2-14-22 Tournament Report- VC’s wish: Retaking the Throne

Hosted VirtuousCircle on 2/14/2022 
Burst Classic Format
3v3 for First Stage
Ranked

(Sorry about this first part being bold, I accidentally clicked the button and it froze into bold)
The tournament had originally been planned to be at 2:00, but hadn’t started until about 2:20 due to some people not showing up as well as some older tweens being annoying. It was a rather hot day, 89 degrees as I remember it. 
Oh right the tweens. Me along with my mom, were the first to get to the tournament location along with MrAwesomeSauce8 and his mom I believe. We saw some people up by a tree, and we just walked down assuming they were part of the tournament. While waiting for the people to show, I heard the tweens saying some “uncivilized” words as well as talking about beyblade and kinda making fun of it. When VirtuousCircle was taking attendance he asked for a tweens Blader name, and they were playing along until we found out they weren’t actually registered. During most of the tournament the tweens were yelling “LET IT RIP” or “AW YEAH! BLAYBLADES!” and I was on the stair beneath them during each round. It was getting really annoying. It even got to the point where they climbed up behind the wall where the matches took place, not a foot away from the bladers including myself, and they were being annoying again. Nobody causes a scene, so like all people who like to annoy other people do, they walk away when nobody gives them a reaction. 
I’ve had my fare share of this at school. People teasing me and all that, but if they don’t get a reaction they just go away. Anyways, back to the actual tournament. 

There were a lot of new faces, at least to me. There were 14 bladers, but the tournament showed that the cap was 12. I have no idea how that worked out, but we split into 2 groups of 7. I was in Group A. 

My first opponent was kAPPERkAI, and I’d remembered battling him in the previous 3v3 classic tournament. His deck had consisted of a Kerbeus spread orbit, some plastic bey on polish hxt+’ (I don’t know names of beys that aren’t burst, sorry), and the third I didn’t remember. I went with my original plan for the tournament my 3v3 deck consisted of Dark Deathscyther Ring Wave’, Acid Anubis Yell Orbit, and Spryzen S2 Gravity Jaggy
 1st Match
Dark Deathscyther Ring Wave’ (me) vs Yegdrion Y2 Heavy Defense 
My Deathscyther layer is unnaturally off balance and I don’t know if kAPPERkAI caught into this, or if he saw me doing some test launches earlier. He launched so his bey circled the stadium at an angle, and by the time his bey touched mine I barely had spin left. 
From there I forget his combos, but I remember in the last round his acid Anubis gravity orbit burst my Spryzen last second. Weird. In this type of match Spryzen would have the advantage, but hey it happened. 

After that I went to my backup plan. This was the same deck, but acid Anubis and Deathscyther’s layers were switched on their combos. Acid Anubis Ring Wave’, Dark Deathscyther Yell Orbit, and Spryzen S2 Gravity Jaggy. Despite this being my backup, I had felt more comfortable with it going forward. 

I forget the order or name of my next couple opponents, but I won the matches either by a 3-0 sweep, or it being relatively close like 3-1 or 3-2. I think they were mainly 3-1. Spryzen seemed to be the weak link as it couldn’t take out the defensive stamina options it was up against. 

After that I was up against Ann2@. I had seen some of her matches and i was honestly scared. She was good. I remember my Deathscyther was up against her Yegdrion Gravity Yielding. It might’ve been a different disc. Heavy maybe. I outspun it. The next match I forget but Anubis did well. For the 3rd match I had my Spryzen, which had knuckle this time. I knew that she used victory valkryie on xtreme’, and despite Anubis having wave’, and deathscyther having tight teeth, I feared Spryzen may burst so I switched to knuckle this 1 time. It payed off. I did a heavy bank launch, and her combo hit mine really hard. But a split second after it knocked itself out and bursted. I was lucky her combo knocked itself out, I fear mine may have bursted and with the score being 2-1 we had to reshuffle. In that case I believe my Anubis had the best chance against her 3 combos but it’s hard to say. 

Next was Eddiehh. This match was decently close I believe. My deathscyther got its only loss in the tournament, losing by OS to his Acid Anubis Knuckle Yielding. I won the 2nd battle. The third was Anubis vs his Victory Valkryie heavy reboot’, and Anubis held strong. It was 2-1 and we shuffled. I believe he went with Valkryie and I went with deathsychter for the first pick. I won. 

