ever made fun of for liking beyblade?

(Apr. 24, 2008  12:26 AM)firekid115 Wrote: well, its pretty common to be made fun of for liking anime but for beyblade, its so like... wtf!

every time someone heres me talking about blades with my freind, there like OMFG! you like beybladde!!!! hahahahahah

and im only 12, beyblade was made for 4-9

and im guessing almost everyone heres been made fun of for liking beyblade?

Nope,I dont get teased,My friends dont care if I like beyblades or not.So im happy.
I get teased all the time for liking beyblade!
4 me! ,no one nows that i like beyblades outside my houseSmile
man if my friends knowed that i like blades,they will make fun of me the rest of mylife
(Jun. 15, 2008  1:34 AM)red_eyes Wrote:
jasonresno Wrote:Sarcasm would be a better word for it. I honestly am glad you are here discussing with us even if you don't speak or write english first like most of us do.

Let me put it this way: Your understanding of the language far surpasses most of the 15 year old myspace chicks around my town.

Hmm yeah i know my english is very bad i don't have very much english in the school beacause of them the most i learned by myselfe and I hope with the time i Can also learn here a bit english Wink But never compare me with 15 years old myspace chicks Wink

keep it easy

beybrad
That's good Grin

peace
red_eyes
ur english is good.i live in saudi and i learn english at school,but TBH i feel that my english improved and is improving because of the internet and vediogames and english movies i watch.these 3 things improved my english more than my school!
so try to watch a lot of english moviesWinkgd luck
(Dec. 07, 2008  5:49 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I get teased all the time for liking beyblade!

You shouldent.I dont get teased at all.You should be able to like what you like.
(Dec. 07, 2008  6:59 AM)Raykon Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2008  5:49 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I get teased all the time for liking beyblade!

You shouldent.I dont get teased at all.You should be able to like what you like.
I know they're just joking around, one of my friends is insane about Disney and another in love with Elmo. And I "make fun" of them.
Meh I just ignore it, they don't know what there missing, the kids at my school are dumb asses anyways the least they could do is make up new insults cuz "gayblade" is gettin' really old
i liked beyblade when i was around 8 or 9 but lost interest untill 2 years ago. me and my cousin got propper back into it and i used to hide the fact i liked it because it's not easy being a 14 yr old boy at a high school full of chavs that take the piss out of you just for having, what they call, "long hair". But the past year i openley talk about it and just dont care. i tried to hide it from some of my friends but just gave in, now i force them to play it with me and except that i like it. it's no different to any other anime apart from it has a a game to go with it like "yugioh", i think thats why people think it's baby-ish. Animes like naruto on the other hand don't get taken the piss out off, i don't get it!

my rant is over...
Grin
(Dec. 12, 2008  10:09 PM)neek_alert Wrote: Animes like naruto on the other hand don't get taken the piss out off, i don't get it!

Wow. Where on earth do you come from?
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:00 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2008  10:09 PM)neek_alert Wrote: Animes like naruto on the other hand don't get taken the piss out off, i don't get it!

Seriously, I don't get made fun by my only frined that knows I like beyblade but I know I would if he knew I liked Naruto(I don't but still), everyone here gets made fun of for liking it.
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:00 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

a happy placeXD
I was made fun of so much in elementary school, but kids stopped caring after 5th grade
Imo the reason people make fun of people of people who watch anime is because of how bad the english dub is. Naruto english dub is so annoying no wonder everyone makes fun of you if you watch it.

