smile See you guys there.

Looking forward to seeing you again stars.
Looking forward to take your B....seeing you again Howard. Up for plastic or no?
(Apr. 12, 2013  8:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2013  8:51 PM)MasterBlader896 Wrote: I'm new but are we allowed to use customized beyblades at the tournament?

Absolutely : as long as the parts are official Beyblade parts, then you can use combinations.

Thanks! Smile
(Apr. 13, 2013  1:40 AM)Stars Wrote: Looking forward to take your B....seeing you again Howard. Up for plastic or no?

Id love to do plastics. Can you bring a stadium? And ill try to remember this time to bring my plastics this time hah. Might have to remind me. Ill be leaving for Richmond tomorrow more then likely.

ALSO:
We need to train more judges. Id like to suggest we train at least 2 more for Richmond.
(Apr. 13, 2013  2:17 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2013  1:40 AM)Stars Wrote: Looking forward to take your B....seeing you again Howard. Up for plastic or no?

Id love to do plastics. Can you bring a stadium? And ill try to remember this time to bring my plastics this time hah. Might have to remind me. Ill be leaving for Richmond tomorrow more then likely.

ALSO:
We need to train more judges. Id like to suggest we train at least 2 more for Richmond.
Of course! I'll bring tornado attack with me then.

I will bring my Zero-G stadium to speed up the process.

I'm more than welcome to help train more judges.

Pruebame PM me your plans how your tournament is going to work out.
(Apr. 13, 2013  3:45 AM)Stars Wrote: I will bring my Zero-G stadium to speed up the process.

I'm more than welcome to help train more judges.

Pruebame PM me your plans how your tournament is going to work out.

We generally get our entire Zero G events done in less then 2 hours. And Im pretty sure we can use you for judging.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:03 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: We generally get our entire Zero G events done in less then 2 hours. And Im pretty sure we can use you for judging.
Hmm seems Virginia is sorta still in the BB-10 metagame so what can we expect a fast turnout.

Usually how many judge is there for every tournament in Virginia(excluding Geetster99,Dark Mousy, and I)?

Anyone in charge of recording the tournament?
Yea, I will use you stars to help with the judgeing. As far as training other judges, I'd like to get Dylanslegos started in judgeing. The 3 of us can help with his mentorship. Dark, I will be running this one the same way we ran our last one. More then likely we will have 4-5 block running. I will enter most results with DM helping with that. I'll announce etc..
I plan on being there at 10:30 when they open to set up and get my half an hour jump start.
If anyone else has a Zero-G stadium, Please brin it. The more stadiums we have the quicker and smoother the tournament will go. Inc on the pm Stars.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:17 AM)Stars Wrote: Hmm seems Virginia is sorta still in the BB-10 metagame so what can we expect a fast turnout.

Usually how many judge is there for every tournament in Virginia(excluding Geetster99,Dark Mousy, and I)?

Anyone in charge of recording the tournament?

There are a few judges from VA Beach, but they may or may not be there. Even in NC we get our Zero G tourneys done in 2 hours tops. And I do believe we will need someone to record this.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:35 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: There are a few judges from VA Beach, but they may or may not be there. Even in NC we get our Zero G tourneys done in 2 hours tops. And I do believe we will need someone to record this.
Seems like I'll do the filming and stuff then. Oh Hail the GoProHero3~! In MD we get our Zero G tournys done about 2-3 hours or more... Due to one match is a mirror stamina match and take way too long.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow, btw. Wish I could go, but I have to be elsewhere.
BossmanJ, my brother will be there.
Anyone want to get some breakfast before the event?
I WILL BE THERE TOMMOROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may not be able to go.since I don't have a Zero-G Bey man I wish it was regular beyblades. Unhappy
(Apr. 14, 2013  3:54 AM)MasterBlader896 Wrote: I may not be able to go.since I don't have a Zero-G Bey man I wish it was regular beyblades. Unhappy

You can use regular Beyblades in the stadium, the only difference is that you will have to battle in a Zero-G stadium. You can still use your regular MFB Beys.
The Judges will be for this tournament. Pruebame, Bazooka, Dark Mousy, Stars, DrPepsiDew. Dylanslego will be shadowing both Dark Mousy,Stars, and Myself.
Bring your "A" game everyone. The competition is fierce and it looks to be the largest Virginia Tournament with over 20 confirmed bladers. Good Luck to all!
'Null Said
Approxamately 3 1/2 hours to the tournament. I'll try and post results as soon as they happen. Special shout out goes to all the bladers coming from other states. PA, NC, MD, NJ, NY and others.
Thank you all for your support!
Good luck too all!
In Richmond....eating at silver diner, probably drop by target to see if anything i could buy. Good luck everyone!
i wish erey one good luck today. Tongue_out
Im about 15 miles out. Getting sone mcdonalds then heading to the venue
God I'm so jealous.

I hope it turns out well, and that there will (hopefully) be another tournament in the near future so I can meet you all and battle!
So what were the results for this event?
OK here are the final results!
Zero-G results
1st - Geetster99
2nd- Bazooka
3rd- Pruebame

BB-10 results
1st- Bazooka
2nd- Geetster
3rd- Pruebame

Good job by all.
Geester you troll ahaha.

Congrats guys!