ever made fun of for liking beyblade?

Bey Brad Wrote:nic you are insane

Lol, Agreed.
Just for the record, I don't know Japanese. My original point (which was probably lost in translation) was that I don't live in UK.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Just for the record, I don't know Japanese. My original point (which was probably lost in translation) was that I don't live in UK.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I was mainly saying that to Seldia away.
Roy Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Just for the record, I don't know Japanese. My original point (which was probably lost in translation) was that I don't live in UK.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I was mainly saying that to Seldia away.

he was joking
As Emily said, spinning tops don't really come up in conversation a lot. 8)

Still, I wouldn't go out of my way to hide the fact that I have a stash of childrens toys in my cupboard. I won't invite my friends round and ask them to entertain my obsession with fiddly, strategic battling tops but if they happened to ask 'Alice, do you collect beyblades?', I'd say 'Yes. Yes I do.'

When I was younger, I would have been embarassed to admit it but now my friends and I are, by and large, 18 years old, nobody makes fun of other peoples interests anymore. Yay!
Bey Brad Wrote:
Roy Wrote:

he was joking

Joking? I don't get it but I'm stupid away so never mind.
Eh, my bad for hitting this a 1 1/2 weeks from the last post but... how many times did anyone ever hear the term "Gayblade" used by a random intruder walking into your conversation about Beyblade? I could vouch for a few dozen times.
(But then I would hit them with my blade and make them scream)

XD
as i said a six year old said that to me at a wal-mart and it was really surreal
I've only ever heard them referred to as gayblades by anyone that doesn't own one or thinks they're stupid Tongue_out
Whoa. That was already mentioned. My mistake.

I always ended up coming up with a smartass/possible desperation response such as: "Yes, beyblading makes me happy and that means that they can be called that."
When Beyblade was at its peak i was in year 8, not sure what that would be in the US... I was 12 anyway. And me and friends used to be so open about it that it was kind of impossible to make fun of us. People would always frown and try and give a kinda your an idiot type smile, but ive always been the kind of person people dont make fun of. Even to this day i like certain things the majority of people find 'childish' like Naruto (very small example) and even wrestling. But i honestly couldnt care. I have fun with what im interested in.
Seldia Wrote:I've only ever heard them referred to as gayblades by anyone that doesn't own one or thinks they're stupid Tongue_out

Haha yeah when i was into so much during like 2002-2004 my mates and so on would always keep saying that " Lets Gayblade! ".. " Stop playing with those Gayblades " and so on.. still didn't effect me though cause i still played with them haha, Most people knew i was into them hard so they got over the jokes and so on and let me have my fun, although i still get reminded to this day Pinching_eyes_2
Dude, I bring my beyblade at school and blade in the boy bathroom and I let everyone know, they can call me a fag,retard or whatever I don't care
Sega, shut up.
Jeez don't take it so personally, most of you guys would have expected to get ripped on either way...
I got laughed at too. I still do now and again at school but mostly it's my siblings that do it. It's a shame they don't respect that I can like what I want. They always moan if I want to watch Beyblade or other anime, yet I never moan when they want to watch their stuff. How does that work out?! Pinching_eyes

It's their loss! At least I respect their likes and dislikes. There's no way I'd sink to their level anyway. Beyblade rocks and that's all there is to it! Whether they like or not. Nobody has a say over whether or not you can be a Blader.
you guys are hilarious

you'd think bladers were the jews with some of the responses in this thread
hahaha, you're right. Although I hear beyblade isn't as cool as it once was in older social, or "anti-social" circles Tongue_out
knux Wrote:Even to this day i like certain things the majority of people find 'childish' like Naruto (very small example) and even wrestling. But i honestly couldnt care. I have fun with what im interested in.

Yeah! Don't listen to what others say. Btw Naruto has a extremely huge fan service. (If you ever went to a expo in London you'll see the amount of cosplayers dressed up as Naruto characters, mainly Akasuke members or Kakashi though)
I think you're confusing "fan service" and "fan base"
AnnieDuck Wrote:I think you're confusing "fan service" and "fan base"

huh? What's the difference between fan service and fan base???
claire Wrote:
AnnieDuck Wrote:I think you're confusing "fan service" and "fan base"

huh? What's the difference between fan service and fan base???

Fan base is ... well, the fans.

Fan service is something the show goes out of its way to do, even if it is not necessarily in the best interests of the show. You know, gratuitous panty shots and the like.
Naruto may have been childish at first but when it goes forward a few years it's bloody good. Wrestling on the other hand is just completely stupid and completely fake.
Roy Wrote:Naruto may have been childish at first but when it goes forward a few years it's bloody good. Wrestling on the other hand is just completely stupid and completely fake.

naruto sucks and wrestling sucks