I don't really talk about beyblade outside my house... So i just play beyblades with my brother.
All is good.
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:21 AM)Taiki Wrote: Imo the reason people make fun of people of people who watch anime is because of how bad the english dub is.

i think it may be because most people (rightfully) think that spinning tops are ridiculous
Naruto is annoying. I think his gay with the other guy. (Forgot his name) The guy that ran away. Ahh i forgot.
I mean whats with ''Believe it'' in the english dub. Funny though how some people at school start saying that thinking they're leet. ( L337)

If you don't bring the topic up or anything, most people won't know you like beyblade.
I saw this youtube video a while back where this guy was made fun of because he liked pokemon, the next day he got plastic pokeballs and started throwing them at the bullies. That guy was awesome. (So brave)
(Dec. 15, 2008  11:38 AM)Taiki Wrote: Naruto is annoying. I think his gay with the other guy. (Forgot his name) The guy that ran away. Ahh i forgot.
I mean whats with ''Believe it'' in the english dub. Funny though how some people at school start saying that thinking they're leet. ( L337)

If you don't bring the topic up or anything, most people won't know you like beyblade.
I saw this youtube video a while back where this guy was made fun of because he liked pokemon, the next day he got plastic pokeballs and started throwing them at the bullies. That guy was awesome. (So brave)
ppl shooldnt hate u for the things u like....
(Dec. 15, 2008  11:38 AM)Taiki Wrote: Naruto is annoying. I think his gay with the other guy. (Forgot his name) The guy that ran away. Ahh i forgot.

I read tons of books and I enjoy NARUTO the manga a lot. I'm not sure why you think he is "gay" based on the fact he might be annoying. He's supposed to be an annoying kid. It's about him maturing and trying to help his friend.
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i think it may be because most people (rightfully) think that spinning tops are ridiculous

if takra knew (i don't know if they do or not) that beyblade had a big audience of older people, i think they would reconsider who they were aiming it at. then it wouldn't be seen as childish and just the same as any nerdy hobby like warhammer.

Or they could open a new line of beyblades that had more technicaly in-depth parts for them. Beyblade involves a lot of science if you are playing it at a higher level, it realy isn't a kids game.

if only...
NERDS UNITE!
As for me i have been made fun for doing it all my friends call it Gayblades and little brother he threw my beyblades around so hes pretty much a douchebag
This is six months old :\
dude, when it comes to people dissin' you for doing something different, you just gotta land a killer insult on 'em and keep yourself looking confident and on the high-horse.

okay an example: this girl i really liked called me over to her back along and was like "is it true you're a pokemon champion?" so i thought 'well there goes my chances' but i knew i had to do something to keep up my street cred if you know what i mean. so i said "well, that depends on what im the champion of" and she was all giving it the "omg you like pokemon lololololol" sorta treatment. so i said "for me, i enjoy it, and you can laugh but in the end im doing what i wanna do because i enjoy it. unlike other people who dont do stuff cause they're worried about what people think, i do what i enjoy. and anyone who cant understand that just isnt worth my time." as you can imagine, she soon shut up.5

basically, if someones bothering you about it, either: make them look the idiot (example above), or punch them out. you play 'gayblades' but you still got the guts to put someone kissing the floor? you'll sail straight out of anyone saying anything to you. actually there's a third one, which is to make them feel like a clueless idiot, but i like the first best.

obviously i dont advise the second course of action as described above, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. just be open, and if anyone chalenges you because of it, just give it the "yeah, got a problem with that you country bumbkin beady eyed punk? you're a failure at life, get out my face before the site of your mug makes me puke 'ya freak" and im sure they'll back off.
:\ ^ unlike you, most people on this forum are not 12 year olds. Seriously, grow up.
Oh,this one I CAN GO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Remeber how I made Beyblade the sport at my school? Well....believe it or not (you'll probably believe it), there were some dissenters.

Apparently,this person (who I'm going to dub Mr. Bigot,due to a combination of poser-like tendencies and a napoleonic complex) decides to pick on me for liking Beyblades.

So,I hand him a Beylauncher,and tell him

"Let's see you do even half as well as anyone else here."

He backs off,but tries,tries again.

He eventually threatens me with a switchblade and I have him arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

The moral of the storyGrinon't mess with Beybladers.
axe_ninja, solving incidents with violence to look cool makes you an idiot in every situation. Locking this retarded abomination.