Writing Tournament-Redo? Change? Forget?

That does not fully assess the entire range of writing skills. Finding a good topic, laying out the setting, characters, none of this would be relevant in your proposed format.
Besides, it's very unfair for one person to be going first...he could make a completely impossible idea to work on for the next 2 people. Also, it's very easy to write a capturing beginning or ending, but hard to make a middle (I think). Some may find that backwards, but Th!nks point still stands.
How about we set a date for everyone to write their stories online, so you have until midnight on that day to submit the story, you can be planning it before and stuff but you can only start writing online when that day starts, a continuous story might not be good because of what sparta said, different people have different styles of writing so the story would be wierd
(Feb. 22, 2012  12:24 AM)Sparta Wrote: Besides, it's very unfair for one person to be going first...he could make a completely impossible idea to work on for the next 2 people. Also, it's very easy to write a capturing beginning or ending, but hard to make a middle (I think). Some may find that backwards, but Th!nks point still stands.

No, not really.......

If somebody's heading or the front really sucks, the latter one will try to fix that carp.
If he successfully write it--- Congratulations.
This really depends the writers' skill, and their ability to withstand different situations.

Besides, my idea is to let the judges to write the heading.
I have just written my first story and have been told I am a skilled writer so I would be very happy to take place in such an event!
(Feb. 25, 2012  4:27 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2012  12:24 AM)Sparta Wrote: Besides, it's very unfair for one person to be going first...he could make a completely impossible idea to work on for the next 2 people. Also, it's very easy to write a capturing beginning or ending, but hard to make a middle (I think). Some may find that backwards, but Th!nks point still stands.

No, not really.......

If somebody's heading or the front really sucks, the latter one will try to fix that carp.
If he successfully write it--- Congratulations.
This really depends the writers' skill, and their ability to withstand different situations.

Besides, my idea is to let the judges to write the heading.

It's a dumb idea, drop it.
Besides, think of the writing style differences. Sparta pays a load of attention to detail, while I'm more interested in character development. So if Sparta went first, I would have almost no leeway. On the other hand, I usually only leave a vague idea of a plot in early chapters. Too lopsided to work.
As I said, it's a really dumb idea, and it shouldn't be discussed further if this whole thing is to actually happen and be fair Smile
Hrm... The tag-team idea was a miserable flop. So I'd have to assume that a preliminary set of rounds based on new entries each round would make more sense. Then roll out a concrete list of themes for each round.
So I'm guessing we chose to "forget" continuing writing tournaments.
(Apr. 15, 2012  7:00 PM)MaximumX Wrote: So I'm guessing we chose to "forget" continuing writing tournaments.

No one's responded in a while and, even though it's only been a few days, no one commented after your post. I just don't think there's any interest-and even if there was, I'd surely pass on the torch. They're just too hard to coordinate and run. They're a good idea in theory, but...