[11/09/2013] [Simsbury, CT] Beysgiving

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Beysgiving
Venue: Valley Lodge 36, 991 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, Connecticut
Date: Saturday, November 9th, 2013
Time: 1pm - 5pm - Registration will be open from 1pm - 1:30pm
Format: Zero-G Format, Swiss
Fees: $5 entry for each format you wish to participate in. Free for Passport holders.

[Image: ValleyLodge.png]

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise.

It's time to give thanks and LET IT RIP! Join us at the Masonic Lodge in Simsbury again for another action-packed tournament. We'll have snacks again for a requested minimum donation of $1. If people would like something more substantial, let me know and we'll see about grabbing a pizza or a giant sub.

I'll have some CT Beyblade face bolt stickers to give out to those who attend. Here's what they look like!

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • A Judge's calls are final. Please do not argue or carry on about a call you disagree with.
  • I am not responsible for lost or stolen items.
  • Do not touch the laptop used for scoring. You will find out your ranking at the end of the tournament.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.

Prizes:
Duo Ice Titan
Duotron Launcher
Beyblaster

Confirmed:
rkalajian
akalajian
dmkalajian
Leone19
rockdragon
dr. leo
KingdomBlader
BladerBlock
charliebey
geekblader13
Olympachris
XtraCorruption
UltimiteOrion

Unconfirmed:
Bullchamp
Haspro
Bahamdia Master
PhantomOrion22

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

WBO matches are supposed to be 3/5

Also, do you not do any sort of finals where the top bladers from the blocks compete in an additional round robin?
Time, we run Swiss which has no finals. It's all weighted.

As for the 2/3, I'm working with Kai-V on that now. As far as I recall (I'm trying to find the message chain) we had gotten approved for 2/3 around the same time we got approved to do Swiss.

Either way, we may be switching formats and moving back to 3/5. We need to find the best way to keep the time of tournaments to an absolute minimum.
(Nov. 10, 2013  9:22 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Time, we run Swiss which has no finals. It's all weighted.

As for the 2/3, I'm working with Kai-V on that now. As far as I recall (I'm trying to find the message chain) we had gotten approved for 2/3 around the same time we got approved to do Swiss.

Either way, we may be switching formats and moving back to 3/5. We need to find the best way to keep the time of tournaments to an absolute minimum.

Use 2 stadiums, have at least 4 judges, use Challonge.com to keep track of everything. I can get a 20 person tournament done in 2 hours.
I use Challonge now, and I love it. Next time we'll have an extra stadium and more judges. 2 hours is great!
(Nov. 11, 2013  2:26 AM)rkalajian Wrote: I use Challonge now, and I love it. Next time we'll have an extra stadium and more judges. 2 hours is great!

BB10 might take a bit longer. But as long as someone uses attack it should go by rather quickly.
I run Zero-G, and our meta is SUPER stamina heavy. I'm hoping to break that, though.
(Nov. 11, 2013  2:54 AM)rkalajian Wrote: I run Zero-G, and our meta is SUPER stamina heavy. I'm hoping to break that, though.
Yah i think the stamina is cus most players in CT are just moving into the cyclone stadium, me included. So we are a little uneasy as to how Zero-g attack types work. But im working on a few combos and I dont think youll see me using B:D next tourney.
Zero-G Attack Type Stadiums were used.
Correct. It's a Takara Tomy Zero-G Attack Stadium.
Just wondering- has everything been sent in?

Tongue_out
Yup. Everything was sent in Saturday night!
Rob - Thanks for hosting a great Beysgiving Tournament. We enjoy the pace of the battles, and how the matches are all run fairly, for both new bladers and experienced players. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

'Looking forward to future tourneys - Simsbury is such a great venue - and qualifiers for '14.
This tournament has now been processed. Unfortunately, due to the 2 out of 3 format that was used, which is not legal under WBO's Organized Play, we are unable to process the BeyPoints for this tournament. All participants have been granted the credit for participation and Place Faces for the winners.

More importantly, we're glad to hear that you guys had a great time in this tournament, and we look forward to the next CT event.