3D Printed beyblades

One of my favorite parts of BeyBlade season 1 was that the cheif made the parts for the bladebreakers beyblades. I always wished for something like that in actual beyblade instead of parts designed by someone else that thousands also own. Then earlier today i stumbled upon a video of someone who had 3D printed a custom attack ring. I nearly screamed in joy! It got me thinking about how if people had the time and know-how, they could make their own unique beyblade! I think this is what the future of beyblade should be. Ever since i saw the video ive been thinking about all the possible stuff i could print. Im not the only one who thinks this would be great right?
inb4 3D printed metal comes into existence when some guy wants to 3D print MFB beys.
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:10 AM)couset Wrote: One of my favorite parts of BeyBlade season 1 was that the cheif made the parts for the bladebreakers beyblades. I always wished for something like that in actual beyblade instead of parts designed by someone else that thousands also own. Then earlier today i stumbled upon a video of someone who had 3D printed a custom attack ring. I nearly screamed in joy! It got me thinking about how if people had the time and know-how, they could make their own unique beyblade! I think this is what the future of beyblade should be. Ever since i saw the video ive been thinking about all the possible stuff i could print. Im not the only one who thinks this would be great right?
No I think it as well and always thought that would be cool but aren't there rules against custom beys?
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:24 AM)Mega L-Drago 24 Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:10 AM)couset Wrote: One of my favorite parts of BeyBlade season 1 was that the cheif made the parts for the bladebreakers beyblades. I always wished for something like that in actual beyblade instead of parts designed by someone else that thousands also own. Then earlier today i stumbled upon a video of someone who had 3D printed a custom attack ring. I nearly screamed in joy! It got me thinking about how if people had the time and know-how, they could make their own unique beyblade! I think this is what the future of beyblade should be. Ever since i saw the video ive been thinking about all the possible stuff i could print. Im not the only one who thinks this would be great right?
No I think it as well and always thought that would be cool but aren't there rules against custom beys?

Probably but they should make a certain set of rules regarding these custom parts. Like if this got enough interest then the plastic gen could come back with a bang. i wouldn't mind new parts for old combos either.
Check out what Naijalak has done, he is way ahead : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Photo-Ga...pid1296109
A user named Dio also prints and sells them (a bit pricy), and iirc Cannon dabbled in printing?
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:24 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: A user named Dio also prints and sells them (a bit pricy), and iirc Cannon dabbled in printing?

I do not think they printed at all, I think they modified existing Attack Rings, though I may be wrong.
He does modify them. Dio's work pretty much involves chopping up and painting larger attack rings.
Really? Damn, what AR could she has molded Tryhorn from? It's SUPER thick.
One of life's great mysteries.
it'd be great if some started doing this!
(Dec. 30, 2015  5:39 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: One of life's great mysteries.

Probably a ton of inner sparkling attacker rings.
I have no idea what they look like. Please post a picture!
Seriously Kai-v was here and it was't closed I thought this would have been closed a long time ago
Why would it have been closed ? Personally, even though they will be illegal for play, this is really cool, to mix new technology with Beyblade. I definitely think Naijalak's prints should have gathered a lot more attention than what they got in the Photo Gallery topic.

By the way guys, anyone interested in acquiring one of those 3D-printed Attack Rings should really know that they are offered as prizes in the Scavenger Hunt, but there are only five days left to participate !
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: even though they will be illegal for play,

not unless a new "Custom Beyblade" format is made! Pegasis_Wink

though there would have to be some very strict rules tho.
(Dec. 30, 2015  9:51 PM)imstillmudorios Wrote:

That would be awesome maybe a petition is needed
Yo, I'm definitely gonna start printing out tons of these on my robotics lab 3D printers!
Might make them tournament prizes for 2016 Grin mwahahaha
Glad you guys are interested in custom blade design. There's quite a bit happening in this area behind closed doors. Rarely is it discussed openly on the forum. Here are some links to past topics:

Username2130's 3D Printed Metal Wheels

Lowen93's Silver Tops Customs

Formula Bei: Discussion of Customs Design and Rules

Other makers occasionally pop up with work just as good as the above. Rarely are these customs designs for sale - but those that do find their way into the Beyblade black market are usually quite expensive.
Oh that is true, Lowen93 and username2130 also used a 3D printer. However, for certain there was no question about making custom metal parts legal for anything though.
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:24 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: A user named Dio also prints and sells them (a bit pricy), and iirc Cannon dabbled in printing?

I do not think they printed at all, I think they modified existing Attack Rings, though I may be wrong.

Nah we didn't, we used attack rings such as Dranzer G's for Vanishing Moot. That reminds me, I should try and attempt those beyblades again since mine were horrible and didn't realise (eg. paint jobs and stickers).

Dio got his Pierce Hedgehog and Tryhorn from some other user on here, but forgot their username. They also made Sharkrash and Vanishing Moot - although really sharp.

(Dec. 30, 2015  9:55 PM)Mega L-Drago 24 Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2015  9:51 PM)imstillmudorios Wrote:

That would be awesome maybe a petition is needed

A few things wrong here:
- Some beyblades would be way too overpowered
- not everyone has access to heavily modifying a Beyblade, therefore unfair
- It may not be safe
- I doubt there would be enough users to participate in that kind of format

https://grabcad.com/library/beyblade-9/d...id=2474182 here you go?
I've got an idea for the ruleset, the bey must weigh below a certain number of pounds, what number? Idk I'm not a Beyblade expert, but I'm interested in this idea too and I wanna chip in my thoughts
(Dec. 31, 2015  3:11 AM)Beylon Wrote: Glad you guys are interested in custom blade design. There's quite a bit happening in this area behind closed doors. Rarely is it discussed openly on the forum. Here are some links to past topics:

Username2130's 3D Printed Metal Wheels

Lowen93's Silver Tops Customs

Formula Bei: Discussion of Customs Design and Rules

Other makers occasionally pop up with work just as good as the above. Rarely are these customs designs for sale - but those that do find their way into the Beyblade black market are usually quite expensive.

(Dec. 22, 2016  1:18 PM)Blealolealoleal Wrote: I've got an idea for the ruleset, the bey must weigh below a certain number of pounds, what number? Idk I'm not a Beyblade expert, but I'm interested in this idea too and I wanna chip in my thoughts

Fixed the links in my original post for you. WarShell uses 75gm (Goliath) and 50gm (Spartan) depending on the tournament. The theory is that you can build a functional fighting machine for 50gm - but you can also build a colossal warmachine for 75gm. If you go over 75gm, physics typically screws you.