Next was my last match for the first stage and I was extremely scared. I was up against VirtuousCircle. I had seen his Odin Heavy High Defense in action, and it was basically invincible. His desthscyther gravity revolve I felt I had a good chance against. His launcher malfunctioned so he did about 6 test launches. The hot weather did not help my sweating. 1st round my Anubis beat his deathscyther, as excpected. Anubis excelled at OSing sharp tip based drivers like revolve and eternal, or yielding. 2nd match. This was what I was most excited for. 2 combos I believed had no weakness. Odin Heavy High Defense vs my Dark Deathscyther Yell orbit. It was an extremely close match. Odins height didn’t help because orbit didn’t get destabilized. But I couldn’t destabilize Odin either. It came down to stamina and orbit stood up for literally .1 more seconds than Odin. The third match we both used “Spicy” combos. I had switched away from Spryzen this time because I felt I’d need something very aggressive against him. I went with Gargoyle G5 Gravity Evolution. My hasbro evolution was extremely worn. I could either launch flat and basically beg not to let it die, or it destroyed the opponent. Or I would bank and it was your basic KO attacker with some spin left after the flower pattern. He had Rudr R5 Polish Assault QD+ Kick. The beys were all over the place. I banked really hard because it was 2-0. If I took this round I would win. I didn’t want to take the risk of re-shuffling and losing to his Odin. He won by OS. I was extremely scared because if chose Odin and I lost… I think the first match of reshuffle was the Anubis vs. desthscyther match again. I won. I think that was the match, but for this one I’m not sure. I won though. I was extremely relieved. I was going to the finals! 

In the finals I was up against Cindercast. His deck was some oval shaped plastic bey with spread revolve, I think driger? heavy with some Slingschock tip that was fast. The tips movement reminded me of generate from seeing it in action earlier. And his third combo I forget, but I believe it was another stamina type. We wished eachother good luck and turned. He went with driger which I predicted. He seemed to really like that combo, so I went with Spryzen S2 Gravity Jaggy to counter it. I banked, and he got knocked out. He rematched and did it again. Score was 4-0. He went with his revolve combo after seeing me choose desthscyther. I won 5-0. 

Next was Eddiehh. 
His deck: 
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Reboot’
Acid Anubis Knuckle Yielding
Gigant Gaia Quarter Orbit

My deck: 
Acid Anubis Ring Wave’
Spryzen S2 Gravity Jaggy
Dark Deathscyhter Yell Orbit

He chose Anubis first and I chose desthscyther. Unlike our 3v3 match, I launched extremely hard and beat down his stamina. I won by OS. I forget after that, but it was basically me sticking with desthscyther and him transitioning between his 3 combos to try and beat it. The score led to 5-0 again I believe. I think I used Anubis or Spryzen at 1 point and he got a point? I honestly forgot. But he didn’t beat deathscyther and I won eventually.

I HAD FLIPPING WON THE TOURNAMENT! 
(I won’t rant about that, I should leave space on the page)

Overall I really liked the 3v3 format. Having 3 beys made the battles longer, more fun, and had more strategic value to it. For instance, when re-shuffling it is key to place the bey with the best chance against your opponents beys first. And this is more observation based to me, but people tend not to put their stamina type last. It’s usually first most of the time. 
This was a great tournament! The matches were really fun, and it was nice not to have draws due to LAD. Though there were some double burst and surprisingly 2 draws by OS for me. 

Thanks for an awesome tournament to anyone from the tournament who’s reading this!  
And to those who’ve read this far, I hope this wasn’t to boring.
My deck was Crystal Dranzer F H Prevail-S (the combo you mentioned) along with D2 S R and J2 K Rb'. My Prevail-S is pretty worn but grabs onto the ridge pretty well. I think I made some poor decisions with what I chose since I wouldn't have thought I would make it to semifinals. Had a lot of fun battling everyone and hoping to see a lot of people return to future LA based tournaments.

Oh and those kids who thought they were funny. Very much word I cant say tho i'm glad they didn't disrupt the tournament to the point where we have to switch areas or take actual action against them in any way.
(Feb. 16, 2022  4:58 AM)Cindercast Wrote: My deck was Crystal Dranzer F H Prevail-S (the combo you mentioned) along with D2 S R and J2 K Rb'. My Prevail-S is pretty worn but grabs onto the ridge pretty well. I think I made some poor decisions with what I chose since I wouldn't have thought I would make it to semifinals. Had a lot of fun battling everyone and hoping to see a lot of people return to future LA based tournaments.

Oh and those kids who thought they were funny. Very much word I cant say tho i'm glad they didn't disrupt the tournament to the point where we have to switch areas or take actual action against them in any way.
Huh. I’ve seen people use prevail-s a couple times before, but it was more stationary. Yours must be pretty worn! And I don’t think your decisions were poor at all. Based on what I saw from your matches, your combos were great! And I’m not saying I’m an expert in this at all, but 1 thing I’d suggest is having more coverage with your combos together. Your combos are independently versatile, but when they combine together the weaknesses to the 3 of them in a deck are decently exposed, at least to me. One would be mixed attack. Your prevail-s is fast in the beggining so I took advantage of that and banking with Spryzen worked. 
Yeah those kids were pretty annoying. And yeah it was a lot of fun battling everyone! Maybe me and you will battle again some time. I’d love a rematch!